Complimentary Internet for Suites?

Thumper69

Thanks. I emailed them Thursday night around 9 pm or so Eastern time. Haven't heard back. I basically said I read that it was back on the suite perks and was thrilled but then saw something on their Facebook page that it was in error and wanted to know what was correct. Maybe I'll hear Monday. Obviously I would love the OBC but mostly because it was given to others. It is not the main reason I emailed them.

Have not received a response to my email but now I do have the Goodwill OBC for my Hawaii cruise where I'm in a window suite.

I did not receive an answer to my email but 2 days later upon checking my booking I noticed a $50pp credit. Happy!

I just received the email from them. They basically said what other people said. Probably a form letter. They apologized for the website being inaccurate. Said they are always reevaluating things and have added things although the things they mentioned were in effect before they took away the unlimited internet. Anyways…. it was a mistake on their part and I understand that. I appreciate the Goodwill credit they gave me and I am sure you do too even without receiving an email explaining it. Happy cruising!

I just received the email from them. They basically said what other people said. Probably a form letter. They apologized for the website being inaccurate. Said they are always reevaluating things and have added things although the things they mentioned were in effect before they took away the unlimited internet. Anyways…. it was a mistake on their part and I understand that. I appreciate the Goodwill credit they gave me and I am sure you do too even without receiving an email explaining it. Happy cruising!

We have 2 bookings in full suites. One

this Sept. & one in Oct. 2015. I now notice they have changed the pdf. file so it does not say free internet minutes. And has the Escape Completely on the top. So is it too late for me to call Princess & get my $50.00 goodwill on board credit.

Edited by Ronnieslady

We have 2 bookings in full suites. One

this Sept. & one in Oct. 2015. I now notice they have changed the pdf. file so it does not say free internet minutes. And has the Escape Completely on the top. So is it too late for me to call Princess & get my $50.00 goodwill on board credit.

You have nothing to lose by calling.

No one can answer that but Princess.

Mike:)

I sent an email yesterday and this morning I received the Goodwill credit. In the past, it has taken weeks to get an issue resolved. I

I am impressed with the prompt response and the compensation. Thank you, Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by skf View Post

I was told the suites did in fact have a CD/DVD player when they did not.

We were not pleased with the lack of captioning on the non-suite TV and raised unholy HE** with Customer Service until they agreed to get us a DVD player so we could watch movies.

Point of story...they are available to be installed.

Steve

What suite was this?

We have never had a suite that didn't have a DVD player.It was a Mini-Suite. We could not get any captioning even on the ship's movies and raised a stink until they gave us a DVD.

What I didn't really make clear is that if you have a Suite without a DVD, the electronics techs can install one.

Edited by skf

You were very lucky to get that DVD player.

LUCK AND DETERMINATION!

They knew we were upset about the lack of captions and that we were not going to leave until they did something about it.

You were very lucky to get that DVD player.

LUCK AND DETERMINATION!

They knew we were upset about the lack of captions and that we were not going to leave until they did something about it.

If you have a hearing impairment, they should provide a device that will offer CC to their programming. If they don't do this, some places (not necessarily cruise lines) will provide infra-red/ headphone systems.

I have noticed that Princess is pretty good about working with people who have disabilities. I am glad they were able to install the DVD player (assuming you needed it for your hearing impairment).

Edited by TracieABD

We were just on the Ruby in an aft cabin and the internet connection was terrible, the worst on any ship we've sailed on! The logon/logoff process was broken(admitted by the internet guy) said he would credit the minutes, he was so frustrated. He said only Princess Management could correct. Anyway we are on a TA in October in a suite so the perk would be nice because DH will have to keep up with football. We used our allocated 500 min in about five days just checking on our family:(.

We were just on the Ruby in an aft cabin and the internet connection was terrible, the worst on any ship we've sailed on! The logon/logoff process was broken(admitted by the internet guy) said he would credit the minutes, he was so frustrated. He said only Princess Management could correct. Anyway we are on a TA in October in a suite so the perk would be nice because DH will have to keep up with football. We used our allocated 500 min in about five days just checking on our family:(.

Unfortunately, that perk is no more...

Sure hope it is fixed by Sept. Wonder if opening the door would help with connnection. I think I read this a while back here on CC boards, but not sure if aft cabins, this woud help. Does anyone know???? Maybe I should start a new thread on this topic?????

Sure hope it is fixed by Sept. Wonder if opening the door would help with connnection. I think I read this a while back here on CC boards, but not sure if aft cabins, this woud help. Does anyone know???? Maybe I should start a new thread on this topic?????

I had a terrible connection in a cabin on Coral.

It was improved by opening the door.

I complained several times.

They came and checked. Left me a voicemail that said it

was fine in the hallway. No kidding?

I'm pretty sure I will never be able to sail in a suite but it's still a bummer that abuse of the Internet privilege by some caused the perk to be removed.

Although I won't be sailing in a suite I will (one of these days) be Elite and I greatly fear the laundry privilege will be rescinded before I ever get a chance to enjoy it due to a similar abuse by passengers who are having laundry done for others who aren't entitled to that perk. I hope this isn't the case but it wouldn't surprise me to find that, by the time I make it to Elite, the laundry perk is gone.

I must be really oblivious or unobservant because in our past many cruises in suites, I've never heard or seen anyone sharing their password for internet use, including when it was unlimited. I've also never seen anyone sending out bags and bags of laundry each day. I won't say it doesn't happen but in my experience from people in cabins around us, neither suite people or elite people abused their perks. On our just completed cruise where we had booked the all-inclusive beverage package, the servers paid attention and would have known if someone was ordering multiple drinks in a very short span of time. I find reports that "some saw" or "some said" ones that should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not disputing that there may be abuses but I don't think they are as widespread as some believe.

I must be really oblivious or unobservant because in our past many cruises in suites, I've never heard or seen anyone sharing their password for internet use, including when it was unlimited.

One does not have to share passwords to cause a great deal of bandwidth to be used. For example, some passengers knowing the usage was unlimited would leave it connected all of the time.

In the past the number of passengers using the Internet at any one time was limited to the number of computers in the Internet Cafe and the number of computers in suites.

Now there is the potential for every passenger to have at least one Internet capable device. They are not all trying to connect at once, but sometimes it seems like they are.

I think that if Princess felt a cutback on free suite Internet usage was needed they should have at least allowed the same number of free minutes that platinum and elite passengers get. And if a suite passenger was already platinum of elite the suite minutes would be in addition to that benefit.

Edited by caribill

I think that if Princess felt a cutback on free suite Internet usage was needed they should have at least allowed the same number of free minutes that platinum and elite passengers get. And if a suite passenger was already platinum of elite the suite minutes would be in addition to that benefit.

That sounds entirely reasonable. Perhaps that's why it isn't the policy...:eek:

I just find it difficult to comprehend how 30 suites could make that much difference in bandwidth among 3000 passengers even if EVERY suite stayed connected 24/7 and gave their password to another cabin.

I still think it was about nothing more than money.

I just find it difficult to comprehend how 30 suites could make that much difference in bandwidth among 3000 passengers even if EVERY suite stayed connected 24/7 and gave their password to another cabin.

I still think it was about nothing more than money.

I agree. I thought it was especially cheap when Princess didn't grandfather in people who had booked and paid for suites and who were not platinum or elite when they changed the internet policy. We sailed with some people who were in the other Owner's Suite who had never sailed with Princess before. Despite the fact that when they booked it was listed as a suite perk, they were under the impression that they had no internet minutes. I had brought a copy of the e-mail I received from Princess stating that we were grandfathered in and our friends were able to also have the same perk. BTW, we had to present our e-mail to get it. It was initially disputed.

I agree. I thought it was especially cheap when Princess didn't grandfather in people who had booked and paid for suites and who were not platinum or elite when they changed the internet policy.

Everyone who booked before the cutoff date (July 15, 2012, I think?) was grandfathered in. They didn't receive it automatically, they did have to request it, but Princess didn't just give the grandfathering to people at a certain CC level.

They did handle the whole thing pretty terribly, though.

If you have a hearing impairment, they should provide a device that will offer CC to their programming

Tracie, you are right, but captioning was not available for even the Princess movie Channel.