Back to back cruises

majortom10

We are already booked to cruise on Emerald Princess from Southampton on 30/9/2014 and are considering booking the following cruise leaving Southampton on 14/10/2014. If we do is it classified as 1 booking or 2 and will we get 1 or 2 lots of benefits as Elite members and anybody know what the procedure is at changeover day, at the moment the cabin we have booked for 1st cruise is available on 2nd. Any help or advice would be most welcome.

If you are booking as 2 cruises you'll get the Elite benefits for both cruises (double internet time and 2 mini bar set ups). If you book it as one cruise you'll get only one of each (though there have been some reports that some people did get it on both legs of one cruise that was really a B2B).

As for the experience of being on board - you'll get a new cruise card (and they usually don't carry over the bill to the next cruise). You'll be told where to meet on board ship. Not sure about the UK but in the US they get you to leave the ship and reboard. If you are doing a shore excursion they will have you meet for that - I can't say when they do the new cruise card in that instance as we just stay on board (great chance to look at other staterooms on the ship). They will let you know which dining room is available for you (so you aren't in the rush for HC). One of the great things about a B2B is seeing all the suitcases outside doors the night before the end of the first cruise and yours isn't one of them.

Edited by dbeckett
correct spelling

For UK passengers I believe there would be a penalty for cancelling the initial booking to book both legs as one, so you would add the second cruise as a second booking. Either way if you do not automatically receive the in-cabin set-up and/or internet minutes, just ask and it should be taken care of. Also double-check with the circle host onboard to be sure you get two cruise credits.

Unlike in the US turnaround day in Southampton will not require you to jump through any hoops. If booked in the same cabin you should get one cruise card for your entire stay upon boarding, though the account must be settled at the end of each leg. If changing cabins you will receive instructions a day or so before.

If you are receiving shareholder OBC you would likely get less if you book as two cruises. $100 for each segment vs $250 for a single cruise. That may or may not be of concern to you.

I am not thinking of cancelling first cruise which is already booked then booking both together was just thinking of booking follow on cruise but perhaps with a different TA or direct with Princess.

There are a few errors above. We have booked several b2b cruises. Some were booked as one cruise and others as two.

Either way, the internet minutes are for each leg. Minutes left at the end of leg 1 will carry to leg 2.

Either way you will get a mini bar set up at the beginning of each leg.

The first leg is 14 days, so the military and shareholder OBC (if you are eligible) would be $250. I don't know the length of the second leg, but you would only get the OBC for it if you book as two cruises.

I am not thinking of cancelling first cruise which is already booked then booking both together was just thinking of booking follow on cruise but perhaps with a different TA or direct with Princess.

If I had a a cruise booked and was able to add a segment onto it - especially if I could keep the same cabin - I would snag it. We have such limited ability to cruise (both time and money) that I would take any chance to cruise. ;)

Do Princess deliver your duty free to your cabin at the conclusion of Leg 1 and can you therefore consume it on Leg 2? :D:D:D

I was on a B2B a few years ago and ordered liquor on the first leg.When it didn't arrive on the final day I went to the store and was told that since I was in transit,it would be delivered a week later.I politely informed them that I was visiting friends the next day and the liquor was a gift for them.They still refused so I told them to cancel the order when they then decided that I should get the liquor.Now I just go to the store on the last night and buy what I want.

Last B2B (Caribbean) we ordered duty free in the first leg and went and got it at the shop (can't remember the name but you know which one I mean). I don't know if they would have delivered but it was packed and waiting for us. Yes we got more on the second leg and those bottles made it home

Do Princess deliver your duty free to your cabin at the conclusion of Leg 1 and can you therefore consume it on Leg 2? :D:D:D

Not for us

Edited by gvre

I was on a B2B a few years ago and ordered liquor on the first leg.When it didn't arrive on the final day I went to the store and was told that since I was in transit,it would be delivered a week later.I politely informed them that I was visiting friends the next day and the liquor was a gift for them.They still refused so I told them to cancel the order when they then decided that I should get the liquor.Now I just go to the store on the last night and buy what I want.

So you are saying that, even though you will be on for the next segment, you just buy the liquor on the last day of the first segment and, because the people selling the liquor have no idea you are staying on board, they just let you take it with you and then you have it to consume in your cabin during the second segment of the cruise. Correct?

anybody know what the procedure is at changeover day, at the moment the cabin we have booked for 1st cruise is available on 2nd. Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Our turnaround in Southhampton went like this. The night before we received our new cruise cards, an intransit card and instructions in our cabin. If we wished we could visit the exit have our old cards scanned out and then have our new cards scanned in. There was no requirement to leave the ship. The second option and the one we took was to leave the ship. We walked into town, looked around, did some shopping and then walked back to the ship. On arriving at the pier general boarding had not yet started, and we were directed to a special boarding gate. We showed our new cruise cards and the intransit cards and were quickly on the ship. Really easy. Note: our ship was docked at the furthest pier. The walk into town is about 30 mins. If you are at the Mayflower pier that is right in town, but I don't know if Princess ever uses this pier.

So you are saying that, even though you will be on for the next segment, you just buy the liquor on the last day of the first segment and, because the people selling the liquor have no idea you are staying on board, they just let you take it with you and then you have it to consume in your cabin during the second segment of the cruise. Correct?

Yes, but it does not always work. Sometimes they will only allow you to get the alcohol at the end of the last leg.

If buying the last day inside the shop, they can usually figure out you are B2B. If buying at a table set up outside the shop, they write the purchase on a slip and cannot tell at that time you are B2B and thus allow you to take it with you.

Our b2b on Crown last September, was booked as 2 cruises one of 17 days one of 4. The night before arriving southampton new cruise cards delivered plus instructions to go to a dining room at 10.00am. We were then taken to swipe our new cards and could have gone into southampton if we wished. We decided to stay on board. As for alcohol we had bought in Gib on the first cruise and handed in as we wished to take it home it was delivered to our cabin the last night of first leg! We managed not to drink it LOL