Honeymoon "must-do's"?

My fiancé and I are setting sail on the Allure on June 15th for our honeymoon. My fiancé has NEVER cruised, or even been out of the US, and the last time I cruised was 10 years ago on Voyager. RCCL has changed so much since my last cruise, and so have the ports of call.

I was if any wondering if any of you veteran cruisers had any suggestions or tips for us to get the most out of our cruise? (For example romantic areas, must-do events, and can't miss places in port)

We are both in our mid twenties and love adventure. I'm really big into planning ahead of time, and I'm trying to get some ideas together to surprise my fiancé. (He is going to be so shocked by the beauty of the Allure that he won't know what to do. Lol)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try to find a dark spot on the ship and star gaze. Take a walk around the ship at night. We go out for a stroll after dinner, it is quiet and romantic. Spend a few minutes in Central Park. Get up early one day to see the sunrise.

Enjoy the solarium. Don't forget the fun activities like the flow rider and zip line. The parade is fun to watch, even for 20 something's. Consider dinner in a speciality restaurant . Don't know your ports, but check the ports of call boards for suggestions.

Best wishes and enjoy.

M

We went on the allure for our honeymoon last year. A few things not to miss...the newlywed mingle( free Champagne!!!), enjoy a beautiful quite sunset on deck after dinner in the solarium (no one was around) , and we took advantage of a spa deal on one of our port days.

Enjoy!! And congrats!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

CONGRATS on your up and coming wedding. You certainly picked the BEST ship ever for your new hubby to be on.

I don't think you are going to need too much help with suggestions on the ship. Just try and do as much as you can for the week. Do you have a balcony? (this makes for a very romantic background) Bottle of champagne/wine ....

If you let us know your ports...Eastern or Western Caribbean?....I am sure we can help you with tons of suggestions AND save you tons of $$$.:eek:

Do ONLY what you both want to do! What's a "must do" for some, may not be important for you!

A honeymoon is a time to "get to know" your other half....(although nowadays, most newlyweds already know each other pretty well) and have couple's time before you get thrown back into the mix of real life!

What a great honeymoon! My fiance and I loved the Allure. It was his first cruise as well, and he loved it! He is now completely spoiled by the Allure though in comparison to other ships.

We had a balcony that we enjoyed breakfast on pretty much every day, so I'd say room service breakfast is a must! We also loved going to all the shows. We rock climbed (watch out the pegs can be hot!) and zip-lined on the ship which was a lot of fun. Make sure to take lots of pictures!

Congrats on your wedding! "Romance" is pretty subjective. I am 62 and married 40 years so I see things a bit differently. But my wife and I took a stroll on Formal Night (yes, we do dress up). Went up to Central Park about 10:30 pm or so. The violin/cello duet were playing beautiful baroque music. There were only a couple of people up there. We got a nice after dinner drink and sat on the bench and enjoyed the beautiful surroundings and beautiful music. Central Park is really nice at night. I found it very romantic. Be sure to take an evening stroll up there.

Go watch and try to participate in the Love and Marriage show. On the Allure they gave out REAL prizes, not the swag bag junk. A lot of fun to watch regardless if you participate or not. Check the cruise compass for what night it will be. It's a must see.

Agreed!

congrats.....just don't try and see everything....go with the flow......and enjoy

Agreed. It's a honeymoon. Use the cruise to spend time together. See something you both want to do? Go do it.