Need transfers into Rome please

kborth

Hi I just tried to get Rome cabs for transfer next week and they are booked. Any other suggestions, looked at Bob's limos. We were going to try train and cab to Vatican area where we are staying for a couple of days but I am worried about my legs after a long flight, some issues with swelling. Thanks vey much,Kathi

Hi I just tried to get Rome cabs for transfer next week and they are booked. Any other suggestions, looked at Bob's limos. We were going to try train and cab to Vatican area where we are staying for a couple of days but I am worried about my legs after a long flight, some issues with swelling. Thanks vey much,Kathi

To be perfectly honest, I am a firm believer that after a long flight, a bit of walking is exactly what you need - and this is from a person whose legs swell terribly and who travels with a mother with bad knees. The train station at FCO isn't a lot more walking than just getting a cab, and actually depending on where your hotel is you don't necessarily have to go to Termini.

TRy Limo inRome (not Rome In Limo! Although I'm sure they are fine too!) The owners name is Claudio. We have use him and his company many many times. He and the people he employs are dependable, polite, flexible if needed and very reasonable priced .Enjoy your trip!

We were too late for Rome Cabs, and they recommended:

Rome Chauffeur <info@rome-chauffeur.com>

and they were just fine.

There was a very slight delay finding the driver, but that was because it was our first time (in many, many years) to FCO, and also, we got through Customs/Immigration unusually quickly.

But maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and there he was with a sign with our name.

On the way back to FCO we just took a taxi, which is fixed price of 48 Euros.

But for the extra 2 Euros (plus tip), we wouldn't pass up the chance to be met right in the arrivals area, and not have to drag luggage to a taxi stand, or wait in line, etc.

NOTE: If it is more than 2 people, or if you have a lot of luggage, TELL THEM, and it would probably be wise to pay the *slight* additional to get a van.

Enjoy your trip!

GeezerCouple

We always use RomeInLimo.com for our transfers, but we have cruised with others who liked the other companies they used. I think for transfers, just about anyone will do. For private tours though, it is a different matter.

Enjoy and don't forget to wear compression socks. They make all the difference in the way your legs and knees feel after flights and long days of walking. I know they can be warm, but they make such a difference. I'm only 38 but had knee surgery 7 years ago and they make a huge difference for me.

Have fun in Italy!

TRy Limo inRome (not Rome In Limo! Although I'm sure they are fine too!) The owners name is Claudio. We have use him and his company many many times. He and the people he employs are dependable, polite, flexible if needed and very reasonable priced .Enjoy your trip!

WOW - this is the identical thing I was just getting ready to write to you. Limoinrome is great and the owner, Claudio Camponera, is such a gentleman. We have used him many, many times for transfers as well as tours during the last 10 years. We continue to compare prices between companies and keep returning to Limoinrome as you cannot find better prices or service.

WOW - this is the identical thing I was just getting ready to write to you. Limoinrome is great and the owner, Claudio Camponera, is such a gentleman. We have used him many, many times for transfers as well as tours during the last 10 years. We continue to compare prices between companies and keep returning to Limoinrome as you cannot find better prices or service.

I know! Isn't he great!! I think he's a secret gem.

Romeshuttlelimosine--it might be .it but I'm not sure...They've always worked for us.

Edited by 24butterfly

We always use RomeInLimo.com for our transfers, but we have cruised with others who liked the other companies they used. I think for transfers, just about anyone will do. For private tours though, it is a different matter.

Enjoy and don't forget to wear compression socks. They make all the difference in the way your legs and knees feel after flights and long days of walking. I know they can be warm, but they make such a difference. I'm only 38 but had knee surgery 7 years ago and they make a huge difference for me.

Have fun in Italy!

Many thanks for all the good advice. . I put. My back out 2 days ago and hope I can make the trip. I have planned this cruise for a year but what can you do?

Just grab a cab, fare from Rome to the airport is 48€, probably same cost airport to Rome

Is that risky just grabbing a cab? I too am looking for a transfer from Civitacchia to FCO. I did look at Rome cabs...it's much less expensive than the transfer the cruise ship is offering.

I must respectfully disagree. Cabs are very difficult to find in Civitavecchia and I did not see any waiting around when we disembarked recently. Prearranging a transfer seems to be a very good idea.

That would be a huge concern or me....after all, we have a flight to catch and we can't take chances without having an orgainized transfer.

Is that risky just grabbing a cab? I too am looking for a transfer from Civitacchia to FCO. I did look at Rome cabs...it's much less expensive than the transfer the cruise ship is offering.

You can get taxis but they might not be readily available as son as you need them so you may have to wait awhile.

I would get a private car transfer.

Keith

The 48€ is the set fare from FCO to Romeor Rome to FCO not Civitacchia. Getting a cab from the airport to Rome is really quite easy, and besides the convenience of having someone waiting for you at airport it's really not necessary to pre-book ground transfer. (However, you really do feel special when you enter the arrival area and see your driver waiting for you. :D) (FYI Rome also levies a 1€ tax on each bag when using a taxi, but I've never been charged this when using a shuttle.)

A cab or private transfer to Civitacchia will be more expensive and I recommend pre-booking. It's been my experience at the actual pier area there weren't any cabs available. I've been told due to congestion in the area only shuttle buses, tour buses, and already arranged transfer vehicles are at the pier. Now, how true this is I don't know, but as I stated my experience was you had to take the free shuttle to the bus pickup/drop off point and then find a cab - rather a waste of time in my opinion (plus if you're debarking there the shuttle bus can be a zoo!)

Barbara