Power Strip/Surge Protector

Marieze

debygety.jpg

gatu7e4y.jpg

Hi Everyone! Please take a look at the Belkin Power Strip/Surge Protector I plan on bringing aboard the Golden in August. I just want to confirm that this type of plug will work in the cabin. We have 2 cellphones that will most likely need charging at some point, an ipad and possible laptop.

Will this work?

Thanks....Marieze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
pictures moved from horizontal position to vertical. Thread was too wide for average member screens.

Thank you both for the quick reply. I am really having the darndest time getting the thing to swivel when I pust the white button....am I missing something? I would think it shouldn't be that hard haha! :confused:

Marieze

The circle that is supposed to re-orient is not fully cut around the whole circle....there is one part of the plastic that looks like it's fused together....therein lies the problem.....back to Amazon I guess.....ugh:rolleyes:

Marieze

Thank you both for the quick reply. I am really having the darndest time getting the thing to swivel when I pust the white button....am I missing something? I would think it shouldn't be that hard haha! :confused:

Marieze

It is difficult to swivel the 1st time & try turning it both directions while pushing the button.

I carry a power strip and a 6ft extension cord. I also carry three way adapters with both 2 & 3 way prongs. You should be able to get it at Staples, Lowe's or home depot.

Art Mencher

upcoming cruises

Celebrity Solstice Sept. 11, 2014 Alaska

Grand Princess December 04, 2014 Hawaii

Regal Princess April 5, 2015 Caribbean

Coral Princess April 12, 2015 Panama

Try amazon.com :cool:

That's where it was! I have never seen that shipping time on Amazon before. I get impatient with Amazon sometimes since they have a fulfillment center in my town and another 20 miles away and 2 of my kids have worked there lol! Just let me come pick it up ha ha!

I have a really good travel power strip but I found that I really don't need it. It's heavy and takes up room in my suitcase. Just about every electronic device and camera charger has a USB connection so I just bring a relatively small plug with four USB ports.

I also recently got a very small charger for $16. It's about the size and weight of a cigarette lighter. It charges both my iPhone and iPad from depleted to fully charged and still has power left. I plan to bring it on my September cruise and think it'll be great for my long flights to Copenhagen when I read on my iPad Mini for hours. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A5C4QDK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1404010446&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40

Edited by Pam in CA

I use this power strip for cruises: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015DYMVO/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't quite tell if this is the same one as the picture in the first post, but it must be pretty similar. I bought the 1 AMP version before I knew that tablets need a 2.1 AMP USB charging port, but that's okay, I plug the tablet into the regular outlet, and leave the USB ports for phones and Kindle.

I'm planning on bringing a power strip on the Coral Princess on my upcoming cruise this Saturday. Where should I pack it? My checked in suitcase or carry on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a travel power strip with 2 110v outlets and 2 USB ports and a carry case. I usually just pack it in my carry on. Its never been an issue.

I have a really good travel power strip but I found that I really don't need it. It's heavy and takes up room in my suitcase. Just about every electronic device and camera charger has a USB connection so I just bring a relatively small plug with four USB ports.

I also recently got a very small charger for $16. It's about the size and weight of a cigarette lighter. It charges both my iPhone and iPad from depleted to fully charged and still has power left. I plan to bring it on my September cruise and think it'll be great for my long flights to Copenhagen when I read on my iPad Mini for hours. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A5C4QDK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1404010446&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40

Hi Pam,

You are always quick with a reply and have been a wonderful source of information. Question on extention cords, will we need one in a balcony cabin on the Pacific Princess? Never needed one for the mini's? It's for the C-pap machine.

Thanks, Laura

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

Just about every electronic device and camera charger has a USB connection so I just bring a relatively small plug with four USB ports.

Not every one :( I used to get along fine with only USB adaptors until I bought a new Canon camera about 18 months ago. It has a custom battery and the charger has a regular plug not USB. :mad:

Hi Pam,

You are always quick with a reply and have been a wonderful source of information. Question on extention cords, will we need one in a balcony cabin on the Pacific Princess? Never needed one for the mini's? It's for the C-pap machine.

Thanks, Laura

There are two US style plugs and two European two pin plugs all in a row by the desk on the balcony cabins on the Pacific Princess. There is also a two prong razor recharger in the hairdryer in the bathroom

debygety.jpg

gatu7e4y.jpg

Hi Everyone! Please take a look at the Belkin Power Strip/Surge Protector I plan on bringing aboard the Golden in August. I just want to confirm that this type of plug will work in the cabin. We have 2 cellphones that will most likely need charging at some point, an ipad and possible laptop.

Will this work?

Thanks....Marieze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On carribbean.

20140524_Surge_0404.jpg.1a301a54ed76c2f9e05b36181164e842.jpg

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
pictures in quote moved from horizontal position to vertical. Thread was too wide for average member screens.

Hi Pam,

You are always quick with a reply and have been a wonderful source of information. Question on extension cords, will we need one in a balcony cabin on the Pacific Princess? Never needed one for the mini's? It's for the C-pap machine.

Thanks, Laura

Always a good idea to bring your extension cord. You never know...

Always a good idea to bring your extension cord. You never know...

Between the three of us in the mini-suite, we have two phones, a Kindle, a Nook, a laptop, a camera battery charger and a flat iron that need outlets for charging or use. We spent the last cruise taking turns to charge things.

I just bought an extension cord with six outlets for the next cruise. :)