What is it About the Oceania Mattresses?

Aloha 1

That's true, but if you do it that way you would just have to trust that the 400 Count Tone on Tone sheets are the same as the Oceania linens; it's not as if the packaging references the Cruise Line in any way.

I thought that seeing and touching them in the store would be a benefit, and HomeGoods is a fairly nationwide chain now. They are certainly all over California.

We have them in Texas! I know there is one fairly close to us!:D

You are welcome! :) Wow! That makes me happy that I could contribute something and especially something that you did not know! :eek: You are one of the ones I always look to for advice! :D

Thank YOU!!! An up date is coming on the linens!! LuAnn

re linens used on O.....

OK...here is what I was just told by a staff member at the store here in San Diego...BTW...I was wrong...at least in SD they do have a separate store...but in some locations they are a part of (within the store) of TJ Maxx and/or Marshalls.....which is what I had seen on their website for SD.....

They HAVE carried them...but this is like what in So Cal is "Big Lots"...as in...they carry "over" items...similar to what one CC member mentioned as in "Overstock"....

They have had them "in the past"..."don't have them now" and they were "very expensive"....

I will try Overstock and Frette and see what I can find!!! Thanks to all for your help and advice!!!

Oh...the lengths I will go to ....to pretend I'm on an O ship!!! :D LuAnn

re linens used on O.....

OK...here is what I was just told by a staff member at the store here in San Diego...BTW...I was wrong...at least in SD they do have a separate store...but in some locations they are a part of (within the store) of TJ Maxx and/or Marshalls.....which is what I had seen on their website for SD.....

They HAVE carried them...but this is like what in So Cal is "Big Lots"...as in...they carry "over" items...similar to what one CC member mentioned as in "Overstock"....

They have had them "in the past"..."don't have them now" and they were "very expensive"....

I will try Overstock and Frette and see what I can find!!! Thanks to all for your help and advice!!!

Oh...the lengths I will go to ....to pretend I'm on an O ship!!! :D LuAnn

Please let me know if you locate them!:)

• 8 months later...

I loved the Matermoll Prestige mattress on the Marina. They can be purchased through Oceania web site and it asks for a coupon or discount code. Anyone know haw to get that discount code?

I am currently on Riviera...and looking at the brochure that O gave us in the cabin...no mention of a discount code. I will check for you at the front desk and let you know...I was told by a fellow passenger that you can purchase this mattress from other sources for less $$ than on the O website...I will find out about that and get back to you as well...LuAnn

I'm not sure I'd buy one, but I do enjoy them when we cruise.

Rick

We bought the mattress in King size. Found it to be much firmer than those on the ship and returned it. Cost of the experience...about $800. I do have to say that the supplier was most courteous and indeed our problem could have been because the mattresses on the ships are more "broken in," although we did try it for several weeks and it did not seem to get any better.

• 10 months later...

dlouise, I would like a description of the mattress please. Would you classify it as firm, medium, soft upon arrival? I need something with a support and no too soft. I remember loving it on NCL in the Haven and we were going to order it but my husband is reminding me we drank a lot of drinks that cruise so that my memory of loving it may be biased! Thanks!

Edited by conandrob240

We bought the mattress in King size. Found it to be much firmer than those on the ship and returned it. Cost of the experience...about $800. I do have to say that the supplier was most courteous and indeed our problem could have been because the mattresses on the ships are more "broken in," although we did try it for several weeks and it did not seem to get any better.

The mattress on our recent, and first, Oceania cruise has to be the biggest disappointment of our cruise. I only mentioned it briefly in one of the other threads because they were so focused on the virus and cleaning issues.

When we arrived in our stateroom, I knew by taking one look at the bed that it was not what I expected. Looked like most all other cruise beds we have had (which I do find comfortable for the most part.)

Upon further inspection, the bed appeared too soft for my liking and my side dipped down badly in the middle. It was like sleeping in a small hammock. Not good when you are a side sleeper. :( I stuck it out for 3 nights because of the virus cleaning and the fact that we did not have a permanent room attendant. Had terrible hip and back pain and very little sleep.

A fellow CC member told me I should report it, so I finally did ask that my mattress be replaced. Much better, but still not what I would call a great, comfortable mattress.

BEFORE:

IMG_1300_zpstv1lfpbq.jpg

IMG_1302_zpsp89kproj.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_1267_zpsig7xxr09.jpg

IMG_1431_zpsbqvg5qic.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

We have had this mattress for about three years and we love it. It is not too soft at all.

It has retained its shape. I am a side sleeper and our mattress is like the day we bought it. I think blue gel insert that really keeps me cool, no more hot flashes, can be removed by unzipping the pillow top and that will make the mattress even firmer.

[quote name='janecambridge']Do they still have those headboards? Material? Yuk!:eek:[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to the headboards in my photos, those were taken just 2 or so weeks ago, so the answer is yes!

[QUOTE]dlouise We have had this mattress for about three years and we love it. It is not too soft at all.
It has retained its shape. I am a side sleeper and our mattress is like the day we bought it. I think blue gel insert that really keeps me cool, no more hot flashes, can be removed by unzipping the pillow top and that will make the mattress even firmer. [/QUOTE]

I could not tell if there was a cooling gel pad in my mattress. I know I was hot, but think that was because the bed swallowed me up!

I have a cooling gel pad on my new Tempurpedic mattress and it does do a wonderful job of keeping the hot flashes away. :D

I am not trying to knock the Oceania mattress. Most everyone seems to love it, but I wanted to give my experience as it being too soft...not to mention the few days that I slept on that obviously broken mattress. ;)