Is Atlantic Ocean rough in August

The Atlantic can be rough, or smooth, any day of the year. If you have sea sickness issues, you must remember you are at sea, and it can be rough at any time. You might remember the movie Perfect Storm was set in September.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The Atlantic can be rough, or smooth, any day of the year. If you have sea sickness issues, you must remember you are at sea, and it can be rough at any time. You might remember the movie Perfect Storm was set in September.

In the book and the movie it is October.

Around the Canary Islands in August is usually pretty good/excellent (probably better than September). If you are sailing from Southampton then this is probably the 'best' time to do it. However it can play up but I wouldn't worry too much but just be aware that the weather can vary. We have sailed this route many, many times and have been fine. Go for it if you can and you will have a great holiday. Ignore the Perfect Storm references.

The North Atlantic is the most unpredictable ocean in the world, so anything could happen. When we did a Transaltlantic in November '09 it was like a mill pond! You just never know.

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

The North Atlantic is the most unpredictable ocean in the world, so anything could happen. When we did a Transaltlantic in November '09 it was like a mill pond! You just never know.

Simon

Yes, you can ignore the part about the Perfect Storm being in September- it was in October. My mistake, my apologies.

But if you wish to ignore the concept that seas can be rough any time, 365 days of the year...good luck with that!

We are considering a 10-day Canary Islands cruise from Southampton August or September 2015 with four days at sea. Is the ocean rough for that itinerary? For that time of year? Appreciate any input as I am just beginning my research!

Is there a 10n from Southampton?

Canaries cruise from Southampton usually have 6 sea days and are 12-14 days.

Ok found Eclipse does a 10day with 4 sea days but that is end Oct and they manage it with shorter port days.