Promotional emails from Azamara

Wandering Words

Maybe they do not want to send them. I am a victim of a promotion that was withdrawn. Many of their offers state that they may be withdrawn without notice. The 25% discount on excursions was withdrawn without notification. I booked a cruise in October. i was completely taken aback when I went to book my excusions for my August cruise. The discounts were not there. I spoke to Guatemala who said that Azamara puts a clause in the fine print that they can withdraw an offer without notice. I was never notified. As far as I am concerned, a promotional email may be meaningless even if they send them. Read all the fine print.

On the other hand, I get lots of email and catalogues from other cruiselines. Crystal, Windstar, Viking, Uniworld, Regent, Paul Gaugan, Oceania, etc. send them frequently. I also get exciting Tuesday deals from Celebrity. I have often responded to a promotion from those .

On my previous cruises on Azamara, everything went well. I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise. I hope it matches or exceeds my previous experiences.

Bonnie I think this post sums up the problem

Hello Wondering Words and Bonnie, I'm in the UK, have registered and been assured by LCV several times that I'm now 'on the list'...but still nothing.

It does make me cross, un-acknowledged, irrelevent.

I must start taking more of notice of those companies who DO trouble to mail me...

I will send this thread right now to the powers-that-be in both US & UK offices...are any other countries having trouble getting promotional materials via email from us?

Do let us know if you get a reply Bonnie :D

Bonnie: Thanks for passing on the comments. Maybe Azamara will read this thread......and pay attention. Recently, the Azamara website and communications ( phone or email) have deteriorated. It used to be a pleasure calling to book a cruise/excursions/special needs/transportation etc. Emails received quick responses. Azamara used to be tops in fabulous customer service matching their outstanding service on their ships. It was that service that attracted me to Azamara and kept me coming back. With all the changes recently, I am starting to wonder what the future holds for Azamara. I book land trips with an outstanding luxury tour company that has a motto....happy repeat guests are our most valuable asset--without them we would go out of business. It is simple. If you keep repeat guests happy, they will be back and they will tell their friends. Business will grow. If you make repeat guests unhappy, they will tell their friends. Business will decline. Every travel operator, land or sea, ought to think this way.

Do let us know if you get a reply Bonnie :D

'There appears to be a system's issue regarding this which we are in the process of resolving'.

Hopefully they'll put it right soon. Thanks so much for calling our attention to this!

Bonnie

Thanks to CC, I've now had a look at the Companion Flies Free promo on the AZ website. Make sure to read the T&C before you book.

It is only available from 15 gateways with $499 surcharge for others. Air taxes are extra. Flights won't be assigned until 45 days of sailing. No changes or substitutions unless you purchase an AZ hotel package. Here's the fine print:

* 2nd Guest Free Air refers to free coach class airfare from the following gateways: ATL, BOS, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAD, JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD, PHL, SFO, YUL, YYZ. The following gateways are available at a $499 surcharge: CLE, CLT, IAH, IND, LAS, MCI, MCO, MEM, MKE, MSP, MSY, PDX, PHX, PIT, SAN, SEA, SLC, YEG, YYC, YVR. The first and second guests need not travel via the same gateway to receive offer. Gateways subject to availability, and not all gateways may be available for all listed voyages. Offer does not include air taxes, checked baggage fees imposed by airlines, or fees for optional services. Free air tickets will be assigned by cruise line no later than 45 days to sailing, cannot be substituted or changed, and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Flight schedules may only be changed with purchase of an Azamara Club Cruises hotel package. Limit one offer per stateroom. Offer is combinable with onboard booking savings and back-to-back savings. Unless stated otherwise, offer is not combinable with any other promotion or discount rate. Offers are subject to change, and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Certain restrictions apply.

Is there an "add on fee" offered for flying Business Class on overseas flights or is it coach or nothing? (apologize if this questions may have been asked/answered on a different thread and I missed it).

Is there an "add on fee" offered for flying Business Class on overseas flights or is it coach or nothing?
Somehow I doubt it, although I don't know for sure. I don't remember ever seeing an AZ promo where you could upgrade their "free air" to business class for a fixed add-on fee like you can sometimes do on Oceania or Regent. It is possible, however, to purchase business class tickets if you use Choice Air, but I don't think from the description of this current promo that AZ will be using Choice Air for the "free" companion ticket.

Let's face it with two old ships and a total passenger capacity of about 1400

Azamara is just a pimple on the side of RCCI. It's revenue is miniscule in comparison with that of even Celebrity. Is it any wonder that RCCI management doesn't really care about Azamara and aren't prepared to provide proper sales and marketing support when this takes resource away from it's other lines ?

How about an MBO Mr Pimentel !

• 1 month later...
We didn't get a welcome gift after our first cruise. I emailed club Voyage and they did send us two metal drinks holders.

We didn't get anything after our first cruise either. We forgot about it until after our second cruise. When I emailed, we were also sent two metal flask-type drink containers.