Princess Elite free laundry.

WE will be able to have our laundry done on our next cruise and am interested to hear from members if their clothes have shrunk when they are returned.

I realise clothes can feel much tighter by the end of the cruise, although this cannot be blamed on the washing.

Jfadra.

WE will be able to have our laundry done on our next cruise and am interested to hear from members if their clothes have shrunk when they are returned.

I realise clothes can feel much tighter by the end of the cruise, although this cannot be blamed on the washing.

Jfadra.

It is the salt air that bloats people making their clothes tighter. :eek:

I haven't had any of my clothes returned smaller (shrunken) by the laundry but I only sent some shirts and jeans.:D

We recently sailed on the Crown Princess to South America and did not have any problems with clothes shrinking at the ship's laundry.

Just enjoy your cruise and the free laundry.

Cheers

Bernie

Do they iron your clothes, too? Or is that hoping for too much?

Princess will just iron clothes as well. Be careful...Princess washes in HOT water & drys the heck out of the clothes. I do NOT send any delicates or hand washables to the laundry.

Do they iron your clothes, too? Or is that hoping for too much? :D

Yes Sandi, they are pressed and delivered on hangers. What surprised me was the high cost to a non-elite (they leave the docket attached, even though you mark the order slip "No Charge")

Yes Sandi, they are pressed and delivered on hangers. What surprised me was the high cost to a non-elite (they leave the docket attached, even though you mark the order slip "No Charge")

There are also the self service laundries if you get desperate to wash something while on vacation.:D

I only had a problem once with laundry and that was a top with a cowl

neck when they pressed they stretched the neck line. Washed it myself

when we got home and it is fine now. It's trial and error deciding what to

send if in doubt hand wash that's my motto. There is an iron in the

self serve laundries at no charge.

For my first Elite laundry wash , I sent off a bag of "smalls" and the whites came back grey:eek:

Sent a Polo shirt off another time and it came back so neatly pressed I did not recognise it :D

I have had some slacks come back shrunk. I now get them laundered rather than washed. Everything else has come back fine.

They always put the amount it would normally cost on your account and then subtract it from your account straight away.

There are also the self service laundries if you get desperate to wash something while on vacation.:D

We've never had the luxury of a laundry before having always sailed RCI but I must say we did appreciate having the facilities on the Pacific Pearl where there were 10 washing machines, 10 dryers & 5 irons on the lower level and more on a higher level which I didn't check out.

What was so impressive was that the charge for the washer was just 1x$2 coin and the dryers were 3x$1 coins. Bust to take your own coins and washing powder as it's often a long wait at the Service Desk.

I thought that was excellent value for about a 40 minutes wait with a good book in the laundry until it was all completed.

Perhaps the Princess Line does it differently - be interested to hear!

We've never had the luxury of a laundry before having always sailed RCI but I must say we did appreciate having the facilities on the Pacific Pearl where there were 10 washing machines, 10 dryers & 5 irons on the lower level and more on a higher level which I didn't check out.

What was so impressive was that the charge for the washer was just 1x$2 coin and the dryers were 3x$1 coins. Bust to take your own coins and washing powder as it's often a long wait at the Service Desk.

I thought that was excellent value for about a 40 minutes wait with a good book in the laundry until it was all completed.

Very similar, although the time and price may be slightly different.:D

Princess has two washers and dryers on each deck and it is terrible. (That is Sun and Sea Princesses.) They take so long and often one is broken down. Last cruise I spent hours in there just for one load. Thank God I've reached Elite. P&O laundries are great and the machines much quicker.

Princess has two washers and dryers on each deck and it is terrible. (That is Sun and Sea Princesses.) They take so long and often one is broken down. Last cruise I spent hours in there just for one load. Thank God I've reached Elite. P&O laundries are great and the machines much quicker.

It was back in 2012 on the Diamond, but I think the washing machines took 8 quarters for a wash cycle and another 8 in the dryers. There was powder vending machines and also ones that provided change in quarters. I think the laundries were on nearly every floor (or every second floor) and there were at least 4 sets of machines and 4 ironing boards. I only used the iron for a quick press of my shirt on Formal night.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Congratulations on reaching Elite level. Enjoy the benefits.:):)

Regards.

It certainly is a great benefit especially if you are on a longer voyage. However with more and more people becoming Elite and taking longer cruises Princess has looked at this perk before with the idea of removing or limiting it .

Some people have abused the service by slipping their friends laundry into the bag as well .

Celebrity also has a free laundry perk on their top level but they impose a limit on the number of items that can laundered.

It certainly is a great benefit especially if you are on a longer voyage. However with more and more people becoming Elite and taking longer cruises Princess has looked at this perk before with the idea of removing or limiting it .

Some people have abused the service by slipping their friends laundry into the bag as well .

Celebrity also has a free laundry perk on their top level but they impose a limit on the number of items that can laundered.

Yes, it seems there is always some people who push the boundaries, which ends up ruining it for everyone.:(

It takes 150 nights on Princess to get to 'free laundry'.

It takes 80 nights on Royal Caribbean to get to 'free grog' every night (from 5.00pm to 8.30pm), and 'limited free laundry' as well.

Now, I'm not an alcoholic (I don't go to meetings - I'm just a drunk :)!) But to me, RCL's deal leaves Princess's for dead!

MP.

It takes 150 nights on Princess to get to 'free laundry'.

It takes 80 nights on Royal Caribbean to get to 'free grog' every night (from 5.00pm to 8.30pm), and 'limited free laundry' as well.

Now, I'm not an alcoholic (I don't go to meetings - I'm just a drunk :)!) But to me, RCL's deal leaves Princess's for dead!

MP.

i tend to disagree, princess is much better when you include the free internet plus the free laundry plus all the other perks

btw we are not worried about the free grog that RCI supply

when you say limited laundry on RCI how much does a bag cost and with the internet is it only 45 minutes for Diamond

Edited by rkmw

To each his own! :)

MP.

how much for a bag of laundry for diamond and how much free internet do they get, we are emerald with rci but we havent cruised with them for quite awhile

I'd check out the Royal Caribbean web site for 'Crown & Anchor' benefits to be certain, as I never worry about the 'free' internet on Princess or RCL.

Just an afterthought the extra 70 nights to qualify for Princess 'benefits' (as compared to RCL), equates to about $7000 AU/person (in the cheapest cabin cat.)

Hope this helps,

MP.

We were recently on Golden Princess for a month, BA to LA. Can you believe 1200 of 2500 pax on board were Elites? As a result the complimentary laundry was hammered by some, not us, we only put in 1 bag a week, some abused the perk by putting in a bag a day and boasted of it. It was taking 4 days to get laundry back. About time Princess limited Elite laundry to one bag per 3 days.

Someone will always stuff things up for others.

Edited by NSWP