!!!LIVE!!! from the Allure | Western Caribbean | 29 June 2014 | Pictures!!!

Good evening friends. Just settled in for the evening and figured out how to get online. Yes, I'm 40 so technology takes me a while to figgar' out but I'm here!

Lots of good times since I last left you. Sail away ended with us heading to the cabin to prepare for dinner. We had 6:45 MyTime dining booked. Upon arrival, we showed up simultaneously with new friends so we got a table for six for dinner. Deck 5 was booked up but there was a table for six on deck 4. We had great service with Tony and Alison. It was a little awkward being in a traditional dining setting as a MTD group. As our meal ended, all the other tables were vacant and we were left with the cacophonous sounds of silverware being placed for the next seating.

Tonight's evening adventure was Chicago. It was a very well-done show, although we were pretty wiped out from the day. Regardless, afterwards, Derrell and I did our traditional "up on deck" evening stroll. Not another ship or light in sight - the way we like it! Headed downstairs since we needed a "nightcap" so grabbed a milkshake and scoop of ice cream from the Parlor on the Boardwalk. Caught a little bit of Ocean Aria.

Headed back to Royal Promenade and, lo and behold, our friends were on the Rising Tide Bar! Joined them for a cocktail and ride up to Central Park. Bid our goodbyes and headed back to the cabin for some ZZZ's (and some posting to CC!). So here I am.

Loving your review! Have a wonderful time With your family:)

Thanks for taking us along:D

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Good morning from the Allure! I'm settling into my beach pool chair for the morning. Listening to some tunes, getting some reading in and posting a picture! I'm a pretty early riser and am excited when I can get my pick of chairs.

8a8ute5u.jpg

Life is pretty awful right now. [emoji6]

sent trying to use my HTC one smart phone

Good morning Ft Lauderdale and good morning Lady Allure!

(Aunt Linda had a blast last night for her birthday at Lip's-

a3uqe8ys.jpg

The dinner was great, service was excellent, entertainment was stunning and the ladies? Well, "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap." [emoji15] )

While I am sure you knew it, did aunt Linda realize that the "ladies" at Lips aren't? :D

A very nice review. Was out at neighbors yesterday so missed seeing you sail out on the web cam. Looking forward to more. Enjoy! :)

As expected, the beach pool has gotten much more crowded!

y2usesed

Took a brief break from my lounging to check in on the Meet and Mingle. Our activities director gave a good overview of the Allure and Oasis Class overall. Even talked about how RCL designs a ship of this size and "manages" how they make it not feel crowded. Fascinating. Of course, met some lovely folks from our roll call. Cruise Critic is just awesome.

Okay. Waiting for the servers to bring around the Miami Vices. More later!

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

While I am sure you knew it, did aunt Linda realize that the "ladies" at Lips aren't? :D

A very nice review. Was out at neighbors yesterday so missed seeing you sail out on the web cam. Looking forward to more. Enjoy! :)

You crack me up. Before I made the reservation, I asked her if she was okay going to a show bar with female impersonators. Somehow, she translated this to mean we were going to a karaoke bar.... Anyway, after our hostess seated us, Linda caught on pretty quickly. After much explaining, she settled in. The lady on the right side of the pic, Déjà, was our server who absolutely loved Linda. Called her "Momma.". Linda LOVED the attention. I'll see if I can post more pics as I took a ton!

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

When you sail, bring boca clips to anchor your towels, and 2 aren't enough. Clip the sides of your towel to the chair to avoid drippy towels.

tehe2e8y.jpg

I call this composition, "People Soup."

e9u4enev.jpg

Ever thought of a solar charger?

supaqybu.jpg

Practical in all sorts of ways. Charging smartphone batteries when doing a live review, as well as just in case the ship's power malfunctions... #carnivaltriumph

Can you also post daily cruise compass for the Western Carribean? We are going in September 2014.

I will do my best to scan and post when I get home. they are VERY helpful and I love to pay it forward.

This is great, thanks for the pics. We have the same itinerary on Oasis this coming January for my birthday so following along to see what we have to look forward to. :)

enjoy!

The sun took it all out of me so I headed back to the room for a shower and quick nap. Didn't have lunch so headed to Sorrento's for a couple slices.

ty5ezy7y.jpg

I do believe the Allure scavenger hunt is in progress as we've seen several families running by with checklists. We did one on the Oasis and it wore us out!

Some ship shots...

azaneqah.jpg

azy5apeb.jpg

Lots of wedding pictures set up

e9yhyvyg.jpg

Congrats on all the nuptials!

I noticed on your signature you sailed on the Southward which was our very first cruise. Great review by the way.

I barely remember but it may have prompted my cruise addiction!

You crack me up. Before I made the reservation, I asked her if she was okay going to a show bar with female impersonators. Somehow, she translated this to mean we were going to a karaoke bar.... Anyway, after our hostess seated us, Linda caught on pretty quickly. After much explaining, she settled in. The lady on the right side of the pic, Déjà, was our server who absolutely loved Linda. Called her "Momma.". Linda LOVED the attention. I'll see if I can post more pics as I took a ton!

LOL! Well, as soon as I saw the photo, and knowing Fort Lauderdale, I knew!

Actually I think I posted it more for the other folks at this forum! So far no one has seemed to notice! :D

"The Bird Cage", "La Cage aux Folles", with Gene Hackman, Nathan Lane, and Robin Williams. Now, that was a movie to remember!

You have a great cruise, and I will be watching your wonderful review! :)

The bacon strip is a nice touch. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Are you "k-ing" me?!!!!!!! That drink is in three words, A Maze Zing!

are you k-ing me is said, are you kaying me?! meaning, you gotta be kidding me.

That drink can't fit any more good stuff in it.......and bacon!

Are you K-ing Me?!

Dinner with our new friends in the MDR. It's now time for...

umy3asa6.jpg

I might have knocked some people down to get these seats.

3a6edu6a.jpg

Some aft shots...

9yguguju.jpg

a8ybeguh.jpg

Taken with my phone but I like this one

e8agajy9.jpg

Are you "k-ing" me?!!!!!!! That drink is in three words, A Maze Zing!

are you k-ing me is said, are you kaying me?! meaning, you gotta be kidding me.

That drink can't fit any more good stuff in it.......and bacon!

Are you K-ing Me?!

it was... a maze ing!

LOL! Well, as soon as I saw the photo, and knowing Fort Lauderdale, I knew!

Actually I think I posted it more for the other folks at this forum! So far no one has seemed to notice! :D

"The Bird Cage", "La Cage aux Folles", with Gene Hackman, Nathan Lane, and Robin Williams. Now, that was a movie to remember!

You have a great cruise, and I will be watching your wonderful review! :)

it'll be our secret[emoji5]

Is Katie still the activities manager on the Allure or is it someone else? We have seen Katie on several ships and are hoping to see her again on the Allure in August. Since you mentioned the activities manager at the meet n mingle, I though I would ask! Thanks!

So jealous you are on the Allure and I have to work all week! :)