JS worth it?

We usually only cruise balcony rooms or Family insides, but there is a great deal for next October for all 3 of us to cruise on Oasis in a JS for $3,400. I know they are not technically a suite, so what are the advantages?

We usually only cruise balcony rooms or Family insides, but there is a great deal for next October for all 3 of us to cruise on Oasis in a JS for $3,400. I know they are not technically a suite, so what are the advantages?

Besides having about 50% more space, a JS on Oasis gives you a bathtub, walk-in closet, priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Edited by clarea

Hubby and I decided to go for a JS because I wanted more room when we did our 10 day cruise. I wanted a bigger closet and the bathtub was a really nice treat.

We got priority check-in at the pier and a nice little waiting area, and there were bathrobes in our cabin. Other than that, I don't know of any perks. If there were any, we didn't take advantage. Honestly, that walk-in closet was awesome, there was room for everything and it was big enough to get changed in. :D

For a couple, I'd say wasted space - you shouldn't be in your room enough to need it.

For 3, I'd say yes, the added space will keep you from being on top of each other. All depends on how much of a premium it is over balcony - I wouldn't spend more than 25%.

For a couple, I'd say wasted space - you shouldn't be in your room enough to need it.

For 3, I'd say yes, the added space will keep you from being on top of each other. All depends on how much of a premium it is over balcony - I wouldn't spend more than 25%.

I disagree. We are only 2 in our cabin and prefer a JS. It's not a matter of "need," it's a matter of how we like to spoil ourselves a bit while on vacation.

There are 2 of us and we would book a JS anytime now we can. We are in our early to mid 60s and just so much easier showering and space wise in the entire cabin. Sometimes the price has been too outrageous. For our Oct 2015 cruise we just booked no JS were available.

The double points is a plus.

Laura

We like to get a JS if the price is right. We enjoy relaxing in our room if we feel like it and like to have a room service breaky when we choose. We have had an E category on Radiance and we felt like we had to get out as there was not enough room on the 1 1/2 seater couch to relax and read. Hardly enough room to get dressed around a person sitting on the sofa. We find a D category quite comfortable though.

Some people say they don't spend much time in the cabin, I say that I like to have the choice of where I want to be. My holiday, my personal preferences.

So to us about a 10-20% premium would be ballpark, but it really depends on the time we want to go and the ports. We have picked a Voyager trip next year as the JS was not much dearer than the D with the BOGOHO sale. We do like the double points, as we have really enjoyed the diamond benefits, and look forward to the diamond plus level, but would not pay a big premium just for that.

One more point is the possibility of an upgrade to Grand Suite. It happened once to us for a small price, so you never know! Only a small consideration, but something that does rate a thought :)

We had a JS on our last cruise - just the two of us, and it was heaven! The walk in closet was a DREAM! TONS of storage space for clothes. The cabin itself is massive compared to a D or E (on freedom class).

But one of the biggest benefits for us were the lounge chairs on the balcony. Most (I hear not all) JS have the Loungers on the balcony.

We didn't use the bathtub to have a bath, but the extra room over the "tube" showers in the other cabins is also very nice.

We spend a decent amount of time on our cabin - as long as we have a balcony. On top of sleeping, and getting ready for other activities, we lounge about in the cabin for 2-3 hours each day in between all of the activities, and meals.

So, having a nice cabin really pays off for us. We've done the inside cabin route, and we found it was too much time trying to find "stuff to do" around the ship. We really enjoy sitting on the balcony reading a book, having a snooze, etc. A JS takes it to the next level for us.

I hope so. I just took advantage of the sale and upgraded my husband and I from a D2 to a JS. I did it because this will be our first B2B cruise, and since we'll be on board for two weeks, I thought the extra space would be nice. It worked out that we can stay in the same room for both weeks, too.

Our first B2B in our first JS. Freedom of the Seas is a new ship and class for us too. We're super excited.

Hubby and I decided to go for a JS because I wanted more room when we did our 10 day cruise. I wanted a bigger closet and the bathtub was a really nice treat.

We got priority check-in at the pier and a nice little waiting area, and there were bathrobes in our cabin. Other than that, I don't know of any perks. If there were any, we didn't take advantage. Honestly, that walk-in closet was awesome, there was room for everything and it was big enough to get changed in. :D

It depends on the JS and where it is located the ones in the aft on the IOS are small and you cannot change in them. But the balconies are huge. I do recommend the JS as you do get 2x points. It is nice having the very large bathroom as well.

It depends on the JS and where it is located the ones in the aft on the IOS are small and you cannot change in them. But the balconies are huge. I do recommend the JS as you do get 2x points. It is nice having the very large bathroom as well.

Is this true? I know the aft balconies are much larger, but I've never heard that the aft JS cabins are smaller than side JS cabins.

I hope so. I just took advantage of the sale and upgraded my husband and I from a D2 to a JS. I did it because this will be our first B2B cruise, and since we'll be on board for two weeks, I thought the extra space would be nice. It worked out that we can stay in the same room for both weeks, too.

Our first B2B in our first JS. Freedom of the Seas is a new ship and class for us too. We're super excited.

I can't wait to do a B2B but not until 2016. We book a JS on longer cruises but if it's just a week, we book a regular balcony cabin. And the sad thing is when I enter the balcony cabin the first day, I always wish it was a JS! :D

Is this true? I know the aft balconies are much larger, but I've never heard that the aft JS cabins are smaller than side JS cabins.

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the closet not being large enough to change in.........

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the closet not being large enough to change in.........

The JS on the Freedom Class Ships on the Aft are smaller than the ones on the hump or further down mid ship , we did an impromptu cabin crawl with 2 others on our table who had JS's as well on our last cruise. The closet you cannot change inside with the one in the aft, as you can in the others mid ship or on the hump. The bathroom is still the same size though and the Tub is a nice feature to have. It is not a lot smaller but when you compare it to the other JS's you can see the difference. The Balcony is huge though. You do get some soot from the engines on the aft balcony and found you do tend to feel the waves/vibrations more as well but not enough to make it uncomfortable. 6th and 7th floors cabins tend to have a little obstructed view but still very nice for sail-a-ways.

Would we go for another Aft, if one came up yes we would take it, as it was nice to get a lot of Sun and you can see the sunrises and sunsets from the aft. cabins.

Edited by Folk Singer

The JS on the Freedom Class Ships on the Aft are smaller than the ones on the hump or further down mid ship , we did an impromptu cabin crawl with 2 others on our table who had JS's as well on our last cruise. The closet you cannot change inside as you can in the others. The bathroom is still the same size though and the Tub is a nice feature to have.

Hi Don! Nice to see you posting again!

Laura for our last cruise out of Sydney, we treated ourselves to a JS for cruise # 1 & 2 but dropped back to a D-1 for the 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver and got spoiled.

We normally go a D-1 but suddenly that cabin seemd terribly small after a 13 + 18 day cruises in a JS.:)

Edited by Desert Cruizers

The JS on the Freedom Class Ships on the Aft are smaller than the ones on the hump or further down mid ship , we did an impromptu cabin crawl with 2 others on our table who had JS's as well on our last cruise. The closet you cannot change inside with the one in the aft, as you can in the others mid ship or on the hump. The bathroom is still the same size though and the Tub is a nice feature to have. It is not a lot smaller but when you compare it to the other JS's you can see the difference. The Balcony is huge though. You do get some soot from the engines on the aft balcony and found you do tend to feel the waves/vibrations more as well but not enough to make it uncomfortable. 6th and 7th floors cabins tend to have a little obstructed view but still very nice for sail-a-ways.

Would we go for another Aft, if one came up yes we would take it, as it was nice to get a lot of Sun and you can see the sunrises and sunsets from the aft. cabins.

I'd have to disagree....

Just got off the Liberty 30 days ago and stayed in aft cabin JS 1406. We also did a cabin crawl and visited a JS down the hall. Everyone in our group felt that my JS was larger with, as you stated, a much larger balcony. Didn't open the closet to compare. Didn't see any JS's on aft deck seven though. We could also see above the structure on the back which was nice. I recommend this cabin over any other on freedom class ships.

Shelton

I disagree too since my sister and I book a Jr. Suite 9 times out of 10. And how much time we decide to spend in our "cabin" is only our concern not ours.

Opinions will vary depending the situation. But for me I rather have a real suite or I stay in my balcony. A JS for me is like driving a Lexus with cheap tires

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey, if money is tight for you, then by all means stick to a regular balcony. I'm happy to pay for the extra space so we're not on top of each other. The JS feels more like a regular hotel room, not a cabin on a cruise ship.

It's worth it just to avoid the tiny showers in the Balcony staterooms. We're in our mid 60's and we enjoyed the tub/shower.