Strange things on a cruise

Ken Greco

We sailed Indy in February, and there were service dogs on our cruise - about 10 or 12 of them, their owners and various family members. Loved seeing the dogs out and about on the ship! We wondered the same thing as you about where they go potty and happened upon an area in the aft part of the ship on deck 4 for with 4 or 5 sandbox-sized boxes full of mulch. Didn't realize at the time that it was for the dogs, but it dawned on us a couple hours later when one of our fellow cruisers and her service dog got off the elevator on deck 4. :)

I saw them when walking NCL Sun on that deck-promenade deck. There was "evidence" left by the dogs so there was no doubt.

I guess my weirdest one would be this:

My DH's company had chartered the entire ship so I'm still trying to figure out how this came about. We were up on deck while there was a fly over with the company banner. It's hot, really hot. Ft Lauderdale mid October.

We are on the upper deck and look down towards the pool where there is a stage area set up for the announcer so everyone is looking that way. There is a woman in a full length wedding dress with a wide and long train. She would walk from one side of the deck to the other side so that everyone could see her. She did that for over an hour! Back and forth, back and forth. We get it - you got married!

I doubt they got married on the ship as the company had flown people in from all over the world the day before so the majority of the passengers boarded at the same time. I'm thinking she got married the day before but chose to put her dress back on. I can't imagine what was going through her head but she looked like a total moron. Never saw the "groom" though.

I guess my weirdest one would be this:

My DH's company had chartered the entire ship so I'm still trying to figure out how this came about. We were up on deck while there was a fly over with the company banner. It's hot, really hot. Ft Lauderdale mid October.

We are on the upper deck and look down towards the pool where there is a stage area set up for the announcer so everyone is looking that way. There is a woman in a full length wedding dress with a wide and long train. She would walk from one side of the deck to the other side so that everyone could see her. She did that for over an hour! Back and forth, back and forth. We get it - you got married!

I doubt they got married on the ship as the company had flown people in from all over the world the day before so the majority of the passengers boarded at the same time. I'm thinking she got married the day before but chose to put her dress back on. I can't imagine what was going through her head but she looked like a total moron. Never saw the "groom" though.

maybe she was walking back and forth waiting for the groom!!!

We had a pair of Morning Doves sail with us from Mobile to Cozumel. They rode on the railing on the top deck. I bet that they were really thirsty when they got to land.

BTW, it was in December. I guess that they finally had enough of the cold weather.

On a HAL cruise a couple had a big paper sticker which the ship put on them for embarkation saying "Suite Guest". They managed to peel it off and put it on what they were wearing EVERY day. :D

LuLu

Oh this is hilarious! Maybe they were newbies and thought they needed to wear them.

They are currently on the Adventure TA that we are on and that ends in Southampton tomorrow. They arrive nightly at the cocktail hour for diamond and up C&A members in the imperial lounge. They arrive and stand for everyone to see their bizarre outfits and then proceed to parade around the venue before taking a seat. They obviously love the attention, we see them daily as they are on the same deck as us.

They have arrived as Maharajas on 2 occasions with head dresses.

They sat with us at one of the Cocktail Parties that we were invited to on our TA on the Adventure a few years ago.

I was dying to ask them if I could have a photo of us but I couldn't pluck up the courage!

Seeing two men (who were Royals top cruisers) dressed crazily that I can't even explain it! They wore head pieces, carried purses that were stuffed animal dogs (pink), wore total red outfits with sparkles, very bizarre. Has anyone else ever seen them, after all, they have over 1,000 points. They were on the Adventure for 4 months. Maybe someone can explain them to me!!!!!!:eek::D

YES! I know exactly who you are talking about. One of them is named Jurgen, and they are top cruisers. They were on the Serenade with us. My teenage daughter referred to them as "Gay" and "Gayer." They wore exactly what you said, and came to formal night dressed as Indian pashas.

On our cruise in January, we seen a two people having sex in one of the hot tubs in broad daylight! They didn't even stop when 2 other people got into the tub with them! Somebody in a white uniform finally came up and must have said something to them, because they got out right away after wards. The funniest part though was that we didn't see them together at all for the rest of the cruise! Lol

On our cruise in January, we seen a two people having sex in one of the hot tubs in broad daylight! They didn't even stop when 2 other people got into the tub with them! Somebody in a white uniform finally came up and must have said something to them, because they got out right away after wards. The funniest part though was that we didn't see them together at all for the rest of the cruise! Lol

It must of been a hookup! ;);)

Yuck!! I wouldn't get into that hot tub afterwards:eek:

The strangest thing I saw was a couple in their bathrobes (and their slippers) for breakfast at the Horizon Court. Really folks, c'mon. I'm surprised the woman didn't see fit to have her hair in curlers as well.

On my last cruise there was a Japanese couple who had interesting fashion choices. My favorite outfit that he wore was like a bad characiture of a really bad game show host--tight, bright red pants that ended at the ankles with black patent shoes, white ruffled tux shirt, and white tux jacket with black trim.

Edited by ducklite

Whats yours? So what goes on the Quest?

Welcome to CC.

Once you have experienced "the Quest" onboard, you will understand. It is a (PG13 to R rated) game show where teams of alcohol primed passengers are egged on by the CD to earn points for doing embarassing things to entertain the masses. The teams with the most points win lovely RCI logo items.

It can be quite funny and worth a look if you have never seen it.

Pretty sure this observation takes the lead in this "strange" thread: Broad daylight, strangers/voyeurs getting IN the tub, a hook-up. Yep...Some people are recess....No class.

Man, there should be a PLANK to walk! That has to be a misdemeanor on shore. That would clean things up!!

What is the strangest thing you have ever seen on a cruise, not counting what goes on at the Quest?

When I woke up one morning, I looked in the mirror and there was this guy looking back at me.:eek: He was in need of a shave, but he had this big grin on his face, like he was happy to be on a cruise.:rolleyes::D

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any strange/bizarre pics to go with the strange things seen on cruises? (Except for the hot tub thing, no one wants to see that):eek:

Christina

The only odd thing I have pictures of are the gentleman on our Panama Canal transit day wearing only his speedo and hat (well, he was also carrying his camera) as he patrolled the decks.

The only odd thing I have pictures of are the gentleman on our Panama Canal transit day wearing only his speedo and hat (well, he was also carrying his camera) as he patrolled the decks.

that is not odd- pretty much the norm for a cruise ship. European men especially likes those suits. Hey, they are used to going nude on beaches, only us Americans find that strange, be glad he had that on.

A guy showed up to the lifeboat drill extremely drunk, drink in hand and smoking a cigarette. When one of the officers told him to get rid of the cigarette ~ he tried to throw the lit cigarette overboard...into a lifeboat. He then tried to hit on me and asked me if I wanted to blow his whistle. Ummmm....NO!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that is not odd- pretty much the norm for a cruise ship. European men especially likes those suits. Hey, they are used to going nude on beaches, only us Americans find that strange, be glad he had that on.

Oh, I don't mind the speedos on men, as long as they are built for it (as in he's taken care of his body and is in good shape). This guy wasn't.

A guy showed up to the lifeboat drill extremely drunk, drink in hand and smoking a cigarette. When one of the officers told him to get rid of the cigarette ~ he tried to throw the lit cigarette overboard...into a lifeboat. He then tried to hit on me and asked me if I wanted to blow his whistle. Ummmm....NO!

Ewwwww!! What a horrible start to your cruise! I hope it didn't ruin it for you, or that you didn't keep seeing him all over the place.

️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!)

Could've been the start of a beautiful friendship!