rebooking questions

trenz

I booked through a TA and final payment is Tuesday the 24th. If I call my TA and rebook to take advantage of any sale NCL has this weekend I was wondering:

1) would I get to keep the cabin I picked

2) what happens to the UDP I purchased and the reservations I already made online. Do they get cancelled/refunded?

Thanks

Yes, you would keep your cabin and anything you've paid for, provided your TA is competent, You only stand to lose anything free that you've been given. That is unless the same promotion currently exists.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

Thanks. I booked a balcony and got the La Cucina, chocolate covered strawberries, and bottle of wine promotion. We don't drink wine and have the UDP so the La Cucina isn't useful. I am hoping for a better dash sale this weekend.

I was worried about losing my cabin but I will check with the TA. Also, the NCL website says limited availability for the UDP so didn't want that to get cancelled and have it sold out

I booked through a TA and final payment is Tuesday the 24th. If I call my TA and rebook to take advantage of any sale NCL has this weekend I was wondering:

1) would I get to keep the cabin I picked

2) what happens to the UDP I purchased and the reservations I already made online. Do they get cancelled/refunded?

Thanks

It is about time this habit of cancelling and re-booking without any loss of deposit is withdrawn.

It is about time this habit of cancelling and re-booking without any loss of deposit is withdrawn.

I apologize if I have upset you. I came across a few of your posts while searching for my answer and you seem to be quite irritated about this topic.

Another poster in a thread on upgrading where you posted mentioned that someone from the UK gets upset when people in the US cancel with no penalty. If this referred to you than I apologize as the policies should be the same in any country. If this was not referring to you than I also apologize again.

I could understand your being upset if I wanted something after final payment but that is not the case here.

I would assume you have contacted NCL about your feelings on this topic. If you don't mind sharing could you let me know what their response was.

Thank you

I apologize if I have upset you. I came across a few of your posts while searching for my answer and you seem to be quite irritated about this topic.

Another poster in a thread on upgrading where you posted mentioned that someone from the UK gets upset when people in the US cancel with no penalty. If this referred to you than I apologize as the policies should be the same in any country. If this was not referring to you than I also apologize again.

I could understand your being upset if I wanted something after final payment but that is not the case here.

I would assume you have contacted NCL about your feelings on this topic. If you don't mind sharing could you let me know what their response was.

Thank you

I cancel and rebook up until final payment if the rate is lower. There is no reason not to. I've saved $800 on my upcoming Epic cruise alone doing this.

Edited by SissasMomE

not that it matters much, but if you cancel and rebook; you will loose those extra latitudes points you get for booking 9 months or so in advance.

Correct. I did, but we're already platinum so it didn't matter (to me).

To the posters giving a hard time, my PCC contacted ME the last time to let me know about the lower price. It is quite acceptable to do this before final payment.

There won't be a sale this weekend.

And why did you book in the first place if your were not happy with wine and LaCucina deal. Sometimes in life you can't have your cake and eat it to.

I also have to agree with Ewoodspark

I like to save money where and how I can, but if you prefer to do it your way, and not bother trying to save money, so be it. I will continue to take advice from my PCC and upgrade when the price is beneficial to us and if that means that we end up getting a suite for $5-6 hundred less than someone else, so be it. I think we should be able to reap the benefits of our vigilance.

You are free to do as you wish, that is what Freestyle is all about.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you

The response from NCL as you requested.

Norwegian Cruise Line is one company, however the UK office will operate under UK Law as this is where we reside and terms and conditions are governed by the UK Law. If you booked via the US office they will have different terms and conditions and different laws that they must adhere too.

It is my personal view that if you cancel a booking at any time, the deposit should be lost

Norwegian Cruise Line is one company, however the UK office will operate under UK Law as this is where we reside and terms and conditions are governed by the UK Law. If you booked via the US office they will have different terms and conditions and different laws that they must adhere too.

It is my personal view that if you cancel a booking at any time, the deposit should be lost

But that is your opinion, not NCL's policy. If you book in the US, you are free to rebook before final payment. Why wouldn't one take advantage of this? If it's okay with NCL, then I'm sure people will rebook, and not worry about hurting the feelings of the UK cruisers.

Oh so everyone in the US should suffer because you can't rebook? Maybe you should be having this conversation with people in your Parliament, You also get better travel protections then Americans but you fail to mention that. 1st off it is an American company so yes Americans can & should benefit from that. & I don't hear British subjects complaining when they get double the conversion rate on their pounds when they come to America vs the American conversion to pounds where we lose half value on our money.

Sorry I can't feel that bad for you

Edited by iimmie

Oh so everyone in the US should suffer because you can't rebook? Maybe you should be having this conversation with people in your Parliament, You also get better travel protections then Americans but you fail to mention that. 1st off it is an American company so yes Americans can & should benefit from that. & I don't hear British subjects complaining when they get double the conversion rate on their pounds when they come to America vs the American conversion to pounds where we lose half value on our money.

Sorry I can't feel that bad for you

I take it from your comments that you are from USA. I am not interested in re-booking. All I am saying is that deposits should be lost if a booking is cancelled. What is the protection on booking.? ABTA only covers companies going into Liquidation. What are you talking about exchange rates for? Double conversion rates ?? The rate is £1 = $1.69. How exactly do you lose half your money?

not that it matters much, but if you cancel and rebook; you will loose those extra latitudes points you get for booking 9 months or so in advance.

If you upgrade vs. cancel do you also lose the extra latitudes points? Ex. book balcony at 9+ mos and then two mos prior to sail upgrade to mini suite or suite?

If you upgrade vs. cancel do you also lose the extra latitudes points? Ex. book balcony at 9+ mos and then two mos prior to sail upgrade to mini suite or suite?

That's certainly something to take into consideration before you make any changes. Make sure you ask the question FIRST! Sometimes they need to cancel your current booking and if they do you might lose everything or nothing, it depends.

We made changes to our next cruise and lost our extra latitudes points but we saved over $100/pp so we're ok with that. And we'll be platinum by the end of our next cruise anyway.

Enjoy your cruise.

Why do you want this? I don't understand how it hurts you if someone cancels and re-books, it encourages people to book earlier, so NCL has thier deposit for longer, earning interest, and then if the prices come down prior to final payment, they get the lower price. I just don't see how it hurts anyone, unless I'm missing something?

That's certainly something to take into consideration before you make any changes. Make sure you ask the question FIRST! Sometimes they need to cancel your current booking and if they do you might lose everything or nothing, it depends.

We made changes to our next cruise and lost our extra latitudes points but we saved over $100/pp so we're ok with that. And we'll be platinum by the end of our next cruise anyway.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks.

I take it from your comments that you are from USA. I am not interested in re-booking. All I am saying is that deposits should be lost if a booking is cancelled. What is the protection on booking.? ABTA only covers companies going into Liquidation. What are you talking about exchange rates for? Double conversion rates ?? The rate is £1 = $1.69. How exactly do you lose half your money?

I get about 58 to 60 pence on my dollar when I visit your country. You are getting $1.70 on your pound

Quite a big difference and also the reason my British friends do their Christmas shopping in Florida every December.