what do I need at boarding check in?

nanabananna

I have read several different things that I will need to get on the ship....

Please if you will let me know exactly what to have in hand. Seattle to Alaska US citizen.

I read I would need my medical card, passenger contract.

I know I will need my I.D. and Boarding pass but do I need the other?

I don't want to make others behind me wait so I am trying to get ahead of the game!!

thanks!

You need your proof of citizenship. Most use a passport for this. On some cruises, you can satisfy this requirement with a certified copy of your birth certificate and a government issued photo ID.

In addition, you need a way to cover your onboard expenses charged to your onboard account. Most do this with a credit card. Some use cash (US$) or a debit card

The only other thing is that Health Form they give to fill out once at the cruise terminal ... quick & easy to fill out ... basically just wants to know if you are currently sick or have been around anyone sick.

LuLu

Try to arrive at Pier 91 at 10:45am. Have your luggage tags properly attracted to your bags, per the instructions. They'll be someone at the front of the building to direct you where you take your luggage, it's a long corridor in the center of the building. Hand your luggage to the longshoremen running the X-Ray machine, they liked to be "Thanked". Go back out the corridor turn right and take the escalator upstairs. You'll enter the maze, just before you get to the X-ray machine for you carry on you'll have to show your passport and boarding pass, it nice to have them handy, there's nothing more frustrating than to be behind someone while there digging for there travel documents. Once you get though the carry on X-ray scanner go over to the health questionnaire desk and fill out a health questionnaire, then get in line to turn in your boarding pass, scan your credit card and get your room key etc.

If you get on the ship before 12:45 go to the Da Vinci dinning room for lunch, unless you want to go up to Horizon Court Buffet and fight the masses.

I read I would need my medical card, passenger contract.

Not needed in any way, shape or form for Princess.

(I assume you mean by medical card your medical insurance card. This will not be useful on the ship at all. Could be useful if you need medical care on land.)

Although the health questionnaire is only about two questions, it can take a while to fill out if you don't have a pen - a lot of times the table has only a few or all are in use. Strongly recommend you bring something to write with!

You will need in-hand your boarding pass, your passport and a credit card. It would be good to have the others handy, but I never been asked for them.

Do you still need a credit card in hand if you've pre-entered your cc info in the personalizer? If so, then why risk entering it ahead of time online?

I don't want to hold up the line, either :).

Do you still need a credit card in hand if you've pre-entered your cc info in the personalizer? If so, then why risk entering it ahead of time online?

I don't want to hold up the line, either :).

For the last several years I have just been asked if I wanted to still use the credit card that was entered on the personalizer. Saying "yes," I was not asked to show it.

If you wanted to use a different credit card you would need to show it.

For the last several years I have just been asked if I wanted to still use the credit card that was entered on the personalizer. Saying "yes," I was not asked to show it.

If you wanted to use a different credit card you would need to show it.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping.

I would have the credit card handy anyway; my experience has been that even though I am using the same card I entered on the Personalizer, they still swipe the card. Procedures may vary by port.

And once the card I had entered expired by the time I sailed; so you may want to check the expiration date. And by all means make sure your passport or other I.D. is current. I saw a couple denied boarding once because their passports had expired. It was heartbreaking.

Edited by f-mattox

...And by all means make sure your passport or other I.D. is current. I saw a couple denied boarding once because their passports had expired. It was heartbreaking.

I'm good for another 8 years, but thanks for mentioning! As I recall some ports require there to be 6 months remaining on a passport to be allowed entry. Some new cruisers may not see this in the fine print.

Edited by Ryndam2002

Although the health questionnaire is only about two questions, it can take a while to fill out if you don't have a pen - a lot of times the table has only a few or all are in use. Strongly recommend you bring something to write with!

Next cruise take a few extra forms and you cal fill them out at home and have them ready to go at the desk. No need to stop & fill out any form carrying you luggage in tow.

I'm good for another 8 years, but thanks for mentioning! As I recall some ports require there to be 6 months remaining on a passport to be allowed entry. Some new cruisers may not see this in the fine print.

Forgot about the 6 months remaining on the passport..........need to check mine ASAP!

Just be sure to fill out all the forms that Princess requests in the Cruise Personalizer ......online ........and I always make copies to have handy in case the information is requested upon checkin/boarding........never know!

Next cruise take a few extra forms and you cal fill them out at home and have them ready to go at the desk. No need to stop & fill out any form carrying you luggage in tow.

This doesn't work anymore...I had the generic form that was floating around on CC for awhile and brought my own. On our second cruise, the desk lady wasn't sure if she could use it and had to ask a supervisor. And since our third cruise, the form was pre-printed with the name of the ship already on it. That was true in LA, Houston and Ft. Lauderdale.

So if they continue to pre-print the name on the form, you would need to always book the same ship!!:rolleyes:

Not that I recommend this, but we were able to check in without our boarding passes on one cruise on another line (Carnival). I had left them on top of the car when we were getting our luggage out. They were still there when the cruise was over.

On a recent cruise we met a gentleman that had cruised many times and never contacted Noravirus but on this particular cruise he became ill. He was convinced it was from using the pencil to fill out the health form as they are so shared and that someone ill had previously used that pencil. Now we always use our own pen.

Not that I recommend this, but we were able to check in without our boarding passes on one cruise on another line (Carnival).

And, truth be told, you can check in on Princess without your boarding pass. However, it is much harder to get past security into the terminal without the boarding pass. Once you can manage that, checking in is just a little slower if you do not have the pass with you.

This doesn't work anymore...I had the generic form that was floating around on CC for awhile and brought my own. On our second cruise, the desk lady wasn't sure if she could use it and had to ask a supervisor. And since our third cruise, the form was pre-printed with the name of the ship already on it. That was true in LA, Houston and Ft. Lauderdale.

So if they continue to pre-print the name on the form, you would need to always book the same ship!!:rolleyes:

I've been crossing off the name of the ship for a few years now and have yet to have it rejected. (Mostly in Ft Lauderdale) I've got sufficient forms from all the ships except for a few including Regal & Royal but they'll be my next try to slip it past them. What's to lose?