Dawn Princess 4 October cruise Cancelled

I received a call from Princess today advising that for "Operational Reasons", the 4-7 October cruise by Dawn to Tasmania is cancelled. I wonder if any other Dawn cruises are being cancelled. I was offered a move to a Diamond Princess cruise later in the month with $30 OBC. They stated that this was a "heads up" call and I would receive an email tomorrow with all the details.

Sounds a bit strange....I wonder what they mean by "Operational Reasons". The 4-7 Oct cruise is the repositioning from Sydney to Melbournse for the start of a season cruising out of Melbourne..

$30 OBC , to compensate for any disruption is a joke......

Sounds a bit strange....I wonder what they mean by "Operational Reasons". The 4-7 Oct cruise is the repositioning from Sydney to Melbournse for the start of a season cruising out of Melbourne..

$30 OBC , to compensate for any disruption is a joke......

might be doing a charter, it can happen

Here's an interesting article from Cruise Critic:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=760

Edited by rkmw

I received a call from Princess today advising that for "Operational Reasons", the 4-7 October cruise by Dawn to Tasmania is cancelled. I wonder if any other Dawn cruises are being cancelled. I was offered a move to a Diamond Princess cruise later in the month with $30 OBC. They stated that this was a "heads up" call and I would receive an email tomorrow with all the details.

That's disappointing. I am also currently booked on this cruise, have not heard anything as yet.

If its a charter, then yes, unfortunately it can happen.....:(

Could also be that they have oversold the 3 day cruise and are trying to buy back some space.

If that is the case , and it happens , they should come out say so and offer very good incentives for people to change to another cruise.

It should be up to the passenger , who is holding a ticket to cruise , to decide what they are going to do....not the cruise line dictating what they will do by fobbing them off..

Oversells happen overseas , and they just keep upping the offers until enough people accept.

Many people may have already booked flights and , if needed, hotels. They need to be compensated if a cruise is canceled outright.

Interestingly enough it is still comming up on the Princess website with all but the mini-suite available to book.

They need to update their booking pages otherwise they will have to credit a few more people the hugh sum of $30:rolleyes:

Karryl

Interestingly enough it is still comming up on the Princess website with all but the mini-suite available to book.

They need to update their booking pages otherwise they will have to credit a few more people the hugh sum of $30:rolleyes:

Karryl

Tempting to book it just to get the credit!

I've been wanting to try Princess from Brisbane in the future anyway.... :D

Karryl

Sorry I meant to say huge not hugh. H and e not even close on the keyboard.

Must have been excited thinking about that potential $30 credit:D

Karryl

The above is incorrect. :o

I got my Octobers mixed. The Dawn Princess cruise 23 October 15, a 2 night cruise from Sydney - Melbourne has been cancelled and replaced with a 6 night cruise to Tasmania, Sydney - Sydney.

Princess has offered me a alternate cruise on the Golden Princess. A 2 night Sydney to Melbourne departing 28 October 15 with the sweetener (?) of $30 OBC a cabin. No increase in the original price. From my understanding, bookings open 20 May 14 for the 2015-16 cruises.;)

I got my Octobers mixed. The Dawn Princess cruise 23 October 15, a 2 night cruise from Sydney - Melbourne has been cancelled and replaced with a 6 night cruise to Tasmania, Sydney - Sydney.

Princess has offered me a alternate cruise on the Golden Princess. A 2 night Sydney to Melbourne departing 28 October 15 with the sweetener (?) of $30 OBC a cabin. No increase in the original price. From my understanding, bookings open 20 May 14 for the 2015-16 cruises.;)

Thanks for the clarification.

Glad you cleared that up. and now news that it will be another couple of weeks for the itineraries to come out.:D

Sorry, next time I will hasten slowly.;)

I booked the 4th October cruise to celebrate (doesn't really seem to be the appropriate word) my 60th birthday. I don't believe I have ever gone from rage to relief in the space of a few posts!!

Stu

Well you certainly got a few hearts racing with your post By the Bay :eek:

Glad you sorted which cruise it was. I could just see Princess inundated with calls to check!

Thanks for making the correction and allowing a large group to breathe easy again :D

That's the one I'm on, posted elsewhere.

Mid-week is no good though, so guess I'll be cancelling.

I booked the 4th October cruise to celebrate (doesn't really seem to be the appropriate word) my 60th birthday. I don't believe I have ever gone from rage to relief in the space of a few posts!!

Stu

Congrats, it is certainly better than the alternative.:D

That's the one I'm on, posted elsewhere.

Mid-week is no good though, so guess I'll be cancelling.

That is a shame, will they still offer you the $30 though or only if you move to an alternate sailing at the same time.

I booked this cruise tonight Sydney 4th October Sydney Tassie Melb

I am trying to find the roll call but having no luck any kind person send me

the link please

It doesn't look like there is one yet. You could always start one.