Private Ice time

Hello: Does anyone know if you can rent the ice arena on Allure and how much it costs? Who would I contact about this? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks! Cathy

If anyone could help I would imagine it may be the staff that the handle large groups that reserve different venues on the ship.

1-800-529-6916

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/event-venues.aspx

I know that they can book venues including the ice rink but have no idea how large of a group you need to be able to do this or if there would be a charge or not but it would be worth a phone call.

Hello: Does anyone know if you can rent the ice arena on Allure and how much it costs? Who would I contact about this? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks! Cathy

Probably not likely and if so probably not cost effective for one individual. When not being used for Ice Shows, Ice show practice and free time skating the ice is covered over with floor boards so that the rink can be used for other ship board activities .

Edited by xxoocruiser

If by any chance you are inquiring about renting the ice for a competitive figure skater, forget it. The ice surface is small and would not accommodate the space requirements of a typical short or long program.

There is also the problem of the ice surface moving so that landing a jump is tricky (and there isn't much room to have the momentum to carry into a jump unless you try skating around the ice perimeter several times).

The ice itself isn't good figure skating ice.

My daughter was a competitive figure skater and was fascinated by the idea of skating at sea. We bought her ice skates with us and she did go to one session that was suppose to be for advanced skaters with their own skates. However, the only criteria turned out to having one's own skates. Unfortunately, that meant the kiddy hockey players were out there bombing around and running into people.

Before anyone makes a statement that the ice must be good for ice skating, I can assure you that there are many gimmicks in the show or other flashy moves to mask the face that very little high level skating is going on (One of my daughter's friends has both skated in shows and choreographed numbers for RCCL).

Our "West Coast Swing Champions At Sea" group does Liberty of the Seas every December. Depending upon the date/time we have several locations reserved for our private group throughout the ship each day and evening. We have the VERY LARGE Ice Skating Rink for 2 evenings this upcoming December. ABSOLUTELY love it - large area so that the entire group can be on the floor at 1 time versus having the limit the number of dancers on the floor when we have other venues (i.e. we have the solarium area, the various clubs and even the Theater - again time and day dependent). As there are other groups also on the ship I know that it is a scheduling/coordination issue for RCI. I also know it is EXPENSIVE to rent the entire area

If you go to FB and type in the name of our group (West Coast Swing Champions At Sea) you will see photos taken at various venues around Liberty. :)

I don't know if you can rent the arena for yourselves or a group, but to skate, it's free. You only pay for the skate rental.

Has anyone else had to pay to rent skates? The few times I've skated, there was no charge for skates or skating.

M