Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

Thanks for this, but how do I use it, it opens in Adobe?? Or should I download something different, I'm on an IPad

It will open in the Numbers app if you have it on your iPad.

The spreadsheet will open in Safari and Open in Numbers will appear at the top-right corner of the spreadsheet. Tap on that to open the file.

Lew

Great job, kelly94942!

A suggestion: You might want to consider freezing the first four rows so they'll remain stationary and in view while the user pages down.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

A suggestion: You might want to consider freezing the first four rows so they'll remain stationary and in view while the user pages down.

Rows 1 - 5 are frozen... not sure why that's not coming through when it is downloaded.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! I got the soda and water prices (including Perrier!), so I have added those in. I also updated the package price to $49 a day - I originally pulled it from the Princess website and didn't realize it had the 15% gratuity added in. So now none of the items have gratuity in them, which was my original intention. At least it's comparing apples to apples now!

The latest revision is attached - ongoing feedback is certainly appreciated. :D

This is great, thank-you for all your time and effort for this spreadsheet.

It will really help my husband and I decide for out Oct cruise.:D

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

Your spreadsheet is FABULOUS! I will share the link with others on my cruise next week.

Thank you!

Nancy

Rows 1 - 5 are frozen... not sure why that's not coming through when it is downloaded.

The issue it likely on my end as I'm opening it in Numbers on a MacBook Pro.

Lew

I have a question about the gratuity, I may not be understanding it correctly. I know when you buy individual drinks there's 15% gratuity added. With the package is it 15% of the $49 daily rate added, so $7.35 or 15% of all the drinks you get each day, which would be dependent on how much you consume?

I have a question about the gratuity, I may not be understanding it correctly. I know when you buy individual drinks there's 15% gratuity added. With the package is it 15% of the $49 daily rate added, so $7.35 or 15% of all the drinks you get each day, which would be dependent on how much you consume?

It's a flat 15% on the $49 - so the daily rate is actually $56.35.

Thanks for posting this. It confirmed that the package isn't worth it to us. Even with my wildest estimation of how much we could drink in a day (3 mixed drinks, 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine, a liqueur after dinner, and juice and specialty tea), it's still cheaper to buy them à la carte. We did not come close to drinking that much any day on our March cruise on the Ruby.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! I got the soda and water prices (including Perrier!), so I have added those in. I also updated the package price to $49 a day - I originally pulled it from the Princess website and didn't realize it had the 15% gratuity added in. So now none of the items have gratuity in them, which was my original intention. At least it's comparing apples to apples now!

The latest revision is attached - ongoing feedback is certainly appreciated. :D

Brilliant! Thank you! Now, go have a drink! You earned it.

OP, thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Is that really all of the wine choices? If so I may have to bring my own.

Also I don't suppose anyone knows how many ounces their wine "glass" is?

OP, thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Is that really all of the wine choices? If so I may have to bring my own.

Also I don't suppose anyone knows how many ounces their wine "glass" is?

Those are all of the wines by the glass that are on the recent bar menu - there may be more in certain venues? If I become aware of them I will certainly add them to my list. This doesn't include wines by the bottle. Those are 40% off with the beverage package.

Thanks for posting this. It confirmed that the package isn't worth it to us. Even with my wildest estimation of how much we could drink in a day (3 mixed drinks, 1 beer, 2 glasses of wine, a liqueur after dinner, and juice and specialty tea), it's still cheaper to buy them à la carte. We did not come close to drinking that much any day on our March cruise on the Ruby.

A lot of it depends on how much time you spend OFF the ship on port days. Lots of days at sea would obviously give you more time to drink at a reasonable rate. Also, the first day is less than 12 hours (embarkation day), but then you would probably load up on multiple sail-away drinks anyway. One thing not mentioned is the 40% discount on bottles of wine and champagne......which can be quite a savings if you buy a bottle each night at dinner and/or to take to your cabin to drink or a champagne bucket in the nightclub. The wine savings alone will make up most of our savings (only my spouse will buy the package as she drinks more mixed drinks than I do). I don't need to purchase the package to share the wine she purchases.

Those are all of the wines by the glass that are on the recent bar menu - there may be more in certain venues? If I become aware of them I will certainly add them to my list. This doesn't include wines by the bottle. Those are 40% off with the beverage package.

I wonder whether, if I bought the all-drink package, and bought a bottle of wine with the 40% discount, I could share the bottle with my dinner partners. And could I buy a bottle of wine to take to my room? If so, it might make the package attractive to me.

I wonder whether, if I bought the all-drink package, and bought a bottle of wine with the 40% discount, I could share the bottle with my dinner partners. And could I buy a bottle of wine to take to my room? If so, it might make the package attractive to me.

That's a great way to make the package worthwhile!

I am not sure about the table, ( I would assume you could) but you can definitely take it back to your room.:D