Creme Brulee anyone??

Alaska Lily

We are four adults traveling with a great 11 year old kid. Her absolute favorite dessert is creme brulee. In perusing the menus on this board I did not see it on any menu except the Pinnacle Grill. Depending on the Club HAL situation she may pass on the Pinnacle Grill night...too much food and wine discussion. Does anyone know if this is served in another restaurant or can it be ordered from room service? I am attemping to keep my "favorite aunt" status.:)

Last cruise we were on, Creme Brulee was on the "Always Available" menu in the MDR. I tested this -- it WAS always available :D

same here and not off that long ago. One of our table mates ordered it nearly every night.

If you take a look at halfacts.com (the link is in my signature) and go the to the general info - you will see some menus which include the 'always available'.

I believe it is standard through the fleet.

so no need to do anything special. Just enjoy:D

Thanks so much to you for the information! I am glad to know I won't need to spend too much time foraging and she'll be thrilled. You seasoned cruisers offer us novices a wealth of information and it is all appreciated!:D

Last cruise we were on, Creme Brulee was on the "Always Available" menu in the MDR. I tested this -- it WAS always available :D

I have checked my large collection of scanned menus and found this to be the case for the Main Dining Room.

Edited by Crew News

I have checked my large collection of scanned menus and found this to be the case for the Main Dining Room.

I guess I am missing the boat? I often do;)

three frequent cruisers at least posted this information

Were you doubting the veracity of the posters or just your memory?

It's on the dinner menu as part of the things always available. She will be able to get her fill of blow torch puddin'. :)

On our Panama Canal cruise, the Crème Brulee was not on the Available Daily menu. We had 2 different dessert menus during that cruise. Roughly half the time Crème Brulee was on it, sometimes not.

sljgpd.jpg

bwylu.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

On our Panama Canal cruise, the Crème Brulee was not on the Available Daily menu. We had 2 different dessert menus during that cruise. Roughly half the time Crème Brulee was on it, sometimes not.

sljgpd.jpg

bwylu.jpg

Curious which ship this was if you don't mind please Shmoo?

Curious which ship this was if you don't mind please Shmoo?

Veendam.

OK, went and checked my pictures. We had Crème Brulee on the menu 5 nights, Chocolate Brownie Stack 14 nights. However, one of those nights there was Chocolate Crème Brulee on the regular dessert menu.

The other two nights I missed one of the menus, and the last night was the Master Chef International Dinner.

Edited by Shmoo here

Uh oh, I did so not need to know this. A good creme brulée is so very tough to resist.

Me either! I should have never opened this thread!! Oh my!! In two weeks...guess what I'm having for dessert?! ;)

Edited by Shebba

Hi, just off the Rotterdam for 43 days and I don't recall ever seeing Creme Brulee on the Available Daily section, certainly the brownie stack and the others were. I think it was on the main menu a couple of times though.

You MUST be mistaken because three knowledgeable owners of the board said it is always there. One must not question the authorities.

Veendam.

OK, went and checked my pictures. We had Crème Brulee on the menu 5 nights, Chocolate Brownie Stack 14 nights. However, one of those nights there was Chocolate Crème Brulee on the regular dessert menu.

The other two nights I missed one of the menus, and the last night was the Master Chef International Dinner.

thanks so much. I didn't mean to make you check your pics - was just curious which ship.

Well, I don't need to eat a lot of dessert, I really liked that it was offered as an alternative to those that cared for it on the cruises I have been on.

It was certainly on the Maasdam every day. Now, to be honest, I must check my menus too - I just know a table mate asked for it every night and got it :)

thanks so much. I didn't mean to make you check your pics - was just curious which ship.

Well, I don't need to eat a lot of dessert, I really liked that it was offered as an alternative to those that cared for it on the cruises I have been on.

It was certainly on the Maasdam every day. Now, to be honest, I must check my menus too - I just know a table mate asked for it every night and got it :)

Oh, your asking didn't get me check my pictures :D. I was just curious, because our tablemates noticed it first that the same Available Daily selections were not available every day. He mentioned it to our server, and he said, yes he had noticed that also.

I was just curious as to how many times it was offered. Obviously less than I remembered. :rolleyes:

I guess I am missing the boat? I often do;)

three frequent cruisers at least posted this information

Were you doubting the veracity of the posters or just your memory?

I appreciate your concern for double-posting and the slowness of my pressing my Enter key. Please accept my apology for creating what was, in fact, a simultaneous post with two others.

My post started at approximately 5:26 when I read that previous posters stated the availability only on their "last cruise." During my post drafting, I determined that it would be good to check a good number of my scanned menus to verify my post before hitting the Enter key.

One cannot see other incoming posts while one is in the process of typing a post. I am certain that you can understand that situation. At approximately 5:32, I noted several spelling errors that needed correction lest they upset anyone on this thread. I pressed my Enter key to complete my post at 5:33.

If the efficiency of two others in hitting their Enter Keys while I was still double-checking my information after starting my post, caused you to miss the boat, I assure you that it was not my intent to be discourteous, question anyone's veracity, or perhaps a slip in my aging memory.

Hopefully, you and any other frequent posters, will accept my justification and apology.

Your efforts to improve courtesy on the HAL forum are much appreciated.

To return to the subject of the thread, I am hopeful that the OP finds Crème Brûlée on her pending cruise.

The crème brulee was not always on the "always available" menu on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

This may be another one of those -- differs by ship -- thing.

The best one I like on the ships is the one served at Le Cirque.

DH used to like the "trio" one in the Pinnacle, but the last couple of times he ordered it, it was warm and not set.

There are foods that are always available, even though they never show up on the "Always Available" menus. Mashed potatoes and carrots are two examples.

If there's something you want that isn't on the menu, ask. It may not be available that night, but it just may be. If you don't ask, you'll never know.