Wine Package

VickiD59

Is this something that is selected once you're onboard? I don't mean the C&C or the UBP - what I'm looking for is the package where you select a certain number of bottles for one flat fee.

I did try to do a search before asking, but I did not see what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Vicki

Is this something that is selected once you're onboard? I don't mean the C&C or the UBP - what I'm looking for is the package where you select a certain number of bottles for one flat fee.

I did try to do a search before asking, but I did not see what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Vicki

yes, there will be a table in the atrium area when you board. Usually it is just that one afternoon, but on our repo it was available that day and the next. It is well worth the few minutes it takes to sign up.

When we boarded the Pearl a couple of weeks ago there was a table set up in the Atrium. We took our wine onboard with us and paid the $15.00 corkage fee and saved a lot of money plus we had the wine we wanted. We ended up not consuming 2 bottle so on the last night we went down to the Pursers desk and got reimbursed $30.00.

When we boarded the Pearl a couple of weeks ago there was a table set up in the Atrium. We took our wine onboard with us and paid the $15.00 corkage fee and saved a lot of money plus we had the wine we wanted. We ended up not consuming 2 bottle so on the last night we went down to the Pursers desk and got reimbursed $30.00.

LOL !!!!! LOL AGAIN !!!!

Wine left over - never happen to us.

As to the original poster, you can go to that table, or ask at most bars and they will set you up

(this is separate than the corkage fee, which is paid for bottles YOU bring aboard and is paid at the gangway)

Can you bring your own wine on all boats now??

Yes, you can bring your own wine to all NCL ships by paying a $15 (higher for larger bottles) corkage fee for each bottle - regardless of where you will be consuming it.

Curious - is the wine package something where you select bottles from NCL's list at a discount ? We are doing Mediterranean in Sept and I cant understand why the list is so heavy with low-end Californias at bloated prices, when there are so many great wines available in all ports.

If we pick up wine in port do we really get hit with "corkage" fees?

should put this in a PDF but....

Provided by CC Member Alliezona09 - much appreciated.

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories

plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders.

Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT

for certain ports or itineraries

Apparently there may have been some changes to this list but it's what we purchased in December so.... some things changes... some things stay the same.

The wine package is called Viva Vino. If you do a search for that then you should find details of the package. It is great value compared to buying by the glass, or individual bottles.

Yes, you will have to pay corkage if you bring wind on board. There is often a table set up when you come back onboard, although it has been reported here that occasionally they don't allow you to pay corkage but put the wine in storage until the end of the cruise. I have never seen that happen, but it seems to be possible.

should put this in a PDF but....

Provided by CC Member Alliezona09 - much appreciated.

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories

plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders.

Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT

for certain ports or itineraries

Apparently there may have been some changes to this list but it's what we purchased in December so.... some things changes... some things stay the same.

October will be our first cruise with NCL - can I count on the wine package being available, or is it "hit or miss"?

Ooops - one more question - is wine held in the Dining Room or delivered to you stateroom.

Thanks

Which wine?

If you buy the package, you just order a bottle at the bar/rest when you need it.

If you are doing carry on/corkage, you take it to your room.

October will be our first cruise with NCL - can I count on the wine package being available, or is it "hit or miss"?

You can count on purchasing a package once boarding.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

NCL SUN July 2013 SB Alaska inside passage - - -

The Viva Vino package was available at two locations -

1 in the Atrium just around the corner from the Registration/Pursers Deck

and the other was on the Lido Deck near the swimming pool.

Damn good buy for the convenience - it was so good we went back and

bought another round and it was a good thing we did or we would have run

out in mid cruise and then had to buy the package by the individual bottle at

increased expense.

Compared to bringing your own wine and paying the corkage fee this was

a great deal. No lugging the bottle(s) around during check-in and of course

the ritual stop to pay the corkage then lugging it around til you stateroom

was available - later lugging it around to the restaurant for that service.

Lugging it back to the cabin if there was some left for the next meal.

Another nice feature - you select a wine that somehow just doesn't agree

with your tastes - all the uncorked bottles are exchangeable for something

else.

Whatever restaurant you go to a very short while after you are seated and

indicated to the waiter what you wanted to drink the wine bottles in your name

were promptly served with the whites chilled and the reds at cellar temperature.

Considering that the specialty restaurants and the MDR are some 7 decks

apart made no difference in the promptness of the wine service. Bravo !

Viva Vino - way to go !

Ooops - one more question - is wine held in the Dining Room or delivered to you stateroom.

Thanks

The wines are held in a central area varies by ship - but if you are dining in

the MDR or topside in a specialty restaurant it will be serve very quickly upon

giving the waiter the little white Viva Vino paper slip with your wine selection.

Any remaining wine will be taken back to the central holding area and made

available at your next meal most anywhere on the ship.

If you wish the wines (all or some) can be delivered to your cabin - ask for

the viva vino people how this is done may vary by ship - might be done through

a butler in a suite or your cabin steward - ask ?s for answers ALSO REMEMBER THE CORK SCREW !

Thanks to Keith Jenner & All Ready2Cruise - great info. Keith, we will be on Epic - Med 9/28 - if this works out I'll pour you a glass.

If you are boarding at Barcelona there is a duty free shop at the terminal after security. It is more expensive than some of the shops in the city, but you don't have to carry the wine far. As an added bonus, they sometimes don't scan your bags when you go on the ship there (although in my experience they seem more likely to be scanning on the Epic than other ships). The only problem with that is that you can't take the wine to dining rooms if you haven't paid the corkage.

I always walk on with a couple of bottles expecting to pay the corkage, but if nobody asks then it's a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you bring your own wine on all boats now??

Hannah

you always have been able to, but you pay a $15 corkage fee when you board the ship, regardless as to where you drink your wine. We used to do this all the time, now, with the wine package we no longer bother bringing it on. When you figure $15 per bottle, the extra weight, the bother, etc. we will just continue to get the package. As for reimbursing the $15 a bottle, good for NCL, but we always find a way to drink every drop we can.

We are not wine drinkers and have no clue about wine so we started to investigate if this plan was worth it and this is what we did and learned:

We did our own wine tasting.

1. Took the list to Total Wines.

2. Asked for their recommendations.

a. They said the wines in group 1 were $5 to $6 wines.

b. So we decided to pick from the middle group.

c. We bought the Greisling and Avalon.

d. Decided to go with the Avalon. Which there were two of the same one from Sanoma $8.99 and one from Napa $16.99. We bought the Napa and we enjoyed it.

Got to the ship and when we looked at the list, they changed the list on us. They said it happens based on availability. So, we asked one of the employees selling the wine and he said to talk to this other fellow that new more about wines. He said that they have their own proprietary wine (North and South) that was a very good wine and was the best choice. He gave us a small sample and it was alright. Obviously this wine was from the premium group but the gentleman seemed sincere so we went for it.

Very convenient to order. Throughout the week we ordered our bottles from the MDR, lounges, the theater, Illusionarium, etc. Also, they had these self serve wine vending machines and they had the Avalon from Napa which was our preference but not in the package.

Conclusion, most wines in the package are inflated by 15-20 dollars which is the corkage fee so unless you drink a certain wine or want to bring a premium wine it makes sense to purchase the package for convenience.

My original question was to give information to the wine drinkers in our group - previous cruises (not NCL) each passenger 21 and over was able to carry on (2) bottles of wine with no corkage fee. Technically, if the wine was brought to the MDR and uncorked there, they could've charged a 10.00 (at the time) corkage fee, but we never had that happen.

The NCL price list is inflated compared to local shelf prices, but it does save the lugging of bottles, plus the additional 15.00 fee. I personally wouldn't bother, and I'd just buy a bottle at a time for dinner if I was so inclined - I think the Viva Vino package is the way to go for them for sure. I'm all for less hassle and lugging :rolleyes:

This being our first cruise with NCL can anyone please tell me help me with a few questions I have....

Do all the wines have to be the same, or can you mix and match?

Can you request your wine anywhere on the ship?

Are the packages only available on the first day, or throughout the cruise?

Thank you!

We are not wine drinkers and have no clue about wine so we started to investigate if this plan was worth it and this is what we did and learned:

We did our own wine tasting.

1. Took the list to Total Wines.

2. Asked for their recommendations.

a. They said the wines in group 1 were $5 to $6 wines.

b. So we decided to pick from the middle group.

c. We bought the Greisling and Avalon.

d. Decided to go with the Avalon. Which there were two of the same one from Sanoma $8.99 and one from Napa $16.99. We bought the Napa and we enjoyed it.

Got to the ship and when we looked at the list, they changed the list on us. They said it happens based on availability. So, we asked one of the employees selling the wine and he said to talk to this other fellow that new more about wines. He said that they have their own proprietary wine (North and South) that was a very good wine and was the best choice. He gave us a small sample and it was alright. Obviously this wine was from the premium group but the gentleman seemed sincere so we went for it.

Very convenient to order. Throughout the week we ordered our bottles from the MDR, lounges, the theater, Illusionarium, etc. Also, they had these self serve wine vending machines and they had the Avalon from Napa which was our preference but not in the package.

Conclusion, most wines in the package are inflated by 15-20 dollars which is the corkage fee so unless you drink a certain wine or want to bring a premium wine it makes sense to purchase the package for convenience.

the price per bottle probably varies depending on where you live: you say $5 to $6 a bottle, a couple of the wines we are accustom to here that are among the cheapest group on NCL are closer to $8 to $9 a bottle. We were going to go with the middle of the road group, like you did, but we love Malbec and the only group that has a Malbec was the budget group. I agree, the convenience alone make it worth the price, plus, even if you are bringing on $7.00 a bottle wine, by the time you add $15 you are breaking even pretty much.

This being our first cruise with NCL can anyone please tell me help me with a few questions I have....

Do all the wines have to be the same, or can you mix and match?

Can you request your wine anywhere on the ship?

Are the packages only available on the first day, or throughout the cruise?

Thank you!

our experience has been it is only available or advertised the first day or so. Yes, you can select a variety of wines from a single group, but you can't take one bottle from the budget group, one from another and then another. All bottles need to be from the same category.