Looking to splurg a bit on a cabin on NCL Star. Suggestions.

nklpikl

Hello experts!

We are looking at taking a cruise on NCL Star. It will be our last one before my daughter goes away to college, so we might splurge a bit.We are very use to interiors, so I want to make sure I feel like I am getting my money worth.

There are 5 of us. We can do one cabin such as the

1) Family suite

2) 2 Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony

3) Deluxe Owners Suite.

Or we could do two cabins

4) Aft Balcony with the interior across

5) 2 standard balconies

If you had to choose what would you do an why?

Edited by nklpikl

I loved the family suite, but we just had 2 in the stateroom. I'm not sure how 5 people would share the bathroom, even if there are 2 sinks. Most of the family suites don't have balconies.

I would suggest the 2 bedroom family suite with balcony. 2 separate bathrooms and a balcony.

Hello experts!

We are looking at taking a cruise on NCL Star. ...

There are 5 of us. ...

Need more information. Ages/relations of the 5 people.

Not knowing enough I would probably lean towards 2 balconies.

Assume you have looked at the pricing as that can alot to do with final decisions.

Need more information. Ages/relations of the 5 people.

Not knowing enough I would probably lean towards 2 balconies.

Assume you have looked at the pricing as that can alot to do with final decisions.

Myself, hubby, 3 girls they will be 18, 16, 13

DOS - you will have two bathrooms and two bedrooms although the one is basically like an interior cabin inside the main room. No balcony and realize it is the inner two DOS if you see pictures. There are videos on youtube.

I would go with whichever of the suites that fit within your budget. We are also a family of 5. Our last cruise we did two connecting balcony cabins. Having the extra bathroom was nice. However, on our upcoming cruise we are in a family suite with a balcony. It was cheaper than getting two cabins and we get the suite perks.

We're in the DOS next April. We have a toddler, so didn't want a balcony, but it's a significant thing to give up.

The various YouTube cabin tours are super helpful and you can review them as a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Seems like it is all over the place. I absolutely love the owners suite. But am not sure about that kind of money and not having a balcony. Thanks everyone

We just had 5 in a 2 bedroom family suite on the Dawn, and I would highly recommend. We had me, DH a 16 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl who shared the kids bedroom with the boy on the fold out full and his sister on the Pullman, and the two year old shared the master with us. The suite perks are absolutely great, and so very worth it. The two bedroom has two bathrooms. There's Also a couch that can be made up into a bed in the living room if two of your girls don't want to share the full size in the kids room and everyone wants more privacy, my older kids chose to share the bedroom since they just used it to sleep and that way there was always someplace to just hang out in the living room. The extra space was fantastic, the master bath was wonderful, and you really get spoiled in the suites with treats every day, Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, concierge service with priority embarkation and debarkation, restaurant meals served en suite etc, etc, etc. I've sailed insides, outsides and balconies and will again, but if you can do the 2 bedroom suite for about the same as two balconies, I would do that again in a heartbeat, it was that much better an experience. I would ensure you have two bathrooms no matter what though ;) Enjoy whatever you choose!

Sent from my iPad using Forums