Benefits to on board booking?

Bob, if I were to book a Cruisetour..... are those land days added in do you know? Just wondering whether it's worth waiting to book when I'm on board next month ......

Linda

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Bob, if I were to book a Cruisetour..... are those land days added in do you know? Just wondering whether it's worth waiting to book when I'm on board next month ......

Linda

I'm not sure if the land days are considered when the OBC is computed. I know they use the land days in computing your C&A cruise points, just not sure about the OBC.

I'd say call C&A, but we all know how that goes.

I'm not sure if the land days are considered when the OBC is computed. I know they use the land days in computing your C&A cruise points, just not sure about the OBC.

I'd say call C&A, but we all know how that goes.

When they eventually bring out Oz / NZ 2016 and I've figured out the itinerary I want I'll ask my TA to do the legwork on that! His comments on calling Guatamala are unprintable here.... :eek:

With the NCC you get the benefit of only paying $100 for the deposit, if I have read correctly. My question is, does the discounted deposit apply for a 2nd, 3rd etc or do you have to pay full deposits for others? I read that someone said they just add the second person at the final payment date to avoid the extra deposit, are there any issues in doing that? I'm considering buying one on my next cruise and just wanted to be clear :) TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the NCC you get the benefit of only paying $100 for the deposit, if I have read correctly. My question is, does the discounted deposit apply for a 2nd, 3rd etc or do you have to pay full deposits for others? I read that someone said they just add the second person at the final payment date to avoid the extra deposit, are there any issues in doing that? I'm considering buying one on my next cruise and just wanted to be clear :) TIA!

Once you create an onboard booking or open booking, you can have up to 4 people on that booking, and each one costs $100 deposit, even if you add them later.

The only exception I know of is if you have a Grand Suite or above. In that case, you pay full deposit.

Once you create an onboard booking or open booking, you can have up to 4 people on that booking, and each one costs $100 deposit, even if you add them later.

The only exception I know of is if you have a Grand Suite or above. In that case, you pay full deposit.

Thank you so much! We are a family of 4 so even though the OBC has been drastically reduced, it will be worth it to only have a $400 deposit instead of $1000 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm... that makes me curious.... I booked my next cruise awhile back using my NCC. The other week I decided to change cruises and at the same time I added my hubby (paid another $100 for a total of $200 paid). At that time I changed from a JS to a GS. Then they collected the extra $100. The other day I called and got the BOGOHO credited. Again, they did not ask for more money. Should I be concerned not having $500 paid? They due date listed on my account (for deposit) shows April 30th.

Hmm... that makes me curious.... I booked my next cruise awhile back using my NCC. The other week I decided to change cruises and at the same time I added my hubby (paid another $100 for a total of $200 paid). At that time I changed from a JS to a GS. Then they collected the extra $100. The other day I called and got the BOGOHO credited. Again, they did not ask for more money. Should I be concerned not having $500 paid? They due date listed on my account (for deposit) shows April 30th.

Yes, I would be concerned. I would call Royal and pay the extra deposit required for the GS. You don't want to be surprised and find out your cruise was cancelled.

I know this is a stupid question but im going to ask just in case, is there any grace period after you sailed to buy an open booking? Just in case you were not being smart and didnt purchase one while on board but now you want too about a month after sailing?:o Haha I know I should have bought one then but I didnt....but just wondering:confused:

I know this is a stupid question but im going to ask just in case, is there any grace period after you sailed to buy an open booking? Just in case you were not being smart and didnt purchase one while on board but now you want too about a month after sailing?:o Haha I know I should have bought one then but I didnt....but just wondering:confused:

They used to have an informal grace period of about a week. I tried a few months ago and they declined to sell me an open booking about 2 weeks after my cruise. They told me no more grace periods.

They used to have an informal grace period of about a week. I tried a few months ago and they declined to sell me an open booking about 2 weeks after my cruise. They told me no more grace periods.

Which is unfortunate as I think now it may be even harder to get to see the LA with the next cruise changes as everyone will be picking a specific sailing. Or not???!!:rolleyes::confused:

Which is unfortunate as I think now it may be even harder to get to see the LA with the next cruise changes as everyone will be picking a specific sailing. Or not???!!:rolleyes::confused:

I can't speak for others, but I have no desire to purchase the current version of the open booking. :(

I can't speak for others, but I have no desire to purchase the current version of the open booking. :(

I concur (good morning Bob!)

IF the OBC is affected by Cruisetour days being included then I may hold off till next month but for the amount of OBC being offered currently I might as well jump in when the itinerary is released as the price will likely rise and negate the difference having OBC will make.

I concur (good morning Bob!)

IF the OBC is affected by Cruisetour days being included then I may hold off till next month but for the amount of OBC being offered currently I might as well jump in when the itinerary is released as the price will likely rise and negate the difference having OBC will make.

Good morning (I think it's still morning in England) Linda.:)

So I pay $2000+ for an inside room on the Quantum 7 day cruise and they give me $25OBC. To be honest I would almost be insulted by that...

The biggest benefit I enjoy is the reduced deposit; for example the sale they are running for 15/16 sailings.

Me neither- I meant that there may be more people actually sitting with the LA and picking a specfic cruise for the higher OBC

Me neither- I meant that there may be more people actually sitting with the LA and picking a specfic cruise for the higher OBC

I agree, and I really don't like taking that time out of the cruise.

I agree, and I really don't like taking that time out of the cruise.

Somewhat agree...but since the OBC discount has diminished with the Future Cruise plan to a fraction of its historical value...perhaps more folks will book onboard to get the bigger future cruise discount. Time will tell.

In our case...we're not seeing much value of onboard booking - too much of a commitment while trying to relax on a current cruise. :)

Unless I'd done my homework and knew exactly which cruise I wanted next, there's no way I buy a cruise cold onboard. The surroundings make me too euphoric and unable to concentrate. :)

It usually takes a bout of post-cruise depression to get me motivated. ;)

A tip of the hat (with no wag of the finger) to those who can book onboard and get whatever perks come with it! :D

I did manage to buy an NCC last time out, which has gone so far unused. And from the devaluation I'm reading about, it will probably be my last.