Buy one get one 1/2 off promo

I have only cruised once on RCI and wondering if this is about the best promo for an European cruise in 2015? We are looking far ahead. Thanks, Echokat

It's impossible to know if the current price will be the best one you can get. For us, the promo has been very good because we have gotten several hundred dollars in price drops on cruises in 2015 and 2016.

It's impossible to know if the current price will be the best one you can get. For us, the promo has been very good because we have gotten several hundred dollars in price drops on cruises in 2015 and 2016.

Can you use the 1/2 off promo for a price drop on an existing booked cruise, or would you need to cancel and rebook to take advantage of it?

Can you use the 1/2 off promo for a price drop on an existing booked cruise, or would you need to cancel and rebook to take advantage of it?

Yes I did get an adjustment on a previous booked sailing and they also added a C&A discount...

Make a call, it's so worth it,

Patty

It seems that mileage varies, but we've done very well with it. We got the deal on an existing cruise for next February, opting to upgrade to a balcony for about $100 rather than take the price drop on our former PR. We also were able to book Oasis for 2016, which DH has been dying to try and has always been out of our price range.

Yes I did get an adjustment on a previous booked sailing and they also added a C&A discount...

Make a call, it's so worth it,

Patty

That's great, I figured since it was a promo we would have to cancel and rebook. Since we have the cabin we want (aft), onboard credit and C&A discount, I was reluctant to do so.

That's great, I figured since it was a promo we would have to cancel and rebook. Since we have the cabin we want (aft), onboard credit and C&A discount, I was reluctant to do so.

This is the only one that I can think of in a long time that will let you get the price adjustment on an already booked cruise AND Keep your OBC and your C and A discount:D

Edited by molly361

Speaking for myself there was little logic to how the discount was applied to my existing cruises, which were originally booked with solo pricing of 200%. In one case I got a better deal with a military discount. On another, a higher per person rate was used before taking the 50% discount, but still saved a few hundred dollars. In both cases my OBC was reduced a little (I had used next cruise certificates when booked).

But I thought about what type of cruise would usually be the most expensive for a solo and decided the one I've wanted to do for years but was too expensive was an Alaska cruise tour. I did a mock booking on line and indeed the pricing was calculated as 150%, so I called my TA and told him to transfer my current next cruise certificate for the Quantum (which I had decided to cancel for various reasons) to an Alaska Cruise Tour for May 31 2015. He put me on hold while he spoke with RCI and then came back with an even better rate, said it was because the NCC used a price lower than the current. So I ended up saving over $1400, which made the cruisetour still expensive but now within my budget. My OBC was reduced from $150 to $113. I am very excited to finally see the "other Alaska".

I told a friend of mine about the promotion and recommended pricing out the most expensive cruise you've never been able to take and see if the deal makes it now possible. Maybe the Allure or Oasis. Or go in the opposite direction and pick a cruise that is always reasonable and the promotion will make it a great deal or allow an upgrade in cabin. I would say for any one who cruises RCI, either often or seldom, passing up this deal would be foolish. Since it applies to 2015 or 2016 cruises, there is plenty of time before final payment to be sure you can afford the cruise :-). For me, it will make it pretty easy to pass up some unnecessary shopping and put the money into my Alaska fund.

It seems that mileage varies, but we've done very well with it. We got the deal on an existing cruise for next February, opting to upgrade to a balcony for about $100 rather than take the price drop on our former PR. We also were able to book Oasis for 2016, which DH has been dying to try and has always been out of our price range.

We booked Oasis for March 2016 because of the savings from the price drop also - can't wait :D

. . . .

I told a friend of mine about the promotion and recommended pricing out the most expensive cruise you've never been able to take and see if the deal makes it now possible. Maybe the Allure or Oasis. Or go in the opposite direction and pick a cruise that is always reasonable and the promotion will make it a great deal or allow an upgrade in cabin. I would say for any one who cruises RCI, either often or seldom, passing up this deal would be foolish. Since it applies to 2015 or 2016 cruises, there is plenty of time before final payment to be sure you can afford the cruise :-). For me, it will make it pretty easy to pass up some unnecessary shopping and put the money into my Alaska fund.

We followed the same logic you did. We booked our first ever GS. :D It is for a birthday cruise for DH.

Now if I could only get thru to RCI...

Book on-line. Or, before you talk to them, get pricing on various ships/itineraries by doing a mock booking and you can see instant results. That is what I did when I read it in this board and got a Central Park balcony on Oasis for Feb., '16 for less than $800 per net of all discounts. Total savings was approximately $650.

i personally got a better deal for june this year than the 2015bogo. so you just dont know, i didnt like they jacked up the price a bit then did a bogoho. dont get me wrong its not a bad deal ,it just isnt the deal of the year or anything.

Edited by Harooni

I booked a 9 night on the Serenade for Dec, 2015, and saved about $750.00 from what was offered on the Legend for Dec.2014, when I was looking at that. It seems to be a legit sale.I couldn't be happier.

Book on-line. Or, before you talk to them, get pricing on various ships/itineraries by doing a mock booking and you can see instant results. That is what I did when I read it in this board and got a Central Park balcony on Oasis for Feb., '16 for less than $800 per net of all discounts. Total savings was approximately $650.

Well I'm trying to get $$$ off an existing booking so I have to do it by phone.

I and my DD had booked two cabins on the 5 Jan 15 Legend 11 day southern cruise. I saw the price dropped on the RCI web site last week and we both were able to book the same cruise, same cabins for approx.. $525.00 less than when we booked a couple of months ago. We did not have to cancel and rebook.

Thank you so much for posting this!! I had two Med cruises, one 12 night the other 11 night.

My 15 minute or so hold time netted me a $2,630.00 savings! That is huge!!

Thank you so much!! :) :)

That is huge, congratulations! Mine ended up being only alittle over $100, but every $ counts.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this - we were looking at booking a cruise during this promotion but the price that I'm seeing during the "pick your type of cabin" selection screen is NOT the price that I'm seeing under the price breakdown once we have selected a cabin. The price goes up approx $1679 up to $2239. When you apply the promo, there is NO discount. I'd like to actually save that $830 bucks!

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this - we were looking at booking a cruise during this promotion but the price that I'm seeing during the "pick your type of cabin" selection screen is NOT the price that I'm seeing under the price breakdown once we have selected a cabin. The price goes up approx $1679 up to $2239. When you apply the promo, there is NO discount. I'd like to actually save that $830 bucks!

Not sure if the same scenario, but we booked a cruise last night. When I told the rep that the price was not the same as on the website, she told me that the website already applied the promo to include the BOGHO.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl