Shows on Freedom of the Seas

We are sailing on August 10-17 Eastern sailing........I've been on the Freedom before but seem to have forgotten... Do you reserve ALL the shows on line before sailing (like on the Allure) or just reserve for the Ice Show?

Also, are the main shows still the same? I have read somewhere they were changed. Are they still the Headliner, Once Upon a Time, Marquee and Freedom Ice?

When/how can I find out who the headliner is?

Thanks for any replies....

We are sailing on August 10-17 Eastern sailing........I've been on the Freedom before but seem to have forgotten... Do you reserve ALL the shows on line before sailing (like on the Allure) or just reserve for the Ice Show?

Also, are the main shows still the same? I have read somewhere they were changed. Are they still the Headliner, Once Upon a Time, Marquee and Freedom Ice?

No, you don't reserve any shows in advance on Freedom - none, other than the ice show, require reservations. And the ice show time is now determined by your muster station number or you can go standby.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We went last October...I don't think there was even an option to reserve shows. Not like shows on Allure and Oasis where you need to have reservations.

You are correct, there is no option to reserve shows on Freedom, nor would it be necessary. Freedom is typical of the standard entertainment and activities on board most RCI ships. Only those ships - Oasis class and upcoming Quantum class (and I believe Liberty) that feature the Broadway style shows provide that option.

In particular, Oasis class (and Quantum class) with its many entertainment venues - most with limited seating in comparison to the 6,000+ passengers on boar - require the advanced reservations to balance the various venues with the passenger load on board to assure everyone has an opportunity to see every show offered.

Request the headliner info from [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on the Allure & Oasis and have really enjoyed most of the shows. Those were my first 2 cruises.

I have a cruise booked for Dec 14 for my sister, niece and daughter on Freedom Eastern. Are the shows on Freedom comparable to Oasis/Allure?

Thanks

Sue

I have been on the Allure & Oasis and have really enjoyed most of the shows. Those were my first 2 cruises.

I have a cruise booked for Dec 14 for my sister, niece and daughter on Freedom Eastern. Are the shows on Freedom comparable to Oasis/Allure?

Thanks

Sue

I would say that the shows on Freedom while very good, are not as spectacular as on Oasis and Allure.

Edited by clarea

Thanks

Sue

They are very good, but not as good as Oasis. If you were to give Oasis a 10/10 for shows, I would give Freedom and 8/10.

We went last October...I don't think there was even an option to reserve shows. Not like shows on Allure and Oasis where you need to have reservations.

We cruised last October also and made the ice show reservation before the cruise online. It is the only show that you can make reservation for ahead of time. Reserving ahead of time will ensure that you can get the best seat possible before they let the people without reservations in. Once they let the people with non reservations in the seats are first come first served even if you made advance reservations. :cool:

I am on this same cruise! We called to book jet skis for Cocoa Cay and the lady automatically asked when we wanted and signed us up. Wasn't even aware you had to book a spot. 39 days!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, you don't reserve any shows in advance on Freedom - none, other than the ice show, require reservations. And the ice show time is now determined by your muster station number or you can go standby.

Since when? We just got off FOS Sunday and had no problems booking ice show reservations before getting on board.

As far as comparable to Oasis/Allure, while there isn't one show that's a single story (Hairspray/Chicago), I thought the staging and talent were on par with Oasis. I wasn't as impressed with the ice show on Freedom as I was with Oasis, but that's more of a personal preference.

I believe only Explorer does the ice show reservations by muster station.