What room did you get?

Booking a balcony guarantee (x) on the Explorer sailing 06/19/2014

There are E1s, D3, D2 and D1s available. Also some junior suites.

We are diamond level with 160 points prior to sailing

Wondering what room level did you get when you booked a guarantee balcony?

Generally, you will get a D or E type stateroom. You could get a better category, but it's not very likely.

Once the stateroom has been assigned, they will usually let you change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category of your assignment.

Edited by clarea

Your points mean nothing, you will probably get the room no one wants. Good luck.

I have always done well with guarantees. Make sure you keep an eye on your reservation because once they assign your cabin, if there is another one in the same category that you like better you can get it changed. I just booked a JS guarantee and was hoping for a suite but was assigned a JS. (I am diamond plus with 217 points.) I was able to move my JS to a better deck. My fingers are crossed that my C&A status might get me upgraded still...it has happened before! Good luck to you.

I've only booked a guarantee once and ended up with an aft balcony. The balcony was huge and I loved being on the back of the ship! My sister booked a guarantee at the same time and she ended up with a JS mid-ship which she loved. We had been watching the cabins that were available for weeks before we got our assignments and we were talking about what our ideal assignments would be out of the ones that were available. She wanted an upgrade so they could have a bigger cabin and I said I wanted an aft cabin. So, we got very, very lucky and got exactly what we hoped for!!

We did a balcony guarantee on Liberty for the transatlantic in October. We were assigned a cabin right away. Based on helpful recommendations from this board, I called and changed it to a center hump balcony. Could not be more pleased. The price we paid using the guarantee category was about $1100 less than what it would have cost to book that category directly. For us, it worked out wonderfully.

We did a balcony guarantee on Liberty for the transatlantic in October. We were assigned a cabin right away. Based on helpful recommendations from this board, I called and changed it to a center hump balcony. Could not be more pleased. The price we paid using the guarantee category was about $1100 less than what it would have cost to book that category directly. For us, it worked out wonderfully.

My uncle and I are on the same TA and booked a balcony guarantee and got a D3 on deck six towards the bow the next day. Changed it to one towards the aft (a lot less noise in the back of deck six vs the middle or bow). Also saved over $1000. Not even sure why RCCL posted this savings when soo few balconies were left??

Shelton

Nor do I from what I recall.

There are 42 balconies left including JS

I certainly don't expect, but would like a JS:)

None of those still open seem to be in a poor location. The lowest category still open are in great locations.

I was just wondering what other Diamond members have been assigned in the past

When it comes to gty assignments, I do not believe your Diamond status will matter. If both buy the same gty category at the same time, I believe a first timer and a D+ have the same odds of getting a nice (or not so nice) stateroom assignment.

After the gty assignments are made, and after the revenue department does their bit, maybe C&A desk will be given the chance to upgrade a few guests...that is when you can hope your D status may help you to be one of those few.

I have gotten D's and E's on past X bookings.