Solstice in AK - who's lecturing?

BuckeyeMark

Celebrity has had excellent naturalists onboard for their Alaska sailings on the past. We've actually had Brent Nixon, and as someone who lives in Alaska I found him somewhat "over the top" but he did excellent lectures. He also was around the ship continually interacting with passengers. I particularly think that for families traveling with kids that Brent could get a kid interested in science.

GREAT INFO!

According to Brent's website he WILL be on the Solstice!

http://naturetalksbybrentnixon.com/calendar.html

Thanks for asking the question since we will be onboard as well in just 3 weeks.

I've been on with Brent Nixon before and the way he presents actually get's you excited. He's awesome. :cool:

Miss Amanda is an historian and she talks about Gold Rush Alaska and did a great presentation on the Titanic. Brent and Mary Amanda are on the ship most of the summer but not all of the summer. I talked with Brent and he said they had to leave the ship for a couple weeks to do some research in California. But my understanding is there is always a guest Naturalist on board- so it will be Brent or someone else.

I talked with Brent and he said they had to leave the ship for a couple weeks to do some research in California. But my understanding is there is always a guest Naturalist on board- so it will be Brent or someone else.

Had to leave as in past tense, they have been gone and are now back, or WILL LEAVE in the future?

His website says

"May 8 - September 22, 2014 - Solstice

Celebrity Cruises has once again invited me to guest speak on this magnificent vessel during her explorations of coastal Alaska."

You can email Brent to see which sailings he will be on the ship. I was on May 8-16 sailing and that's when he mentioned he would be leaving the ship for some research project but that he would be coming back.

I'll do that.

Where there other lecturers beside Brent on your cruise?

I've cruised with Milos (pronounced Me-losh) twice, once on Constellation in Caribbean and once on Solstice, Australia to NZ. Both times have fully enjoyed every session he had, including some star-gazing when conditions allowed. He's more science than history but very broad knowledge and very fun. m--

Another wonderful naturalist is Milos forgot his last name He was on the Millie with his mother who was in her 80's. Tony Rice was also another speaker but this was a few years ago. Ontario Cruiser

Radakovich. I believe he got married on Solstice April last year. Have had the pleasure of sailing with him on board twice now - a very entertaining and knowledgeable man.

From my last few cruises, the "Beyond the Podium" speakers seem to have been cut back and those that are there are not of the same quality.

Has anyone seen Milos this year?

Radakovich. I believe he got married on Solstice April last year. Have had the pleasure of sailing with him on board twice now - a very entertaining and knowledgeable man.

From my last few cruises, the "Beyond the Podium" speakers seem to have been cut back and those that are there are not of the same quality.

Has anyone seen Milos this year?

Someone just off the Century said he is on there now which makes me happy. We board on Sunday :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums