Complimentary Internet for Suites?

Thumper69

I called and no luck. I emailed and received a voicemail from Princess saying they were sorry and indeed it was an error. They gave us a 50 OBC as well. Emailed back thanking them but telling them they should honor their word as it would help create a great overall customer experience. Will see if I get a response.

Update:

I received a call from Princess. They rescinded my free internet. Boo :(

However, they offered my $50 in OBC for the inconvenience. I just did not have enough fight in me to argue it, so I took the OBC.

We will see what happens next!

Well, consider yourself fortunate - I was offered $25 OBC, and I didn't feel like arguing, either. I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with customer relations guiding the person to the pdf. She said the $25 was for the time I spent helping her...

Well, consider yourself fortunate - I was offered $25 OBC, and I didn't feel like arguing, either. I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with customer relations guiding the person to the pdf. She said the $25 was for the time I spent helping her...

I spent about 20 minutes on so $50 is ok with me. Now we have to see if they actually put in on the booking. Time will tell.

I spent about 20 minutes on so $50 is ok with me. Now we have to see if they actually put in on the booking. Time will tell.

I just checked my cruise personalizer, and there's a $25 OBC for "Customer Goodwill" - I'll take the $25, but not sure how much customer goodwill was formed...

The free unlimited internet is still noted on the website and I posted that on the Princess Facebook site. Promises should be honored especially when they are placed in print.

If they promise this and don't honor it what will disappear next, free laundry, mini bar set up? Guess we'll find out.

I read a lot of complaints about this "oops" that Princess made, but so far no one has commented on "why" the benefit was terminated in the first place.
Lots of theories and rumors. Most likely was due to abuse. Granted, it was "unlimited" but people were offering free unlimited to all their friends and family not booked in the suite. That's the reason that makes the most sense to me.

I read a lot of complaints about this "oops" that Princess made, but so far no one has commented on "why" the benefit was terminated in the first place.

Nothing but rumor.

Princess never gave a reason, just stated that it had ended and grandfathered those with prior bookings.

They did offer a first evenings dinner in a specialty restaurant as sort of a restitution.

Mike:)

Lots of theories and rumors. Most likely was due to abuse. Granted, it was "unlimited" but people were offering free unlimited to all their friends and family not booked in the suite. That's the reason that makes the most sense to me.

You keep posting this but you don't know for sure. You never stay in suites so how do you really know? We always book suites and don't offer our password to others and I truely don't think many people do. The free internet being taken away comes up many times during Sabitini's breakfast and you would be surprised how many people said they hardly used any minutes at all. If anyone does, it is people that get upgrades. They know that will be the only time they will e in a suite so they take advantage of every perk and they do let friends use their password.

You could say the same thing for laundry - many people post that they send laundry out for friends and family - that is abuse - why isn't it taken away as a perk?

We had booked a full suite in the spring of 2012. When they changed the internet policy in June, I was among those complaining loudly here, on Facebook, and to customer relations that they should honor bookings made prior to the change. It took them a couple of days but they indeed did agree to keep this benefit for earlier bookings. I printed their email to me as well as their response to my Facebook post and it's a good thing I did. The first person I talked to at the passenger services desk on the cruise laughed at me and said they would never agree to that. So I asked for a supervisor and showed them the print outs. Got an apology about how it was initially handled and they agreed to take care of the charges. It left a sour taste in my mouth having to argue multiple times for what I was entitled to.

Edited by azbirdmom

You keep posting this but you don't know for sure. You never stay in suites so how do you really know? We always book suites and don't offer our password to others and I truely don't think many people do. The free internet being taken away comes up many times during Sabitini's breakfast and you would be surprised how many people said they hardly used any minutes at all. If anyone does, it is people that get upgrades. They know that will be the only time they will e in a suite so they take advantage of every perk and they do let friends use their password.

You could say the same thing for laundry - many people post that they send laundry out for friends and family - that is abuse - why isn't it taken away as a perk?

Very valid points.....:):):)

Bob

Other possibility:

When this was first a benefit in a suite, it was for use on a Princerss computer in a suite and on the Internet Cafe computers. This is back when those were the only passenger computers on a ship. Bandwidth was not a problem and less than 50 computers would be using the Internet at once. Fast forward to a couple of years ago. A very high percentage of passengers had WIFI Internet devices, from smart phones to net books to PCs to notebooks. Bandwidth usage was a problem. Many in a suite would leave their devices Internet connected 100% of the time, using bandwidth even when not near the devices. The suite benefit simply became too much a drag on the system.

At one time the Platinum and Elite Internet benefit was also unlimited. Then it was cut back to x minutes depending on the length of the cruise. Many Platinum and Elite members found this allotment was adequate.

Some suggested, and I agree with them, that instead of eliminating the suite Internet benefit, x minutes should be included, just like with the platinum and elite benefit. Not unlimited, but a reasonable number of minutes to use.

Well, other than internet, which is not a suite benefit, can someone list the suite benefits? Thanks

http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/suite.html

Which also links to http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf (which looks like they just put the old one back up, as we're back to "escape completely" again)

Not to add to any thread drift, but has anyone been able to locate any written official word from Princess as to what services are provided by the concierge lounge on the Royal and Regal? Obviously some of the info on the above links is as much as two years out of date...but is the lack of anything on the record regarding the concierge lounges intentional?

Not to add to any thread drift, but has anyone been able to locate any written official word from Princess as to what services are provided by the concierge lounge on the Royal and Regal? Obviously some of the info on the above links is as much as two years out of date...but is the lack of anything on the record regarding the concierge lounges intentional?

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Royal-Princess-Deck-by-Deck.html

Concierge Lounge

For the first time on a Princess ship, suite passengers have use of a dedicated concierge lounge, an exclusive area to relax or work, with access to full front desk services, plus light snacks and beverages. Here, these passengers have dedicated staff to assist with such things as shore excursions, specialty dining or Lotus Spa reservations. The space also serves as a private disembarkation lounge for suite passengers. Seat 24

(random tip: if you put site : princess.com (without the spaces) in your Google search, it will return search results from that website!)

Edited by likeadisguise

The fact that Princess chose to bury it under 'News Center' speaks for itself.

Safe to say that if anyone printed this off and inquired at the purser's desk "I don't see [this particular feature] onboard, where is it?" the answer would be "That information was written for the media, not passengers".

.... there isn't something happening and it just got released before it has been approved.

Why do I say this?

Because, despite what we are being told, what was put up the other day was NOT AN OLD VERSION and, to the best of my knowledge, the combination of benefits shown the other day has NEVER been on offer before.

I say this because the package published the other day had

a) unlimited internet

and

b) free first night at speciality dining

but not

c) priority booking for Cays Bungalows and Ultimate Ship's Tour

The package which preceded the current one was a + c but not b and, unless I am mistaken, free first night speciality dining was only introduced when they took away the internet in June 2012 which is why I am almost certain that this was the first time unlimited internet and free speciality dining have been offered at the same time.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

I agree Compozer.

I think it was strictly a revenue move and had nothing to do with abuse.

Mike:)