Reservations for Celebrity Select Dining

football4life76

Do they lock the reservations for Celebrity Select Dining a certain number of days before the cruise? I went back to the web site 6 days before departure, but there was no longer any option to change

Is it possible to change reservations for Celebrity Select Dining onboard?

We didn't make reservations in advance. Made them each day based on what our plans and mood was for that day and night. Most people lock them in for all nights and then decide to go to a Speciality Restaurant or the Buffet or dine on the balcony. So, there are always a lot of no shows. We had no problem getting a same day reservation.

Keep in mind that you don't really need a reservation for select dining, you can just walk up at any time. There are two lines at select dining and if you have a reservation, you get in that line which may be shorter (or sometimes longer). In our experience, they seat people alternating between the two lines.

Don't worry. We had advance reservations for each night and it did not mean a thing. Everyone , reservation or not waited in the same line to be seated. It was a mess and I hope you have a better experience.

m

When was your cruise? We had the same experience a couple of times in the past, but just spent 21 days on Eclipse a couple weeks ago and worked like clockwork--2 lines, 1 for reservations 1 for none. Longest we waited in the reservation line was 1 minute and had to wait once (for 2 or 3 minutes) for a table, always a 2 top.

Just got off the Solstice on May 16. There were two lines, one for reservations and one without. It seemed to be working just fine.

When was your cruise? We had the same experience a couple of times in the past, but just spent 21 days on Eclipse a couple weeks ago and worked like clockwork--2 lines, 1 for reservations 1 for none. Longest we waited in the reservation line was 1 minute and had to wait once (for 2 or 3 minutes) for a table, always a 2 top.

If you have assigned seating (my mother signed us up for the 8pm seating...umm...with a toddler?!?), can you show up at another time and wait for a seat? I'd rather eat in the MDR than the buffet, especially after hearing about the changes there.

If you have assigned seating (my mother signed us up for the 8pm seating...umm...with a toddler?!?), can you show up at another time and wait for a seat? I'd rather eat in the MDR than the buffet, especially after hearing about the changes there.

No, if you have the late seating, you have to go to your set time and you cannot go to the select (anytime) dining (without asking to switch seating assignments). It is usually in a different section, i.e. on the Summit the late and early dinning was downstairs and the select dinning was upstairs. If you want to do select dining or early seating, I would try to switch now or get on a waiting list as you can't be sure they will be able to switch you once on board as the select can fill up (but you can always ask on board as well if you don't have luck in advance).