Radiance class Balcony guru's, help!

I booked my first ever balcony last night. Room 1604 on the Brilliance.

I am seeing that there are many other great balconies available on this sailing.

My wife and I like shade more than direct sun, we like a breeze, and we like enough privacy to comfortably nap in that shady breeze.

View, noise levels, movement and location convenience also are important.

The following are available options

What should I choose and why?

Those aft cabin will be quiet, but the balconies will pretty much be in full sun.

It's a long walk to those aft cabins, but some people really love the view of the wake and the privacy as the only people going to the aft are those folks in the aft cabins.

The midship cabins, 9078 and 9092 have larger balconies than the side cabins (the aft balconies are also larger than the side) and they are pretty much half sun and half shade. My DH cannot be in the sun, so we usually take one of those cabins, and we like the convenience of being right next to the stairs and the elevators.

The midship cabins can be noisy during the 9-12 timeframe in the evening, as the Centrum is used for parties and dancing. Usually it is pretty quiet during the day, and if you are on your balcony you probably wouldnt hear anything.

As far as privacy goes, you only have neighbors on one side of you. Those cabins also have a solid metal wall on one side and a regular balcony partition on the other, so some folks don't like the metal partition.

Rita

I guess it depends on whatever floats your boat:D

We have gone with Mid ship balconies, like 9060 and never heard any noise except maybe someone passing by our cabin talking. What little noise we might have heard from the Centrum was very minimal and didn't disturb us. We had 1044 on our recent cruise from Sydney and never heard a thing.

Last time we sailed on the Radiance in Alaska we booked #7676. The privacy was just great, the balcony spacious and the views are excellent. The sun light depends on the course of the ship, sometimes there is shade, sometimes it's just baking in the sun. It's not very different with other balcony cabins on the ship. We didn't hear engines nor did we feel movement. The seas were pretty calm though.

If you want to see pictures of our cabin (back in 2012 after refurbishment) I'm happy to post some in this topic or mail.

The only downside of the aft cabins is the long walk to the centrum and elevators...But it's worth it in my opinion.

Edited by Sheik

Thank you all who have answered so far. I am searching the forums and still researching, but I went ahead and moved to 9256 since I see it is one of the most popular and unique balconies. I figured better get it while its available and keep researching and getting suggestions for the next couple of days.

I will have a great time regardless, but still want to get the best room available for us!

Last time we sailed on the Radiance in Alaska we booked #7676. The privacy was just great, the balcony spacious and the views are excellent. The sun light depends on the course of the ship, sometimes there is shade, sometimes it's just baking in the sun. It's not very different with other balcony cabins on the ship. We didn't hear engines nor did we feel movement. The seas were pretty calm though.

If you want to see pictures of our cabin (back in 2012 after refurbishment) I'm happy to post some in this topic or mail.

The only downside of the aft cabins is the long walk to the centrum and elevators...But it's worth it in my opinion.

I always love pics if its not an inconvenience!

You were very lucky to have that cabin available. I am surprised it was not

snatched up right away. It is our favorite cabin with a huge wrap around balcony,

but indeed does have a lot of sun with very little cover. People from the outside

Windjammer area will also be able to see you when they look down,

when you stand near the balcony railing, but not up by your sliding door

entrance.

As previous poster suggested, the center aft cabins have much more cover.

Edited by island lady

1012480397_serenadebalcony.jpg.89f22a4bf054b7cfcc4dc7abb072ef87.jpg

Hope these help we had 1100 and loved it but it was full sun while the center balconies did have some nice shade. We love aft cabins as they are always so quiet, no hallway noise, very little wind on balcony (even in hurricane) nice calming views. Yes it is a long walk but I am on vacation and in no hurry . We did hear noise from Wind Jammer one day when they were doing a power wash and moving everything but that was only for about 30 minutes. On a lower cabin we did hear some music from lounge below but nothing obnoxious or enough to keep you awake.

1350591461_serenadeaft.jpg.004e2b1f5b43fa5dfa2bad11afdbd6cb.jpg

We stayed in 1104 on the Brilliance last year and loved it (picture attached). We especially enjoyed sailing away from each port with a glass of wine out on the balcony. We just booked 9256 on the Jewel next March - looking forward to the huge balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401651972.517739.jpg.92cabe66f6d7f9469e2d190ac5bedfea.jpg

That was very good idea to reserve 9256 now, indie. We've had 1100 directly above, and loved everything about it. You can't beat the Radiance class ships for a perfect aft location- there is no superstructure to obstruct the view. You have booked a coveted stateroom and I'm sure you will enjoy it! :)

Ok, I'm pretty excited about 9256 now. :D

I dont get to vacation very often but for the 1st time I have two cruises booked.

Sailing Fredoom OTS Nov. 30th 2014 and Brilliance OTS Nov. 30th 2015.

My Birthday is December 3rd, so Im trying to make cruising a birthday tradition.

As promised, here are some pictures of stateroom 7676 on the beautiful Radiance of the Seas. This was our cruise in Alaska, june 2012.

Just to show you the updated cabin and balcony size / shade.

P1010633.jpg

P1010635.jpg

P1010640.jpg

P1010767.jpg

P1030627.jpg

Edited by Sheik

As promised, here are some pictures of stateroom 7676 on the beautiful Radiance of the Seas. This was our cruise in Alaska, june 2012.

Just to show you the updated cabin and balcony size / shade.

P1010633.jpg

P1010635.jpg

P1010640.jpg

P1010767.jpg

P1030627.jpg

Very nice, and great photography. Looks like its hard to go wrong with an aft balcony on this ship! Thank you for posting.

Edited by indie

Do all Radiance class ships have that same decor? I think it's beautiful.

That's been our experience on Radiance and Serenade. The Radiance ships just seem more elegant than the other classes to me.

We love sailing on the Radiance class the most, for us way better than the big ones in the RCCL fleet. We prefer them also over the Millennium class ships. They are elegant, stylish decorated and are not too big. The size is perfect and the ships are open. I can imagine that others prefer bigger WOW ships, but my wife and I love the feeling to be on a ship, not on a massive resort.

Sent from my MS-7751 using Tapatalk

Sent from my MS-7751 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sheik