Premium Beverage Package

irishayes

So, it looks like we will have to upgrade to the Premium since I want mostly martinis and coffees and my husband wants better beers than what we've seen listed in the revised classic list that was recently published by Celebrity in the other thread. That said, I am assuming I can get also get glasses of wine as part of the package, right?

Yes, glasses of wine up to $14.00, as of May 16th. You pay the difference on more expensive wines.

So, it looks like we will have to upgrade to the Premium since I want mostly martinis and coffees and my husband wants better beers than what we've seen listed in the revised classic list that was recently published by Celebrity in the other thread. That said, I am assuming I can get also get glasses of wine as part of the package, right?
Edited by wv4891

Yes, glasses of wine up to $14.00, as of May 16th. You pay the difference on more expensive wines.

Sounds good. Is that an official posting or onboard experience? Do you have any new menus to share? tia

Hey, it's not $14, it's $15 and currently only for cruises departing uk as gratuity included in package price.

Uk celebrity website still says $13 as this higher limit does not currently apply to all cruises.

I know this because following a Facebook message enquiring about how these changes to classic impacted customers who had premium, a girl from celebrity rang me yesterday.

She confirmed 4 things for me:

1. Molecular bar still included

2. Martini bar still included

3. Drinks on Ships departing uk have a $15 limit

4. Anything above limit, you just pay the difference

Hey, it's not $14, it's $15 and currently only for cruises departing uk as gratuity included in package price.

Uk celebrity website still says $13 as this higher limit does not currently apply to all cruises.

I know this because following a Facebook message enquiring about how these changes to classic impacted customers who had premium, a girl from celebrity rang me yesterday.

$13 + 15% ($1.90 - round up to $2) = $15

No change!

Ugh. Was hoping something had been decided. Doesnt it seem logical that if they increased the classic wine per glass limit by $1 that they would also increase the premium by $1?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ugh. Was hoping something had been decided. Doesnt it seem logical that if they increased the classic wine per glass limit by $1 that they would also increase the premium by $1?

True, but it was not very long ago that Celebrity increased the Premium level to $13 from the previous $12.

What Facebook group is this? Can you post a link?

It is $14.00 a glass for wine. This is from experience on our just completed Alaska cruise on the Solstice that ended May 16th. Sorry no menus, but all the menus show the prices. We did not get menus until mid cruise, as they were updated to reflect the new price increases. There are a lot of wines that you will pay an upcharge for and there are a lot under the $14 range. U.K. may have a different limit.

Sounds good. Is that an official posting or onboard experience? Do you have any new menus to share? tia
Edited by wv4891

I'm not so sure that uk pricing (where gratuities are included in the drink price) is used for ALL cruises leaving from the uk. Our last two westbound ta's leaving from the uk had drinks priced on the standard pricing with 15% being added for each drink.

Thanks for the information Bill

Can you tell us if Celebrity were charging the .50 cents extra for the wines they have increased from $13 to $14.50 - such as Conundrum which , along with some others are now moved outside the Premium Package that I purchased .

I think Dry Creek Zinfandel is another .:(

It would be nice if Celebrity were a little more informative so that we dont always have to rely on CC contributions for changes.

Can you tell us if Celebrity were charging the .50 cents extra for the wines they have increased from $13 to $14.50 - such as Conundrum which , along with some others are now moved outside the Premium Package that I purchased .

It would be nice if Celebrity were a little more informative so that we dont always have to rely on CC contributions for changes.

Does celebrity really want their bar staff spending time on $.58 bar bills? Something seems wrong here.

I was not paying that much attention as my wife was doing the ordering (she is quite the wine expert) and I do the drinking. But one example was in Tuscan Grille, a glass of Amarone, I don't remember the winery, was priced at $21,50 a glass, we paid $7.50 with our Premium Package, so I would guestimate that no tip was included??. I never had upcharges in the Martin Bar. Unfortunately this cruise we did not make it to the Molecular Bar, sO I don't know if any of their drinks now come with some upcharging.

And I seem to remember that the Eclipse, out of Southhampton, is the only ship that our U.K. friends can take advantage of the drink package, but that may have changed.

The Amarone is a special wine - its making a fascinating process - and the upcharge understandable Bill -- seems your wife knows what she is doing so leave her with it !:D

When Celebrity finally provides here the list for premium package - would be nice to also get clarification for limits in the package. Since currently it is stated that limits (excluding UK cruises) are 13$ for glass of wine but on Solstice it has now been 14$ based on information on CC forums.

So is the current limit 13$ or 14$?

When Celebrity finally provides here the list for premium package - would be nice to also get clarification for limits in the package. Since currently it is stated that limits (excluding UK cruises) are 13$ for glass of wine but on Solstice it has now been 14$ based on information on CC forums.

So is the current limit 13$ or 14$?

The $15 level on ex UK sailings where prices include the 15% Service Charge equates to $13.04 if the service charge is removed so I would have thought it would be $13 (rounded down by 4c) for non ex UK sailings where prices exclude the service charge. If it was $14 on Solstice that would equate to £16.10 when the service charge was added taking it higher than the level on ex UK sailings.

We will wait and see........

When the initial changes to the classic plan were "announced", there was a great uproar here with multiple long, negative threads. Celebrity posted an updated classic package here on May 19th which pretty much restored the classic package to what it was prior to the change....and the negative posts have declined. Additionally, the official celebrity rep posted that they would be posting similarly about the premium package so most of us are waiting to see what is posted.

I hope that celebrity is not seeing the drop in comments as some sort of indication that they don't need to follow through and let us know any more about the premium package (or the cocktails).

There definitely is confusion here and apparently between the celebrity web sites and the ships ($13 vs $14). It would be good to have consistent complete information on the celebrity web siteS (worldwide) and I would hope it's posted here for information.... and it would be nice to see it implemented consistently on the ships.

So many of us are waiting patiently....

Edited by ghstudio

I just got off the phone with celebrity customer service. As expected, the customer service representatives know nothing about the change in the beverage packages. They are still quoting the $8 per glass classic limit. Hi boys my frustration over how this was handled as well as how difficult it is to get through to anyone at celebrity and the massive hold times. I expressed doubt about this being the same celebrity that I had cruised on a few years ago. I told her that if this was how I celebrity was going to handle customer service from now on, they were going to lose customers. She was very receptive and apologetic. She took my name and promised to get to the bottom of it and call me back by tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.

I just got off the phone with celebrity customer service. As expected, the customer service representatives know nothing about the change in the beverage packages. They are still quoting the $8 per glass classic limit. I voiced my frustration over how this was handled as well as how difficult it is to get through to anyone at celebrity and the massive hold times. I expressed doubt about this being the same celebrity that I had cruised on a few years ago. I told her that if this was how I celebrity was going to handle customer service from now on, they were going to lose customers. She was very receptive and apologetic. She took my name and promised to get to the bottom of it and call me back by tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.