Breakaway late night snacks

Mz11378

We will be on the breakaway in September - have been on many NCL cruises but never on this ship - usually on any cruise ships the late night food is not that good - could anybody tell me how you found O'Sheehan's

thank you in advance - oh also for that matter how you found fat cats and the music - love blues and guitar

Loved Fat Cats :) Saw Slam Allen once--really good, but I had heard that he was off the ship, don't know if it was his vacation or permanent. Saw someone different once, also very good. Nice atmosphere. We're sailing in June; I'll post again after we get back.

The only thing I don't understand are the hard wooden chairs :eek: I don't get that!

We tend not to eat late at night, but we've been to O'Sheehans during the day & for tea at night. Everyone seemed happy, at both times!

Edited by lellie

We enjoyed O'Sheehan's menu .

They have this great looking ice cream sundae menu :eek: , we waited for the last night to indulge in gigantic sundae....to be turned away because they do not offer the ice cream bar on the late night menu ( think past 10:30 )...so I guess we will have to cruise again ;)

I found the late night buffet at the Garden Cafe to be good. We had a few meals with cast members form the production shows...they seem to hang there after their last performance.

Have fun !

We enjoyed O'Sheehan's menu .

They have this great looking ice cream sundae menu :eek: , we waited for the last night to indulge in gigantic sundae....to be turned away because they do not offer the ice cream bar on the late night menu ( think past 10:30 )...so I guess we will have to cruise again ;)

I found the late night buffet at the Garden Cafe to be good. We had a few meals with cast members form the production shows...they seem to hang there after their last performance.

Have fun !

You didn't miss anything by not being able to buy the sundae. It was the same ice cream you get free in the MDR or buffet with chocolate syrup (not hot fudge like they say). Many other better things to spend money and calories on lol.

You didn't miss anything by not being able to buy the sundae. It was the same ice cream you get free in the MDR or buffet with chocolate syrup (not hot fudge like they say). Many other better things to spend money and calories on lol.

This comforts me a little :)

But if O'Sheehan's is deployed on the Dawn before my October cruise....I might HAVE to try it ;)

Thank you for your concern :D

Can't wait to sail again !

Just curious... I haven't ever actually made it to the late night Garden Cafe for snacks - I've usually just went to Blue Lagoon.

What kind of late night snacks do they offer in the Buffet area?

Buffet has soft serve ice cream and then, if I remember correctly (it's been almost a year), there were finger sandwiches, and at least one entree-type food. I believe there was pizza and fruit too.

I loved fat cats, in December it was Slam Allen and he was very good. When I went last month, it was Les Getrex and the creole cooking band and they were good also. Good music and good fun, we went almost every night.

As far as O'sheehans, I didn't find it any different than The Blue Lagoon.

Pizza that I found very good on many late night snack :) , almost every night they had chicken wings, chicken strips, one type of meat in sauce and cold sandwiches, and some more...nothing extravagant but filled the holiday appetite for sure !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We will be on the breakaway in September - have been on many NCL cruises but never on this ship - usually on any cruise ships the late night food is not that good - could anybody tell me how you found O'Sheehan's

The food in Blue Lagoon (O'sheehans) is about the same fleet wide. No better or worse on the Breakaway. They don't have different menus or ingredients. I personally think it's very plain at best. Rarely visit Blue Lagoon anymore, better options available to fill up on calories.

Buffet has soft serve ice cream and then, if I remember correctly (it's been almost a year), there were finger sandwiches, and at least one entree-type food. I believe there was pizza and fruit too.

Thanks!

Like everything else, dining is subjective. We haven't eaten in the buffet in a long time. On our last cruise we ate quite a bit in the Blue Lagoon, ususally not really busy, good breakfasts and loved the wings. Of course the brownie sundae was also very, very good. Don't know if they have it anymore. If you don't like spicey wings, just ask for them without sauce, they still taste good without all the heat and mess.

I walked up to the Garden Cafe around 11 PM on 2 different nights for snacks and surprisingly, decent selections & choices, nothing fancy but quick self-service. O'Sheehans instead of the Blue Lagoon also have a few goodies and of course, take a look at the regular Room Service Menu - and, there's always a 16 oz. pizza, delivered fresh & hot for $5 (just need :D 3 or 4 or more hungry ones to finish it off, IMO)

Edited by mking8288

We often found late night snacks at the Great Outdoors on the Epic, way after the buffet was closed. Things like nachos, pizza, tacos, and stuff like that. Finger food. We never went hungry