Bringing alcohol and soft drinks on board

Getcarlos

Hi, we are travelling on the Celebrity Eclipse and i was just wondering where we stood on bringing alcohol on board the ship. Firstly can we bring it on board in our cases, i know you are formally allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine on but has anyone successfully sneaked any more on? What about bringing a few bottles of coke or sprite on too, for in room refreshments?

In addition to this i want to buy some vodka from Sweden and Russia, do they take it off and give it back at the end of the cruise or are you allowed to take it to your room.

Given the drinks prices i have seen they look to be okay but not sure how in date they are, I assume around $5 for a beer or maybe about $8 for a cocktail. Can anyone please clarify. Luckily the pound is good against the dollar right now!

Alcohol in not permitted to be brought on board - you can bring your two bottles of wine. We chose to order our in room alcohol from X and bring on our diet tonic or coke on with us, along with a case of water. We wrap in clear tape, slap a couple of luggage tags on it and it will be delivered to your cabin.

i recommend you carry on the two bottles of wine, NOT place it in your checked luggage.

You can also take sodas or water in a carry on bag, it will be checked but you should be fine.

If you purchase alcohol during the cruise, it "should" be stored and given to you at the end of the cruise, but sometimes the enforcement is lax, or so it is reported.

In my opinion drink prices are reasonable, and compare to a nice restaurant.

There are sometimes specials or happy hour deals too.

Yes, per rules you are allowed two bottles of wine per stateroom, no matter how you get them on board, either in luggage or carryon. Yes, you can sneak on more, each person can carry on two bottles, or you can pack two bottles and carry on two, etc., but those who bend the rules risk spoiling it for everyone else in the future.

The prices for drinks in general are comparable to a fine restaurant as above poster said, and they run specials.

You are free to bring on as much water or soda as you would like. No restrictions there. Have a great time

As you can see, the Celebrity website is silent on the matter of water and soft drinks. They are allowed. Liquor is not:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

That is all pretty much as assumed, i am going to get a bottle of vodka in Sweden though, I have 11 different flavours of absolut from all around the world so i want whatever is exclusive to the Absolut spiritmuseum. I don't want to drink it, thats the thing... i just wanted to know if it needs to be snuck on or they will just give it back upon departure of the ship.

There's really no sneaking it on--everything you bring on board will be scanned. If they take it away, they will return it at the end of the voyage.

Thats great! As long as i have a nice unopened bottle of a fun vodka flavour to have on the shelf back home i am happy!!

We carry our wine onboard in our carry on luggage. The one time we had it in our main suitcase the case did not get delivered to our cabin . We got called to the naughty room to retrieve it. They opened the suitcase in front of us and then saw what it was and we were on our way . The issue here is that if there are a lot of bags stacked in the naughty room then you could be very late getting yours and may not have it in time to dress for dinner

• 3 weeks later...
We carry our wine onboard in our carry on luggage. The one time we had it in our main suitcase the case did not get delivered to our cabin . We got called to the naughty room to retrieve it. They opened the suitcase in front of us and then saw what it was and we were on our way . The issue here is that if there are a lot of bags stacked in the naughty room then you could be very late getting yours and may not have it in time to dress for dinner

Hello Gold 1953

Your advice is so very correct. We normally have our two bottles of wine in our hand luggage, but once we forgot and put it in our checked bags. My husband got his luggage delivered to our cabin in no time, but mine took forever. When my suitcase finally arrived, inside was a nice note explaining why it was delayed. Yup - the wine was in the naughty room. Trust me - we always make sure from now on that it gets packed in the right suitcase!

BTW - glad to see other Nova Scotians on C.C. Does my heart proud, eh?

Greetings from Ron and Dale in Bridgewater

Given the drinks prices i have seen they look to be okay but not sure how in date they are, I assume around $5 for a beer or maybe about $8 for a cocktail. Can anyone please clarify. Luckily the pound is good against the dollar right now!

We found beer ranging from $5.50 to $8. Budweiser was $5.50 and Stellas was $8...that's pretty much what we stuck to.

Cocktails ranged from as low as $5.50 (but those were the non-alcoholic kind) to $10. I think your estimation of $8 is a good base.

Can I carry on 2 bottles of champagne?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It PROBABLY wouldn't be an issue since it is a type of wine. I have never heard of anyone being denied. I'd go for it if that's your preference.

I have a twist on the original question...

We have the beverage program (classic to upgrade to premium) for both of us. Will we be able to bring something on (wine or liquor) either at embarkation or port. Nice to be able to enjoy in the stateroom without having to run to a bar to get it.

My guess would be yes because it would be saving the cruiseline...but my guesses aren't always right;)

When my suitcase did not show up before dinner. I was not called down to the naughty room. I wore my shorts to dinner in the MDR. Yes they said something, but they did not turn me away. They said tomorrow I must have long pants.

I believe X states that it must be wine no more than 750mL--2 bottles per stateroom--and only at embarkation. Liquor brought to the ship during port will be held and secured until final debarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums