All inclusive options in Falmouth

Hi I put this on the ports of call - Jamaica board but haven't gotten any replies so I figured I'd try my luck here.

I am very interested in Hilton Rose Hall when we dock in Falmouth.

I'm just not sure about spending close to $400 (4 of us) for basically all the same things I can get on our ship (minus the free alcohol of course). I mean we can eat all we want on the ship and use the pools, flowrider, etc. I hear the beach is not even that nice at Hilton.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what I am missing?

Edited by allie3490

As far as an all inclusive for Falmouth, buy a drink package and stay on board. That's what I'll be doing the next time I'm there.

We don't drink enough to justify the drink package. That's why I'm questioning the whole all inclusive thing.

The hotel is charging enough to cover what they think people might eat and drink, along with something for the use of the facilities..

When you think that people staying there are probably paying in the 200 buck per person per night range, give or take, perhaps one reason that the price is high, aside from the obvious, is to keep the crowds down. Face it, if I was paying 200 bucks a night to use a hotel and then I see several hundred passengers from a ship, I might be a little angry.

Not sure why you're questioning the all inclusive thing...you said your group wouldn't drink much, nor would you eat, since you'd do that on the ship..IMO you answered your own question....

I would certainly eat and drink. I am just questioning what the resort has that the cruise ship doesn't?

The ship has plenty of food and pools so I was just seeing what else the resort has to justify the cost.

We went to the Hilton Rose Hall the last time in Falmouth with a group of people and had a great time. They have a lazy river and really fun water slides, that even I did and I am not very adventurous. My son and his girlfriend went out on a sailboat and a lot of the other kids went out on kayaks. It was a really great day. However, that being said, my husband and I are going there in June and decided to stay on the ship. We don't mind just relaxing but when with other people, it is a nice way to spend a day...especially if your cruise is not port intensive. Either way, you will have a great day!

I don't think the resort really cares about selling day passes.

They have to make it somewhat expensive or all the riff-raff will show up.

You can probably find less expensive ones if you look around..

Remember the ship closes many of there dining facilities and activities while the ship is in port.

Oh I didn't know that. Are the flow riders open when the ship is in port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did this excursion a few weeks ago and had a great time! But we rarely stay on the ship when in port. If we want to just sit around and watch the world go by, we would have stayed home. For most of our time there, we stayed in the pool area near the water slides and enjoyed the slides and lazy river. The food was good and you had as much as you wanted. The water was murky, but we still enjoyed the beach area. All in all, we will do this excursion again !

I am back and forth on this excursion also. I think we will give it a try for the three of us. The reviews have been excellent for Hilton Rose Hall, and I like to get off the ship at the ports. I am looking forward to the lazy river and the water slides.

I will be taking this excursion in about 33 days and can report back. It might not be worth it to you - but I want to get off the ship and do something and this way I can enjoy the pool/lazy river/ beach / food /drinks / non motorized beach toys in a nice clean area - no locals hitting me up to buy weed or their home made goodies (yes that has happened to us on every beach trip to Jamaica).

We did this one in March and my kids loved it!!! The slides empty into pools of water, multiple slides and it's pretty cool.

Keep in mind, one hour time difference and bar/big slides/lazy river don't open until 11 or so (noon our time). Lunch was open at noon (1 our time) so we were starving!!! Hit up the buffet when you get there inside and then hit the outside restaurant for lunch. Jerk sauce was great, we tried to buy some on the way out.

Pretty nice, scenic drive which we enjoyed. Our driver was great and even showed up early to take us back because we were worried about getting back to the ship on time.

Lazy river was fun but got crowded around noon. Beach was nice, water was clear and we moved to the beach for a bit.

It's a lot of money for the time you are actually there, not sure we would do it again because of that but the Hilton was very nice. Just wish we had longer to check it out!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I rarely go on ship excursions, but went on one to Red Stripe Beach. Beautiful Beach, well organized barbecue lunch, beach volleyball. A lovely day![ATTACH]313633[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HOT DOG! I love that pic!!!!!!!!

The Rose Hilton in Jamaica is Top of the List!

I will not miss this amazing day.

Read the great reviews to ease your mind.

You will be bored on ship during this day.

Pay no attention to the nay-sayers about Jamaica.

This is THE place to be for the day according to all I've

read. We are booked there, and I can't wait. This is going

to be an awesome day!

My family did the Jamaica for a Day at Hilton Rose Hall and enjoyed it. Yes, it was a bit pricey, but then when we calculated what we would spend if we went on any other excursion or took a cab to Montego Bay and then ate lunch and had even one drink each, it put it in perspective. Certainly, staying on the ship is cheaper... but we did enjoy the change in food and having drinks at the pool bar. The kids ate Jerk chicken ordered at the little restaurant near the beach. After, we all had burgers etc. right from the back of the pool bar. The lazy river was nice and my kids had fun (my husband too) on the waterslide.

We went last November & we loved it! Yes it was a little pricey, but we felt it was worth the price paid. The lazy river was fun, the drinks were good and the grounds were beautiful. I really enjoyed walking through their lush tropical gardens later in the afternoon. The beach looked like fun for water sports although we didn't partake.

We had a wonderful time in Jamaica. :)

The water was murky, but we still enjoyed the beach area.

I wouldn't pay $100pp to see murky beach water.

On our Jamaica day we stayed onboard and did the Flowrider. Very few people.

Edited by marci22

Hi I put this on the ports of call - Jamaica board but haven't gotten any replies so I figured I'd try my luck here.

I am very interested in Hilton Rose Hall when we dock in Falmouth.

I'm just not sure about spending close to $400 (4 of us) for basically all the same things I can get on our ship (minus the free alcohol of course). I mean we can eat all we want on the ship and use the pools, flowrider, etc. I hear the beach is not even that nice at Hilton.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what I am missing?

We're doing Bamboo Beach Club through RC and it's all inclusive! It's only $69 and it included lounges on the beach, drinks, and lunch!