Do you intentionally leave things behind on the ship?

Have left coupon books behind. Figure the next person might be able to use them. Usually put them in the bottom drawer towards the back. Of course now with the coupons on your card that isn't going to help anyone out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I sailed on Carnival I would always check the Bible when I got on the ship. People used to leave unused drink tickets in them. We put tip money for room service in the Bible so it is easy to grab in the morning instead of falling out of bed and trying to open the safe while grabbing a robe and answering the door! So maybe I have left money in the Bible before?

Tricia

I take my books and magazines to the library and also tuck our unused coupons in the drawer.

Last cruise our room steward gave us 4 RC cocktail glasses that had been left in the cabin next door.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have left behind articles of clothing or shoes that maybe someone could get some wear out of yet, but I no longer wanted and didn't want to pack again. I figured the stateroom attendant could either keep, pass along, or toss.

They time we've left things behind, we've let the cabin attendant know that we were leaving it behind on purpose. That way he can either take it or toss it as he'd like. I've heard that if you just leave it behind, the attendant has to give it to lost and found.

I'm a bookcrosser, so I always leave books on the book exchange shelf in the library. If it's a port that I drive to, then I bring a bagful of all the paperbacks that I've read since my previous cruise to "release" in the ship's library.

Books, magazines, and games ...yes.

Mouthwash, shoes...are you kidding me??? That's almost as gross as leaving my leftovers from Chops for my cabin attendant to have for lunch. Sorry, but would You use an opened mouthwash or used pair of shoes? I am sure that the intention behind it is positive but really?

I usually put my old sneakers in the lost and found bin by the end of the cruise..........they are always gone the next morning.

Saves me luggage space, and someone must like a broken in pair of shoes.

Sea Ya

I try not to leave things behind, but on my last cruise on Celebrity, I went to store my empty suitcase under the bed and I found 2 boxes of unused condoms under the bed...true story. I didn't know how to "dispose" of them. Really didn't want to leave them in the trash for the room steward to find them.

They time we've left things behind, we've let the cabin attendant know that we were leaving it behind on purpose. That way he can either take it or toss it as he'd like. I've heard that if you just leave it behind, the attendant has to give it to lost and found.

I think they toss it. Or something....we left medication behind in our cabin. Obviously not on purpose. I know exactly where it was, what it was and what the bag it was in looked like but it never turned up at lost and found. Since it was prescription, I obviously wanted it back.

Books, magazines, and games ...yes.

Mouthwash, shoes...are you kidding me??? That's almost as gross as leaving my leftovers from Chops for my cabin attendant to have for lunch. Sorry, but would You use an opened mouthwash or used pair of shoes? I am sure that the intention behind it is positive but really?

I agree Mouthwash would be a no no to pass on.

However used shoes would be very useful and appreciated for a lot of people. Look at all the thrift and second hand stores with used shoes in them. Just spray some Lysol and you have a pair of happy feet at a bargain price to boot:eek:

We have left our leftover pepsi and bottled water that we brought on board.

No need to carry them back with us on the plane.

We do this also as well as any remaining wine and snacks. We left an entire cake this past December. :(

I have left extra soda or books/magazines I don't want ,but anything else gets packed or thrown out. I don't waste my luggage space on anything I don't want to take back.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I try not to leave things behind, but on my last cruise on Celebrity, I went to store my empty suitcase under the bed and I found 2 boxes of unused condoms under the bed...true story. I didn't know how to "dispose" of them. Really didn't want to leave them in the trash for the room steward to find them.

At least yours were UNUSED! We found some USED ones under the bed along with some USED depends ... true story.

Seems unlikely the same person would have been using both. :rolleyes:

Who know how long it had been since the room steward had cleaned under that bed. It was a totally mess under there. :eek:

LuLu

I have left a note and a dollar for good luck in my safe for the next guest! Always wondered if the cabin steward left it there? I have left un opened snack and magazines

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At least yours were UNUSED! We found some USED ones under the bed along with some USED depends ... true story.

Seems unlikely the same person would have been using both. :rolleyes:

Who know how long it had been since the room steward had cleaned under that bed. It was a totally mess under there. :eek:

LuLu

That's just disgusting! Whoever left that there are PIGS!