Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

I don't expect celebrity to respond to the growing list of "is the harvey boo boo" included in the classic drink package. If they'd like to add a representative list, which will undoubtedly miss someone's favorite drink, that's great...and it's more than we in the US every had....but I don't think it's fair to expect them to list every cocktail that's included.

You've got to wonder why Celebrity will never learn.

Dont forget those of us that dont have a package. I need to know the price I am going to be charged for any given drink

I certainly understand...but this thread is about the change in the classic package. Prior to the change, you didn't know the price and today you don't know the price...you only know if the alcohol in your drink is in the package....but that's no change. So you have a different issue...one that anyone could have and probably did raise last year. I maintain that it would be crazy for celebrity to list all drinks that are covered....there are thousands. Do you have a suggestion as to what they should post...or do you only care about your drink? How about coming up with a typical list of 20 drinks and have them say these are representative of those included. I can almost guarantee that if they do that, and that's my fallback suggestion, there will be someone posting within 10 minutes (perhaps nanoseconds) what about the "blue doo doo".

Propose a reasonable response for celebrity....who knows, maybe they'll use it.

yes, I'm sure an orange juice and vodka is included...I don't know if fresh squeezed orange juice and vodka is included and I don't know if fresh squeezed pomegranate juice and vodka is included or some drink with truffle oil and truffles floating in it is included and I'm sure there are some. At some point, you have to just use what I'll call common sense.

Edited by ghstudio

I certainly understand...but this thread is about the change in the classic package. Prior to the change, you didn't know the price and today you don't know the price...you only know if the alcohol in your drink is in the package....but that's no change. So you have a different issue...one that anyone could have and probably did raise last year. I maintain that it would be crazy for celebrity to list all drinks that are covered....there are thousands. Do you have a suggestion as to what they should post...or do you just want them to post your drink and the heck with everyone else? How about coming up with a typical list of 20 drinks and have them say these are representative of those included. I can almost guarantee that if they do that, and that's my fallback suggestion, there will be someone posting within 10 minutes (perhaps nanoseconds) what about the "blue doo doo".

Propose a reasonable response for celebrity....who knows, maybe they'll use it.

yes, I'm sure an orange juice and vodka is included...I don't know if fresh squeezed orange juice and vodka is included and I don't know if fresh squeezed pomegranate juice and vodka is included or some drink with truffle oil and truffles floating in it is included and I'm sure there are some. At some point, you have to just use what I'll call common sense.

I think the crux of the problem is that drink prices were very recently significantly raised on board, leaving out many drinks in the classic (and plenty of wines in the premium ) package.

I think people are looking for reassurances that they can still get many commonly known cocktails as part of their packages.

We upgrade to premium and so only pay the upcharge but to someone with the classic their package becomes worthless if their choice of drink has been priced out of that range.

When people first got the packages they knew what certain drinks cost and so could judge whether the package was worthwhile but with the current rise in prices (and who knows what the future holds :eek: ?) they no longer can do that.

surprised you've switched sides based on an assumption,

Because I think celebrity now realizes they have to focus more on customer satisfaction...that the increasing the bottom line is not the only target.

as for cocktails etc all they need to do is a list e.g.

classic= all cocktails with the exception of the molecular bar and martinis outwith the martini bar and the spirits,beers and wines as per list pre 1st may

How about this drink:

BLACK

TRUFFLE

COCKTAIL

BLACK TRUFFLE COCKTAIL

2 parts vodka

8 black truffles

1 part pear nectar

½ part pear brandy

1 spray truffle essence

• Infuse the vodka by inserting sliced black truffle into a bottle of vodka and allow it to sit for one week at room temperature

• Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice

• Shake well and strain into a chilled martini cocktail glass

• Add a finishing touch with a spray of truffle essence

I'm sure I can find others....Do you still think that ALL cocktails should be included??

premium= molecular and martini bar included, all drinks in the classic list + premium brands outwith the list and another list of wines

if prices rise then increase the package prices (which they did in February)

:rolleyes:

This is sort of like the US government...everyone is polarizing to one extreme or the other...how about everyone asking for celebrity to do something reasonable and rational, if you feel they need to do more. I'm okay with what they've done...I'm hopeful they'll add some representative wines and if they add some representative drinks, then I think most everyone should be OK.....except those that want to know about the cost of their individual favorite drink which I don't think you ever could find out before you got on a ship...

Edited by ghstudio

Right, Celebrity have told us the price brackets included in the promotion. (NO, I did not get a FREE drinks package, I PAID for the Premium Package because I know what I can and cannot order). We will not know until the day we sail which wines, cocktails, smoothies, beers, spirits, coffees, teas and so on and so forth will be available. Can we all just not be happy know that if a glass of wine costs $9, then the classic package covers it, if it goes over that price, then either do not drink it, or pay the cost!!! Prices fluctuate. I understand some frustration, but really???? You all want a precise detailed list of each and every single drink that celebrity may or may not have on board???? Come on guys.......Did you seriously only book your cruise based on the FREE alcohol you would get??? I chose my Ship, my itenery, my cabin and I paid for the drinks package that was right for me. IF you got the 123 complimentary package and it does not suit your needs any more, for whatever reason, then pay to upgrade. You will NOT be getting and full and concise list of each and every drink available!!! Sorry:rolleyes:

Right, Celebrity have told us the price brackets included in the promotion. (NO, I did not get a FREE drinks package, I PAID for the Premium Package because I know what I can and cannot order). We will not know until the day we sail which wines, cocktails, smoothies, beers, spirits, coffees, teas and so on and so forth will be available. Can we all just not be happy know that if a glass of wine costs $9, then the classic package covers it, if it goes over that price, then either do not drink it, or pay the cost!!! Prices fluctuate. I understand some frustration, but really???? You all want a precise detailed list of each and every single drink that celebrity may or may not have on board???? Come on guys.......Did you seriously only book your cruise based on the FREE alcohol you would get??? I chose my Ship, my itenery, my cabin and I paid for the drinks package that was right for me. IF you got the 123 complimentary package and it does not suit your needs any more, for whatever reason, then pay to upgrade. You will NOT be getting and full and concise list of each and every drink available!!! Sorry:rolleyes:

I've switched sides, but not that far :) The new list on the eclipse was a major change in offerings...eg. one scotch vs 8 previously even though those scotches have almost identical wholesale and retail costs; similar in other areas. There was clearly (at least to me) more than cost savings behind that list. The new list is pretty rational...in fact it's pretty close to the old UK list...close but not exact which is OK by me. I now have an idea of what drinks will be priced within the package and I have a choice (in some categories there was not even a choice on the eclipse list). Unless Celebrity does some major repricing (eg this was just a sham list to quiesce the complaints), I think I have a good feel for what I will get on board...not exactly, but a good feel. If I want to move to premium scotches, I understand I need to move to the premium package. For normal bar scotches, I can stay with the classic package.

Who knows, maybe I'm being a fool in believing that Celebrity has now seen the light...it won't be the first time....

BTW...cute user name :)

Edited by ghstudio

I've switched sides, but not that far :) The new list on the eclipse was a major change in offerings...eg. one scotch vs 8 previously even though those scotches have almost identical wholesale and retail costs; similar in other areas. There was clearly (at least to me) more than cost savings behind that list. The new list is pretty rational...in fact it's pretty close to the old UK list...close but not exact which is OK by me. I now have an idea of what drinks will be priced within the package and I have a choice (in some categories there was not even a choice on the eclipse list). Unless Celebrity does some major repricing (eg this was just a sham list to quiesce the complaints), I think I have a good feel for what I will get on board...not exactly, but a good feel. If I want to move to premium scotches, I understand I need to move to the premium package. For normal bar scotches, I can stay with the classic package.

Who knows, maybe I'm being a fool in believing that Celebrity has now seen the light...it won't be the first time....

lol, yeah I thought that user name would be appropriate under the circumstances. Although i did spend 6 months researching the do's and don'ts of the drinks packages, but not the brands because as long as there are drinks I will enjoy, and I could not worry about a massive bar bill at the end of it, I was a happy bunny. lol x

I could not agree more. You have echoed my sentiments exactly. Thanks

with a user name like that and statement like that you cant be for real??

we're losing the main reason this thread was started..

people paid for a product, tried to purchase product at bars and were refused.

why? because X did something illegal(in UK law)

ps, part of me hopes they only leave one choice of wine in your package (which by their policy wording can), but hey.. just be thankful

Edited by mr bluetoon
added ps

with a user name like that and statement like that you cant be for real??

we're losing the main reason this thread was started..

people paid for a product, tried to purchase product at bars and were refused.

why? because X did something illegal(in UK law)

ps, part of me hopes they only leave one choice of wine in your package (which by their policy wording can), but hey.. just be thankful

I did state that I was understanding of the frustration!! Why do people have to make snap nasty remarks when it is not needed? Am I not allowed to state that until we board, we know nothing definite??? I PAID NEARLY 700 POUND FOR MY PACKAGE. If circumstances beyond anyones control prevents me from

having the most expensive of everything, then questions will be asked and hoped answers be provided...as is the case here. IF my package was free, and the drinks I specifically wanted were no longer available, yes I would still query it, but would most likely upgrade to get what I wanted, seeing as I had not paid in the first place.

Yet again, when someone with a slightly different view opens their mouth, people turn on them. Well surprise! All I was saying is that we order what is within our limits. I have never ever booked a holiday based on the brand of alcohol offered to me FREE OF CHARGE. Sorry if i am in the minority, but I am entitled to my opinion!!!

Oh and by the way, the user name was tongue in cheek!!! So sorry you do not approve. NOT

Edited by drinkspackageexpert
forgot to end it

I did state that I was understanding of the frustration!! Why do people have to make snap nasty remarks when it is not needed? Am I not allowed to state that until we board, we know nothing definite??? I PAID NEARLY 700 POUND FOR MY PACKAGE. If circumstances beyond anyones control prevents me from

having the most expensive of everything, then questions will be asked and hoped answers be provided...as is the case here. IF my package was free, and the drinks I specifically wanted were no longer available, yes I would still query it, but would most likely upgrade to get what I wanted, seeing as I had not paid in the first place.

Yet again, when someone with a slightly different view opens their mouth, people turn on them. Well surprise! All I was saying is that we order what is within our limits. I have never ever booked a holiday based on the brand of alcohol offered to me FREE OF CHARGE. Sorry if i am in the minority, but I am entitled to my opinion!!!

Oh and by the way, the user name was tongue in cheek!!! So sorry you do not approve. NOT

Don't be thin skinned...you stated your opinion. It's your opinion. I agreed with some if it, disagreed with some.....that's called discussion and that's what this site is all about. There are two sides to everything....some aren't comfortable with that concept....and they attack rather than discuss. Don't let them get to you....

Edited by ghstudio

Don't be thin skinned...you stated your opinion. It's your opinion. I agreed with some if it, disagreed with some.....that's called discussion and that's what this site is all about.

Yeah I know but I wasn't trying to say anything horrible. And felt....well never mind. I will grow a thicker skin. EVERYONE has an opinion. And not everyone will agree with you all the time. Thank you for putting it in perspective. I will certainly learn the more I post :D

Don't grrrrr! So rude!

I have seen that many conflicting posts regarding this. Some have said yes some have said no! That's why I asking AFTER looking at the list!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The list is from celebrity cruises and it is now the official list. If it's on that list then subject to change, it's in the classic package....period. Sorry, but it's a frustrating question after celebrity posted the official list.......in order to clear up all the confusion.

Edited by ghstudio

Yes, I'm sure they're out to screw us all. :rolleyes:

I vote to change the name of the forum to Cruise Cynic. This place has become utterly toxic.

Yes. How dare we query the fact we are not getting the product we paid for. And in Australia it's $102 a day for 2 people. That's just the classic. Add an extra $23 for the premium.

I agree. The thread is quite toxic. And not made that way by the people querying their package.

Edited by Pushka

I apologise if I offended you, but I found it hard to follow your reasoning based on your own words(as highlighted)

I guess we're all different in our expectations!

as for your user name I don't mind it,, more foot in mouth than tongue in cheek!! :p

I apologise if I offended you, but I found it hard to follow your reasoning based on your own words(as highlighted)

I guess we're all different in our expectations!

as for your user name I don't mind it,, more foot in mouth than tongue in cheek!! :p

Thank you. I appreciate your apology and accept. Yes, we do all differing expectations. I do understand the concerns of people and sometimes my fingers type before can unscramble the words to write it properly, so it is understood that is. I am pretty sure that things will calm down and be sorted out, especially seeing as Celebrity has felt fit to post a list for the classic drink package holders and hope this will illimenate (excuse the spelling but it is 0109 am)some of the concerns for those people. I was not trying to undermine anyone or their opinion. :o

The list is from celebrity cruises and it is now the official list. If it's on that list then subject to change, it's in the classic package....period. Sorry, but it's a frustrating question after celebrity posted the official list.......in order to clear up all the confusion.

It may have been missed by Yellowfurbaby, BTW, Baileys is in again.:D

The new list posted by Celebrity is a major improvement to the previously revised (decimated) Classic package offered as part of their 123Go promotion (bait) and I will no longer complain as we are very light alcohol drinkers anyway

SO, now on to the recent reports of decline in quality of the smoked salmon, TWO activities persons for all of those previously fun things to do on sea days and loss of acapella singers, string quartet and band and production staff members.

Celebrity's new plan certainly looks like it is trying to race Carnival to the bottom while all the while charging a lot more for cruise fares, specialty restaurants and other amenities than their perceived rival.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers