Majesty vs Enchantment

My sister in law and I have the opportunity to go on a last minute cruise and have the option of the Majesty or Enchantment 4 night. Based on reviews I've seen on here comparing the two, it sounds like Enchantment is the better choice. When I was originally looking last weekend, they were priced almost the same (Enchantment $10 less), but now Enchantment is double the price of Majesty. I waited for this weekend to see if the price would go down again but it didn't. Also, we are flying into FLL so we would have the extra time and expense of a rental car to get to Port Canaveral. So I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money/drive to still do Enchantment or if we will be happy on Majesty.

This is my sister in law's first cruise and I want her to have an amazing time. I'm just concerned about the comments I've seen about the ship being sold soon so it's old, tired looking, sewage smells, rust, and such. Plus I want to know if there will be enough to do onboard to keep us entertained.

I don't know if Enchantment might go down in price again and I should wait, or if we will still love the Majesty so just hurry and book in case it goes up. One of those gambling moments since I live in Vegas (although I never gamble, lol).

I really appreciate your input!

I have been on both ships...and for a 1st cruise Majesty is fine...it has a great crew...goes to Key West, Coco Cay and Nassau...Enchantment you only get Coco Cay & Nassau...I would book Majesty without any hesitation!

My sister in law and I have the opportunity to go on a last minute cruise and have the option of the Majesty or Enchantment 4 night. Based on reviews I've seen on here comparing the two, it sounds like Enchantment is the better choice. When I was originally looking last weekend, they were priced almost the same (Enchantment $10 less), but now Enchantment is double the price of Majesty. I waited for this weekend to see if the price would go down again but it didn't. Also, we are flying into FLL so we would have the extra time and expense of a rental car to get to Port Canaveral. So I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money/drive to still do Enchantment or if we will be happy on Majesty.

This is my sister in law's first cruise and I want her to have an amazing time. I'm just concerned about the comments I've seen about the ship being sold soon so it's old, tired looking, sewage smells, rust, and such. Plus I want to know if there will be enough to do onboard to keep us entertained.

I don't know if Enchantment might go down in price again and I should wait, or if we will still love the Majesty so just hurry and book in case it goes up. One of those gambling moments since I live in Vegas (although I never gamble, lol).

If you're flying into FLL. Majesty would be my choice. Enchantment has just a few more bells and whistles than Majesty but not worth the drive.

I've been on Majesty several times. Great staff, service, food etc.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I just got off the Enchantment this week, never been on the Majesty. I wasn't impressed at all and wouldn't put any extra anything into sailing on it. I would take the Majesty just because you get the extra stop at Key West.

The Enchantment had everything you said about the Majesty. Sewage smells, toilets not flushing, running out of hot water, orange tinge to the water, amenities not functioning, plenty of places where it was rusty and tired looking, cation tape where things are out of order. We even stayed in a suite and found the overall comfort to be significantly lacking.

That isn't to say we didn't enjoy our cruise, but the ship was nothing special at all.

I've been on both, and Majesty many, many times - I would pick Majesty easily over Enchantment. You get the stop in Key West, a large Boleros lounge, Sorrento's, Compass Deli and Johnny Rockets, and...it's just the better overall ship, IMO. Enchantment's rooms are larger and it has a bigger pool deck, but I love Majesty's atmosphere and crew way better. See if you can grab a cabin on deck 9 for a little more space. You guys will have a blast.

As an aside - both ships are older, so the sewage smell you'll have here and there, but I can honestly say, I have yet to be on a ship where I didn't smell it from time to time. Enchantment was my worst experience with sewage issues.

Not been on enchantment but did majesty last year. Had a really great cruise.

Personally speaking you don't need all the bells and whistles on a short cruise. With the 4 night we were in port everyday so were not on the ship that much anyway.

Wow, thanks so much everyone! You have made me feel a lot better about it! My husband told me to stop stressing about it because his sister won't care and is just grateful to go. I don't particularly care either since my next cruise is on Oasis and I know I'll be wowed there. I just wanted it to be great for her and I appreciate the reassurances!

You will have a great time on Her Majesty. She is the oldest ship in the fleet, but gives cruisers a terrific experience. Having sailed on her 10 times and on Enchantment once.....flying into FLL, Majesty just makes more sense -- the extra stop, the superb staff and crew; she isn't going to be sold within the next few months.....she still has lots of sailing listed for bookings well into 2016.

It is my opinion that EVERYONE should take a cruise on Her Majesty before she leaves the fleet.....that is how much we have always enjoyed our cruises on her.

I will also suggest the 9th deck....we generally stay there; cabins are a little bigger and good access to what we want to do.

I ended up booking her thanks to all you good people! It's in 2 weeks so the highest deck available was 3rd. But that's okay. I'm sure it will be great. We are both so excited!!! It will be interesting for me going from the oldest ship in the fleet to one of the newest the following week (oasis). Now to figure out what hotel to stay in, how to get to the port, and if we want to do anything at any of the stops. Thanks again!

I'm going to try both - have never been on either one of them. Normally we love the big ships, but doing 2 short cruises fits in with our plans and it's just so cheap and I get 3 days in between to spend in Florida. Will be on the Majesty this time next week and then the Enchantment the following. Will be on the same sailing?

I ended up booking her thanks to all you good people! It's in 2 weeks so the highest deck available was 3rd. But that's okay. I'm sure it will be great. We are both so excited!!! It will be interesting for me going from the oldest ship in the fleet to one of the newest the following week (oasis). Now to figure out what hotel to stay in, how to get to the port, and if we want to do anything at any of the stops. Thanks again!

We did the trolley around Key West and the Museum on our first visit to Key West. On Coco Cay there are tons of things to do -- snorkeling, scuba, parasailing or just enjoying the beach and BBQ. We have been to Nassau many times, and one of their are your typical excursions to take to learn about the history....or just walk among the shops. We rarely get off the ship anymore in Nassau, and just enjoy the gym, pool and lazy time on the ship. Usually in the early afternoon they activities staff is having activities around the pool for all those returning from morning excursions.

The night time entertainment has always been wonderful on Majesty as well.

You will have a great time!!!

But then you will be going on the fully loaded Oasis....wow what a change you will have.

Hi- glad to hear you booked. I would recommend the crowne plaza Hollywood beach if you don't want to stay in Miami. We stay there before our Majesty cruises now and it's a great place- awesome infinity pool right on the intracoastal. Nice tiki bar and grille as well as a water taxi stop right at the pool. Might want to check it out

I board Majesty today and will bring home the compasses, so if you'd like to see them I can scan for you and post here next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I board Majesty today and will bring home the compasses, so if you'd like to see them I can scan for you and post here next weekend.

Hurry up! j/k I get onboard on Friday.

Have a great cruise.

Majesty was my first cruise and I am going on Majesty again in November to celebrate my 29th birthday. Loved everything about the ship and can't wait to get back on Majesty to pay it a final goodbye.

The best part we enjoy about Enchantment as opposed to Majesty is the Solarium.

Hey Bob, I value your input on subjects and your knowledge of RCI. I booked Enchantement the other day because I got a good price on the BOGOHO sale. Seeing how everybody loves Majesty and then the mixed reviews on the other thread about Enchantment, I was just wondering what you thought about Enchantment beings how you just did the three day recently which is what we are doing. We did the 3 day on Sovereign back in 2008, so I decided to do Enchantment rather than Majesty cause I like to try the different classes of ships and I can't drive to PC in 7 hours.

Some are making out like this ship is the worst ship in the fleet, but folks said the same thing about Sovereign, but I thought that was great so I have learned not to put a lot of stock in reviews that make out like everything is bad!

I see that there are no Speacialty restaurants, not even a Johnny Rockets and I guess I can live with that for a quick 3 day cruise and I don't compare the other ships I have been on with others as I can go small to big and back to small. So what is your overall impression of the this ship?

There is no Formal Night on a 3 day cruise correct?

Edited by bigque

Hey Bob, I value your input on subjects and your knowledge of RCI. I booked Enchantement the other day because I got a good price on the BOGOHO sale. Seeing how everybody loves Majesty and then the mixed reviews on the other thread about Enchantment, I was just wondering what you thought about Enchantment beings how you just did the three day recently which is what we are doing. We did the 3 day on Sovereign back in 2008, so I decided to do Enchantment rather than Majesty cause I like to try the different classes of ships and I can't drive to PC in 7 hours.

Some are making out like this ship is the worst ship in the fleet, but folks said the same thing about Sovereign, but I thought that was great so I have learned not to put a lot of stock in reviews that make out like everything is bad!

I see that there are no Speacialty restaurants, not even a Johnny Rockets and I guess I can live with that for a quick 3 day cruise and I don't compare the other ships I have been on with others as I can go small to big and back to small. So what is your overall impression of the this ship?

There is no Formal Night on a 3 day cruise correct?

We were on Enchantment for 10 days last September and 7 days this past March. We had very nice cruises and did not experience any problems at all. The public areas were in fine shape. We're going again in the fall.

There is a formal night on night 2 (Saturday), Nassau night.

There is one specialty restaurant, Chops. There is also Park Cafe in the Solarium which we enjoy for a quite, peaceful, non-hectic breakfast, and of course, the roast beef sandwiches at lunch.

Edited by clarea

We were on Enchantment for 10 days last September and 7 days this past March. We had very nice cruises and did not experience any problems at all. The public areas were in fine shape. We're going again in the fall.

There is a formal night on night 2 (Saturday), Nassau night.

There is one specialty restaurant, Chops. There is also Park Cafe in the Solarium which we enjoy for a quite, peaceful, non-hectic breakfast, and of course, the roast beef sandwiches at lunch.

Thanks! I didn't see Chops in the ships plan I was looking at! That is good to know as we really like Chops! What type of food does the Park Cafe have?

I have never been on Majesty, but we went on her sister Monarch and my wife sailed on Sovereign twice. We have been on Enchantment twice since she moved to PC.

I know that ships in the same class aren't always equals. I know that Majesty received upgrades that Monarch/Sovereign never received.

That said, the only ship I've ever sailed that I said I would NEVER sail on again was the Monarch. I renamed it the Dump of the Seas. However, I've read many folks here who have the same opinion, but consider Majesty a solid cut above her sisters.

I obviously don't feel that Enchantment falls into that dumpy category. She's older. She's smaller, but she's a good little ship. We've been twice and will likely go again.

We've had excellent service and, since they seemed to have figured out how to open the solarium roof on appropriate days, it is a great short trip.

I'm glad you found a booking you like, but I wouldn't rule out Enchantment in the future because it seems like most of the people poo-poo'ing her are attached to Majesty and seem to believe if they can convince enough people she's a floating sewer that will save Majesty from going to Pullmantur.

I have never been on Majesty, but we went on her sister Monarch and my wife sailed on Sovereign twice. We have been on Enchantment twice since she moved to PC.

I know that ships in the same class aren't always equals. I know that Majesty received upgrades that Monarch/Sovereign never received.

That said, the only ship I've ever sailed that I said I would NEVER sail on again was the Monarch. I renamed it the Dump of the Seas. However, I've read many folks here who have the same opinion, but consider Majesty a solid cut above her sisters.

I obviously don't feel that Enchantment falls into that dumpy category. She's older. She's smaller, but she's a good little ship. We've been twice and will likely go again.

We've had excellent service and, since they seemed to have figured out how to open the solarium roof on appropriate days, it is a great short trip.

I'm glad you found a booking you like, but I wouldn't rule out Enchantment in the future because it seems like most of the people poo-poo'ing her are attached to Majesty and seem to believe if they can convince enough people she's a floating sewer that will save Majesty from going to Pullmantur.

What do they serve in the Park Cafe?

What do they serve in the Park Cafe?

Salads - made to order

Roast beef sammiches, which people either LOVE or HATE (and yes... sammiches, not sandwiches hehehe)

Panini

Pizza (not always, we found it mostly late at night)

Fruit cups

Small parfait-type desserts

Fruit

I'm sure there were a few other items, but you get the idea.

ETA:

In the mornings they have muffins and bagels, as well. I think they had some cups of yogurt??? I think.

Edited by poncho1973

I ended up booking her thanks to all you good people! It's in 2 weeks so the highest deck available was 3rd. But that's okay. I'm sure it will be great. We are both so excited!!! It will be interesting for me going from the oldest ship in the fleet to one of the newest the following week (oasis).

Keep watching the website. Prices and availability tend to change in the final week. If you can upgrade to a deck 9 SO room, I highly recommend it. The extra space and small couch make it a lot more comfortable. Plus, the deck 9 hallway is a lot more quiet.