New Oceania Regatta Review with lots of pictures, menus and dailies

MVPinBoynton

We have just published our review of our recent Summer Allure cruise to Bermuda on the Oceania Regatta. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports, we have also included on the "Menus" tab, copies of all the restaurant and bar menus; as well as many food photos . On the "Dailies" tab, there are full copies of the daily Oceania Currents for each day. The review is on our website www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

Mike, another terrific review. Your pictures are awesome and you aptly identified the pros and cons of Oceania. We were on the cruise prior to yours and overall loved the experience.

I've told you before that I stumbled onto your web site in 2007 and used it to plan several trips. We even used some of your recommended tour guides in various places around the world.

Thanks again for your marvelous web site.

Mike, another terrific review. Your pictures are awesome and you aptly identified the pros and cons of Oceania. We were on the cruise prior to yours and overall loved the experience.

I've told you before that I stumbled onto your web site in 2007 and used it to plan several trips. We even used some of your recommended tour guides in various places around the world.

Thanks again for your marvelous web site.

Thanks so much for the very nice comments. I am glad that our website has been so helpful to you.

Great review Mike. Very informative and balanced.

In all fairness the ping pong tournament you mentioned we came in 2nd & 3rd in only had 3 participants that day:o. I did win first one day but I was the only one that showed up.

I should have gone to that fort in Hamilton, sorry I missed that. I guess I didn't know about it.

Thanks for the review and the memories. Very nice meeting you and Carol.

A very thorough and fair review - thank you. Great pictures too!

It is like a trip down memory lane as O's R ships will not be the same any longer and I will probably miss it. We'll see how I feel when I cruise on one of them. :) I know I'll appreciate some of the changes (baristas, grill in Terrace café) but I am not sure about the new décor yet.

Edited by Paulchili

Great review Mike. Very informative and balanced.

In all fairness the ping pong tournament you mentioned we came in 2nd & 3rd in only had 3 participants that day:o. I did win first one day but I was the only one that showed up.

I should have gone to that fort in Hamilton, sorry I missed that. I guess I didn't know about it.

Thanks for the review and the memories. Very nice meeting you and Carol.

I didn't think the participation was that low. If I had known it I would have gone and come in 4th. :D

Holy Toledo! There's Bob and Peggy in your review. We had the pleasure of cruising with them on Oceania in 2011. Great people. It is a small world, isn't it?

I always love your reviews and photos. Thanks for sharing your first Oceania cruise with us.

We have just published our review of our recent Summer Allure cruise to Bermuda on the Oceania Regatta. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports, we have also included on the "Menus" tab, copies of all the restaurant and bar menus; as well as many food photos . On the "Dailies" tab, there are full copies of the daily Oceania Currents for each day. The review is on our website www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

I have not had a chance to look at it in detail, but it is easy to see the amount of thought and work that went into the review. Posting the attachments just puts it over the top. Just fantastic.

We are taking our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta in July and are now looking forward to it even more.

Edited by Mike2131

Thank you so much for such an in-depth and wonderful review....we are boarding Regatta on Saturday so was fun to read your review, check out the menus and look at your pictures. We can not wait to get back on her for one last trip before dry dock. We also will be sailing to Bermuda on Insignia this fall and enjoyed your insight to the island. It is on our bucket list and glad to read your experiences. Also will be fun to see the differences on Insignia after dry dock.

I'm not sure though - are these menus identical on all the Oceania ships?

Pretty much

They cycle through the same menus every so many days I think every 10 or 14 you will see the same menu again ;)

Every so often they revamp the entire menu

Edited by LHT28

Really enjoying going through the wonderful menus you've included! Thanks for doing this!

I'm not sure though - are these menus identical on all the Oceania ships?

Glad they are helping you out. The two things that I wanted to see when I was researching for my first Oceania cruise was food and activities. That is why I like to put in photos of the menus where possible along with food pics that I can take from our tables. I normally wouldn't put the full daily programs in a review; but since they were in color and looked so good, I wanted to put in the whole thing. With the smaller ships, I thought it was important for those considering O to see that there aren't a lot of activities going on. That wasn't a problem for us; but I believe that if people can see what activities are offered ahead of time, they won't set their expectations too high and be disappointed. An O cruise is just too enjoyable to be disappointed about those things. :)

Pretty much

They cycle through the same menus every so many days I think every 10 or 14 you will see the same menu again ;)

Every so often they revamp the entire menu

Sorry - I meant the specialty restaurants. For example, is the menu in Toscana on the Regatta the same menu as in Toscana on the Marina?

Hi from the Regatta thanks for the review.

We were on the STORM cruise with you. I just showed Amilcar his photo and your comment and he was thrilled.

He also remembered you both from your picture at the front of your website.

Thanks so much for the letting us know. He is special indeed.