Tipping in Sabatini & Crown Grill

Crystal Rich

We always tip extra mainly because we feel the superlative service we receive deserves it. Then again, we always give a cash tip to the waiters in the MDR and the room stewards at the end of the cruise as well. I guess it is subjective as they all are already covered minimally in the auto tip.

There have been many debates on this board as to how much extra one should tip - I've been flamed before so I'm not going to touch that one with a ten foot pole!

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Tipping should be up to the individual and their own situation. If you get good service tip what YOU think you should. Sorry it is not anyone else's business how a person spends their money. Give what makes you feel comfortable.

This is completely up to your discretion we have in the past left $10 cash on the table because we've had such a wonderful dinner and such fabulous service, again it is completely your choice. I will say we are currently booked on Celebrity for this coming December and their prices for their alternative dining rooms are twice the cost per person than Princess and I doubt we will leave an extra tip no matter how great the service! At $50 per person I think that should cover the tip😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There in the daily tip pool but there is no tip in the cover charge I was told. We always leave something in both the specialty restaurants and at MDR dinner, also we tip the waiters if we do the chefs table. We have any time dinning so a different waiter every night usually.

Please tell me if the additional charge for the specialty restaurants includes a tip.

Thank you.

I believe the consensus is that the cover charge does not include a tip, but the staff are included in the tip pool and receive the same amount as any other waitstaff. On ships we have been on, the Sanctuary attendants pooled all tips as did the staff at Sabatini's for breakfast. I don't know if that is true for the evening waitstaff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We give the same $20.00 tipping amount, sorry but 5 Bucks just looks cheap even for non Americans.

$5 per person or $10 per couple is no more wrong than $20 is right. There's no correct amount.

Tipping is a personal decision. Waitstaff has agreed to accept their percentage of the daily auto-tip and expect nothing more. Any amount received in cash is a bonus.

Lew

So I pay for a cruise which includes in the price dinner in the MDR I then pay an extra supplement on top of the price already paid for dinner to eat in Crown Grill/Sabatini's and then on top of the already $11-50 per person per day gratuities I am then expected top leave another tip for serving me a meal with efficiency. You have got to be joking ever likely the staff are always smiling whenever they go back home they must be classified as millionaires compared to the pay local people in their countries are paid.

$5 per person or $10 per couple is no more wrong than $20 is right. There's no correct amount.

Tipping is a personal decision. Waitstaff has agreed to accept their percentage of the daily auto-tip and expect nothing more. Any amount received in cash is a bonus.

Lew

Sounds about right.

So I pay for a cruise which includes in the price dinner in the MDR I then pay an extra supplement on top of the price already paid for dinner to eat in Crown Grill/Sabatini's and then on top of the already $11-50 per person per day gratuities I am then expected top leave another tip for serving me a meal with efficiency. You have got to be joking ever likely the staff are always smiling whenever they go back home they must be classified as millionaires compared to the pay local people in their countries are paid.

You are not "expected" to do anything. Its up to the individual what they wish to do.

IMO $20.00 if you had a great dinner and a good time.

We went twice both times the food was wonderful at Crown Grill the lamb chops amazing scallops as an entree ,lobster as a sidedish ....garlic fries all deliciooooooous

Their teenie selection of desserts was yummy ..I loved the lemon tart and pecan pie scrumptious ..you get to taste all 4 as minis ..i recommend that .I must say the pecan pie was the best I ever tasted ....mmmmmmmmmmm

I agree price on Celebrity is over the top so will not go there ..50$ are they nuts ??too rich for my purse .they are going to find that place empty most nights ...not right after you paid for your cruise ...not known to be cheap on Celebrity

Tipping over and above the daily charge is optional.

When my wife and I dine at Crown or Sabatini we appreciate the added service and higher quality food preparation and ingredients. It is well worth the up charge and therefore an additional tip. I tip in cash - no less than $10.

We always tip extra mainly because we feel the superlative service we receive deserves it.

There have been many debates on this board as to how much extra one should tip - I've been flamed before so I'm not going to touch that one with a ten foot pole! I agree 100% best left unsaid! :eek: !

Tip or not to Tip! :rolleyes: That is the question?:D

We are just,

RetiredNTraveling!(Mike & Betty)

We also tip our servers in the MDR and our cabin guy or girl w/cash depending on quality of service, which is generally very good.

We do it not because we have to but because we want to. And it makes us happy because we can. And we really don't look down on someone who does not.:)