Grand suite or Royal Family Suite

Family suite actually works out cheaper with 5 ppl. One of them my son who will only be 2 and sleeping in a crib. And Grand parents in 2nd bedroom. Or just the 3 of us in a Grand suite.

And it's a 10 night sailing

Edited by charluch

I'd prefer the two staterooms for more privacy and an open layout. I don't know what ship you are on, but I've seen a few of the RFS staterooms and they seem a bit tight to me. However, if you would really enjoy the larger balcony that a true aft stateroom affords, then that might offset the less open layout of the RFS.

Thanks Bob !!!

and the ship is the Grandeur

If they had a Jr. or even a normal balcony that conected to a GS it wouldn't even be a thought. It's the ease of accessability for a baby sitter.

2nd thought that my boy will still be in diapers so no pool for him :( and I poss could set a small blow up pool on balcony :eek:

I guess it depends on how much together time you want. The balcony on the RFS is big enough so everyone can enjoy it together and there's a dining table if you want to have any meals in the suite. Also, if the parents want to do any babysitting, being all in the same suite makes it very convenient. Bathrooms are not as luxurious but I personally don't find that an issue.

Thanks All !!!

The suite perks for my In-laws is not a necessity and I did notice the bathroom diff. but I think I can give that up for the baby sitting :D

IMO I think it's silly that the only thing a GS conects to is a Owners suite. There are two Jr's ( if available) that connect but the we ALL loose suite perks and I like them.

We have been in an OS, GS, Jr and an RFS

Last year we had a RFS on the Liberty (there were 3 of us) and it is our favorite. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms--spoiled us.

It was aft tho and a long walk to the elevator

Had a RFS on Enchantment and on Freedom. Different layouts in both. I'm sure the one on Enchantment would have matched GOS before the fire, maybe still does. Loved the extra balcony space (aft) and had plenty of seating in the living room. 3 TV's and DVD player for movies we brought along. Downfall, had to unplug TV in 2nd bedroom to set up baby monitor. Two bathrooms and 3 rooms definite plus. We also had two sliders into balcony area. One was from the master bedroom. We also had the largest balcony on the ship (aft FRS only). Dining outside for breakfast was great. We also ordered room service, off of the MDR menu, for lunch once. Can eat dinner on balcony if baby is fussy and order off MDR menu. The table is made for 4 but can fit 5.

We did not like the RFS. Two bathrooms is great, but there is nowhere comfortable to sit. There is only one uncomfortable sofa and the dining table chairs. Not exactly relaxing!

Was this on the Grandeur ? And before or after the fire ?

Just curious as to why the rooms must be connecting as opposed to one beside the other. Extra keys can be made at guest services if your worried about access to the cabin. This would open up a lot of different possibilities.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The corner aft RFS on the Grandeur does not have a dining table in the living area. There is a small round table that can fit five chairs out on the huge balcony where you can have a meal. There is a sofa and two side chairs in the living area. We stayed in one of those corner aft RFS on Grandeur in March of this year.

We have stayed in that room a few times and love it. Neither of the bedrooms are very big but were fine for us.

Just curious as to why the rooms must be connecting as opposed to one beside the other. Extra keys can be made at guest services if your worried about access to the cabin. This would open up a lot of different possibilities.

They don't have to connect ! That was more for convenience ! But a GS and a D1 is more then RFS for 5 and all get perks then versus 3.

The corner aft RFS on the Grandeur does not have a dining table in the living area. There is a small round table that can fit five chairs out on the huge balcony where you can have a meal. There is a sofa and two side chairs in the living area. We stayed in one of those corner aft RFS on Grandeur in March of this year.

We have stayed in that room a few times and love it. Neither of the bedrooms are very big but were fine for us.

Would you say they are at least the size of a balcony minus couch area?

Thanks All !!!

The suite perks for my In-laws is not a necessity and I did notice the bathroom diff. but I think I can give that up for the baby sitting :D

IMO I think it's silly that the only thing a GS conects to is a Owners suite. There are two Jr's ( if available) that connect but the we ALL loose suite perks and I like them.

Which did you choose? If you go with the GS and a non-suite room, put your FIL in the GS with you on the booking. Put your MIL in the nonsuite room with the baby. Then at least your FIL can go in for a drink or coffee. Plus you will have 1 senior in each room in case you see a senior discount later on.

Sorry but this wouldn't even be a question I would need advice on...with the particulars of your group go with the RFS..have been in several of them including the Vision class (both deck 8's) and they have always worked out well...our favorites so far though have been those great ones on the Freedom class ships...you can't beat those large aft balcony's...hopefully you'll get a chance to try those someday. :)

I agree that GS is more luxurious, but the RFS is more spacious and you can do much more on the balcony. Our friends had twin babies and set up large pack and play during the day. It is also nice to enjoy dinner on the balcony with a nice table cloth in the RFS. You can order off the MDR menu from both suites, but there is no table in the GS. We have been fortunate to enjoy both on the Voyager class.

And I agree with the other posters that everyone can enjoy the CL with the RFS. Good luck on your decision :)

Would you say they are at least the size of a balcony minus couch area?

Do you mean are the bedrooms as big as a JS room without the couch? These bedrooms are not as large as a JS or D1 regular balcony room without the couch.

The living area is very nice and big but the bedrooms, especially the bedroom that opens off of the hallway entrance, are small. The master bedroom is a little larger than the other bedroom but there is a dressing table with mirror in there that takes up extra room. I'm not sure you would have room to set a crib up in there. Actually since there is not a dressing table in the other bedroom there is more room in there so maybe a crib would fit.

If you use the search feature here on Cruise Critic and you might be able to find some pics of the room and bedrooms.

Do you mean are the bedrooms as big as a JS room without the couch? These bedrooms are not as large as a JS or D1 regular balcony room without the couch.

The living area is very nice and big but the bedrooms, especially the bedroom that opens off of the hallway entrance, are small. The master bedroom is a little larger than the other bedroom but there is a dressing table with mirror in there that takes up extra room. I'm not sure you would have room to set a crib up in there. Actually since there is not a dressing table in the other bedroom there is more room in there so maybe a crib would fit.

If you use the search feature here on Cruise Critic and you might be able to find some pics of the room and bedrooms.

I was actually talking D1 but you answered that Ty !

There was a post above by Marcci22 that was very creative with spliting up the in-laws and recieving there senior discount each room if we did the two.

I'm afraid it's going to be tight in the RFS not so much living room area but the bedrooms !

The bedrooms are fine if there are two adults in each room. Fitting a crib in either one might be a problem. Plenty of room in the living area and out on the huge balcony.

We love the room but have never stayed in there with any children.

Also it is a long walk back to this room. Don't know if any of you have any mobility problems but if either of the grandparents do it is a long walk. I liked it since I figured out I could eat two desserts at dinner and walk it off later:D.

Have a great cruise!