Will RCI automatically know I'm on a B2B?

I've booked a back to back in August on the Allure of the Seas. We (my party) have recently had to have new invoices sent through due to a change in cost, and have needed to re-register both cruises on our C&A account.

I am just wondering whether or not I need to re-inform both C&A and RCI that this is a B2B so we don't get missed out of the B2B talk etc! Thank you!

Hope this makes sense!

When you check in online for both cruises, On the first cruise, when you get to the "departure" drop down, choose "consecutive cruiser". On the second cruise, when you get to the "arrival" drop down, again choose "consecutive cruiser". Won't hurt to stop by GR though. We're going on a B2B Sunday and will make sure we're on the list.

If you link the two sailings, prior to final payment, then you will not be able to make your final payment(s) on line. Rather, you will have to call. I always wait to link my B2B sailings after making final payment. :) I don't know if this has recently changed, but it was this way just 2 months ago.

just curious ,on a b2b do you have to disembark and reembark?

It varies by ship and port. On US based cruises, you usually disembark and reembark.

just curious ,on a b2b do you have to disembark and reembark?

We'll find out next week but from what I've read by a few Freedom cruisers is that you meet at a certain time, they give you your new sea passes, walk you off the ship thru customs and walk you back on the ship when customs clears it. Hope it goes that smoothly:)

Usually, a piece of cake. You'll receive information in your stateroom with the wherefores and how tos.

Meet somewhere on the ship after the hoards get off and then walk off as a group. Usually go into a terminal where the new folks are waiting.

Sit for a while and then check-in like a new person.

Most recently, (February) on Celebrity, our back to back, (and several other cruisers) was really screwed up, we got off the ship, and there was no record that we were b2b.

It took about 2 hours for things to get straightened out before we could get back on the ship with our new sea passes.

Might be the luck of the draw......but we met a bunch of great fellow cruisers that were also screwed. Go with the flow.......:o

When we sailed out of Cape Liberty - we did not have to exit the ship. Maybe it depends on other ports of call. All we had to do was go to guest relations and they gave us a NEW key/card. This card worked to pay for our drinks, but would not unlock our cabin door. So, we had to go back and they quickly fixed the problem.

We'll find out next week but from what I've read by a few Freedom cruisers is that you meet at a certain time, they give you your new sea passes, walk you off the ship thru customs and walk you back on the ship when customs clears it. Hope it goes that smoothly:)

oh i see , thats a little bit of a pain going through customs then back in line and wait to reboard but i guess they have to sanitize everything

It is US customs that determines the procedure and not RCI.

yeah thats true, but since they arent coming back to US land it would be easier to just go through customs once at the end of the b2b. but yes rules are rules

Won't hurt to stop by GR though. .

Absolutely.

Every B2B we've done ( and I think we're up to 4 or 5- on 3 different ships), I've double checked @ GR and, of course, they had no idea we were consecutive cruisers- even tho I booked directly with RCI, filled out the Set Sail pass online correctly, AND called customer service to confirm the B2B before the cruise.

yeah thats true, but since they arent coming back to US land it would be easier to just go through customs once at the end of the b2b. but yes rules are rules

Harooni, Customs is customs. . . They make up the rules not the cruise ships! ;)

It really isn't a big deal to go through customs on a B2B. You walk off with just your ID and whatever else you "feel" you need . . . go through customs and then back on the ship when the ship has cleared customs!

There is no luggage involved. IF you get to same room for both cruises :D. . . your things stay in the room. IF you don't then you have to pack everything so that the staff can move your luggage! :rolleyes: