Meet & mingle

Montauklady

Does carnival Cruise lines participate in Meet & Mingle as I saw no listing for them under Community/Meet & Mingle

Not much, if at all. I think it depends largely on when you have the Meet & Greet. You can extend an invitation to whichever staff members you'd like to stop by, but whether or not they accept will depend on their availability. If you're a past guest, and you attend the past guest party, you'll have a greater chance of meeting staff members there.

Carnival no longer has a past guest party. Now it is only for Gold, Platinum and Diamond guests. The Diamond members are recognized and drinks are free with snacks. You get an invitation in your cabin one or two days before. The officers are introduced, then the captain, then the Diamonds. Diamonds usually go to the stage with the officers and captain and two pictures are taken. One is formal then a 'CRAZY' one. Diamonds get free copies of these pictures.

Then there is something special just for Diamonds. This has been just with the captain if only one or two of us, breakfast with the captain, or on our last cruise there were 40 Diamonds so we met with the captain and officers in the piano bar for drinks.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Carnival no longer has a past guest party.

I think the OP may have been referring to the Meet & Mingle associated with the Roll Calls with each cruise similar, for instance, as with the RCI Roll Call Meet & Mingles?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I think the OP may have been referring to the Meet & Mingle associated with the Roll Calls with each cruise similar, for instance, as with the RCI Roll Call Meet & Mingles?

Yes exactly thanks. I have sailed on RCCL & NCL numerous times and attended CRUISE CRITIC Meet & Mingle, Nothing to do with past guest events. when I click on Community/ M&M I see no listing for Carnival. Leads me to think they do not participate.

Janet :confused::confused::confused:

Carnival Roll Calls set up their own thing. Usually around sailaway and/or the first sea day. Some roll calls will have a cocktail party.

Nothing official from the cruiseline though.

I have seen Carnival's Meet & Greets in a lounge with the bar open. The CD provided some things for it. These were Carnival things for a grab bag but don't remember exactly what they were- I didn't get anything! It was 2pm, 1st day at sea.

I have seen Carnival's Meet & Greets in a lounge with the bar open. The CD provided some things for it. These were Carnival things for a grab bag but don't remember exactly what they were- I didn't get anything! It was 2pm, 1st day at sea.

thanks Bonnie

:) I just find it odd that CCL is not listed in the meet & mingle section to sign up on Cruise critic :confused:

Cruise Critic has agreements with a few lines for organizing a get together. On Princess the Meet & Greet is organized by people on the Roll Call. We have phone numbers, emails, etc for the people to contact for each Princess ship. The organizer usually sends invites to some of the officers. There are usually a few officers who attend, but it depends on their schedule. There is usually a No Host Bar (we each pay for our own drink).

Meet and Mingle is a RCI thing. Join your roll call and most people host a get together.

Actually, on Royal and Celebrity, you sign up for the Meet & Mingle (or Connections Party) on Cruise Critic. Once the requisite number of participants is reached (usually 25) -- the ship hosts the party. All registered participants should receive an invitation in their cabins. Now, in addition to that, many roll calls have "unofficial" sail-away" parties, at a bar/lounge agreed on by the roll-call participants. :cool:

(NB: the exception is cruises under seven days in duration -- no ship-sponsored CC party on those.)

Edited by wwcruisers

Cruise Critic has agreements with a few lines for organizing a get together. On Princess the Meet & Greet is organized by people on the Roll Call. We have phone numbers, emails, etc for the people to contact for each Princess ship. The organizer usually sends invites to some of the officers. There are usually a few officers who attend, but it depends on their schedule. There is usually a No Host Bar (we each pay for our own drink).

Thanks for the info.

I have organized M&M for an NCL cruise and contacted the line , RCCL has a direct link but not sure if I will get involved with this on Carnival. Depends how active the roll call is Thanks again

Actually, on Royal and Celebrity, you sign up for the Meet & Mingle (or Connections Party) on Cruise Critic. Once the requisite number of participants is reached (usually 25) -- the ship hosts the party. All registered participants should receive an invitation in their cabins. Now, in addition to that, many roll calls have "unofficial" sail-away" parties, at a bar/lounge agreed on by the roll-call participants. :cool:

(NB: the exception is cruises under seven days in duration -- no ship-sponsored CC party on those.)

Thanks for the info I have actually organized M&M on NCL cruises and attended on RCCL I was just wondering what Carnival does...it seem NOTHING is the answer lol :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the info I have actually organized M&M on NCL cruises and attended on RCCL I was just wondering what Carnival does...it seem NOTHING is the answer lol :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can at least organize an unofficial party, through your roll-call. Sail-away, at one of the bars usually is a good ice-breaker. You can either have someone bring a roll of name-tags, or just decide on something to wear, so you'll recognize each other (mardi-grass beads, flower leis, feather boas, etc). I've found that those can be more fun than the organized M&M's.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can at least organize an unofficial party, through your roll-call. Sail-away, at one of the bars usually is a good ice-breaker. You can either have someone bring a roll of name-tags, or just decide on something to wear, so you'll recognize each other (mardi-grass beads, flower leis, feather boas, etc). I've found that those can be more fun than the organized M&M's.

Sound like a fun idea I like it Thanks :):):)

Carnival's Meet & Greets are usually organized by someone or a group from the roll call. They pick the time and place to meet. If its early enough the cruise director or hotel manager is contacted if they want to use a lounge. If lounge is used a 'private party' sign is posted outside the meet & greet. I have seen the place & time posted in the Fun Times which is written by the CD.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Carnival's Meet & Greets are usually organized by someone or a group from the roll call. They pick the time and place to meet. If its early enough the cruise director or hotel manager is contacted if they want to use a lounge. If lounge is used a 'private party' sign is posted outside the meet & greet. I have seen the place & time posted in the Fun Times which is written by the CD.

Thanks again Bonnie.

I see old cruise lines on your list. I sailed on Home Lines and Premier when they were around ;).

Also see you are from NC on the coast. We are from Charleston area. Our sailing is on Carnival Fantasy out of CHS in December...old ship having old rock group REO Speedwagon do a live show so thought we'd take the cruise :D

We had a Meet and Mingle on our last Carnival cruise. Carnival did provide a bar tender and John H provided 3 ships on a stick and two bottles of champagne but that was it. Someone invited the CD to drop in but he never showed, of course we didn't expect him too.

We had a great time with a great turn out, over 100 people. With all the cruises I've been on and all the Meet and Mingles I've attended this was the best.

ConqueestMeetandMingle_zps206c61e2.jpg

That's me, front and center waving. And my sister is to my left in the blue shirt.

We had a Meet and Mingle on our last Carnival cruise. Carnival did provide a bar tender and John H provided 3 ships on a stick and two bottles of champagne but that was it. Someone invited the CD to drop in but he never showed, of course we didn't expect him too.

We had a great time with a great turn out, over 100 people. With all the cruises I've been on and all the Meet and Mingles I've attended this was the best.

ConqueestMeetandMingle_zps206c61e2.jpg

That's me, front and center waving. And my sister is to my left in the blue shirt.

Looks like a great group. Thanks. Do you know who or how to contact CCL if I decide to persue this. for NCL I would e-mail groupevents @name of ship. Think it is the same for CCL ? And what is a ship on a stick LOL :D:eek::rolleyes:

Are you from Montauk, LI? I ask because it has been quite a while since I've been to Montauk but met my husband there. His family had a summer home in Quogue and mine in Quiogue. My grand father started going to Westhampton Beach in 1892- 4 days by stagecoach. I also went to the Cathedral School in Garden city. But haven't been back there since the late 80's when we sold husband's family home in Quogue.

Are you from Montauk, LI? I ask because it has been quite a while since I've been to Montauk but met my husband there. His family had a summer home in Quogue and mine in Quiogue. My grand father started going to Westhampton Beach in 1892- 4 days by stagecoach. I also went to the Cathedral School in Garden city. But haven't been back there since the late 80's when we sold husband's family home in Quogue.

Ah We are from Long Island..Lived in Port Jefferson & Patchogue most of my life. Montauk is my favorite place. Used to spend lots of time there no matter what the season. Thought that would be a good screen name/logon for me. It is a small world. Where in NC are you. We are gong to Myrtle beach for a few days and like to go to the Brentwood restaurant in Little River.

I had the same question as you did. Every line except Carnival seems to have Meet and Mingles. I always enjoy the ones on NCL which I believe are generally done on the first day at sea. The ship provides coffee and cake and some of the ship's officers show up. I too noticed that Carnival is not represented on the M+M section of this web site. I guess they just don't do it.

We are from rural New Jersey that most don't know exists. We had wild turkey and deer in our yard, our son had a trap line and in 1992, when we sold our house, the new owner's dog was attacked by a bear in our old yard!

We now live just outside a small town, Swansboro and love living here. It takes maybe 10 minutes to get to the ocean. We're sort of between Camp LeJeune & Cherry Point which most marines know. We are about 4 1/2 hours from Charleston so cruise on the fantasy a lot. We get there via 17 all the way!