Diamond plus BOGO dinner

Could you also answer a related question please? If you are both D+ can you each use a coupon for different nights? We are on Explorer for 9 nights and it would be nice if we could use both.

On every cruise I've been on the answer has been yes, but I believe it is up to each individual ship (or so I've been told!)

Could you also answer a related question please? If you are both D+ can you each use a coupon for different nights? We are on Explorer for 9 nights and it would be nice if we could use both.

Depends. If the manager allows it or not. Ask the first night and see where it goes ;)

You MUST ask the manager the first night if you want to use it for a different night. The coupon must be applied the first night in their register or they can't do it period. You won't have to pay for the one meal until the night you eat but they somehow have to post the "coupon" that first night.

And as someone said, its up to the manager but since I've started doing this, I have had never been told no. I even think the verbiage changed on the coupon to must be applied the first night from must be used.

Both my wife and I have coupons. I usually make reservations (online) for one person on the nights we want to go. There has been no problem upgrading to two, so far. We normally reserve the first night and check with the reservation manager for the next reservation. No problem so far. If there is a problem we can always cancel.

We used to book one and upgrade to two. Then we started booking two. It always seems to be a problem no matter how you do it! Generally you have to ask them to credit your payment you had made back to your account and then rebill for one. It works out but it seems to annoy the staff no matter how you do it if you want to prebook. We prebook to get the time we want.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the the information. Can you share where we would find the reservation manager? We have 3 Dim+ in our party I want to make sure we use the coupons effectively.

Thank you

yes you can use your Double D's to get in.

Can we use the BOGO in Izumis? Or would it only apply to the cover charge, not ale carte items?

I don't know if this applies to all ships, but we were able to use the D+ BOGO coupon on Rhapsody at Izumi. We both ordered one of the combos, and they charged us for one. I'd ask once you get to the restaurant, just in case the policy is different.

On the Explorer on May 8 we were told "no" from our waiter that we could not come back an additional evening. Probably should have sought out the manager but the waiter said he spoke to him. In December we were allowed to use it two nights. So I guess the best answer is "it depends".

You MUST ask the manager the first night if you want to use it for a different night. The coupon must be applied the first night in their register or they can't do it period. You won't have to pay for the one meal until the night you eat but they somehow have to post the "coupon" that first night.

On the Independence, we had to pay for our second visit on the first night of the cruise -- they said that was the only way for them to post the coupon correctly. Didn't matter to us whether we were billed on day 1 or day 5 of the cruise! We are going on Legend next month and hope we can take advantage of the 2 coupons again.

Marianne

My mom is D+ and we're sailing on Freedom in August. When we sailed on Oasis in April, we did not use the BOGO on the first night, since we had the boys with us and my mom seems to like to go to the MDR on the first night.

I'd love to use it this time, but again, those pesky boys are with us. I'll have to talk to them and see if I can get them to eat somewhere else so that she and I can hit either Chops or Portofino (it hasn't changed over to Giovanni's yet has it?). While my older son would love the specialty restaurants, my younger one just doesn't get the bang for the buck.

On the Explorer on May 8 we were told "no" from our waiter that we could not come back an additional evening. Probably should have sought out the manager but the waiter said he spoke to him. In December we were allowed to use it two nights. So I guess the best answer is "it depends".

We were also told 'no' once on Explorer. I asked the man handling the reservations. I am going to try asking again though, in view of these responses.

We were also told 'no' once on Explorer. I asked the man handling the reservations. I am going to try asking again though, in view of these responses.

My understanding is that itnis at the hotel director's discretion. We have been on the same ship and had it allowed and not allowed two weeks in a row. One week hotel director allowed it. Had a change of hotel director for the next week and it was not allowed.