Power Strip/Surge Protector

Marieze

They do not work with 220V outlets even if you have a plug connector. Must use a transformer if it will be plugged to a 220V outlet.

Do you mean a plug adapter? Why would you need a transformer? Most electronics will charge with voltages between 110 and 240 volts.

A note to those using the Belkin power strip. It's not rated for European voltage of 220-240 volts. A better option for Europe would be those by Monster which are rated for the higher voltage.

Lew

It is a good idea to always bring your extension cord. You would not be happy if you didn't bring one and couldn't use your CPAP:(

I think I read somewhere that you can get an extension cord from your steward, but if that is correct, what would you do if he was out of stock?

I totally agree. It's much better to have and not need, than to need but not have. Especially for medical equipment. I certainly wouldn't depend on "Stewart" to supply an extension cord.

Hi all,

It is always best to plug a CPAP or Oxygen equipment into a grounded receptacle, thought standard CPAPs (and BiLevel devices) are just two-pronged. The powerstrip the OP posted looks great!

I forgot my cord last cruise on the Star and the Steward did bring me a cord, though it was super heavy duty and very BIG. It was the kind used on construction sites. My fault for forgetting it really.

Also if any of you are not aware, they will provide distilled water too in gallon containers for your trip. Just request in the cruise personalizer. You can also request via the room Steward or Purser desk.

I've been cruising with a POC (oxygen) for years. Because of the usual cabin arrangement, I need a heavy duty extension cord for it. It is one of the first things I request from the room steward, and it is always, always available. If he doesn't have one, he gets one from the electricians. There is never an "out of stock" situation.

I ask the room steward to tape it to the carpet/flooring between the desk and the bottom of the bed, so I don't trip in the middle of the night if I get up. We then run the remainder of the cord beneath the bed to where it is needed on the side near the top of the bed. Works like a charm. Well, almost like a charm, a few times I had to really explain exactly how to tape the cord down, but they did it.

M.

It is a good idea to always bring your extension cord. You would not be happy if you didn't bring one and couldn't use your CPAP:(

I think I read somewhere that you can get an extension cord from your steward, but if that is correct, what would you do if he was out of stock?

Do you mean a plug adapter? Why would you need a transformer? Most electronics will charge with voltages between 110 and 240 volts.

A note to those using the Belkin power strip. It's not rated for European voltage of 220-240 volts. A better option for Europe would be those by Monster which are rated for the higher voltage.

Lew

I bought this one to use in Europe for our electronics - but obviously this is just USB plugs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVKR92Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

I travel with two or three adapters and a power strip on a short extension cord (about a foot or so). Works for me.

I don't like ones like the one pictured as the power outlets in hotel rooms can be in odd places and I'd rather have the flexibility of the cord.

You answered your question in your 2nd paragraph. The Belkin power strip requires a transformer to use with a 220V-240V outlet.

see above in red

debygety.jpg

gatu7e4y.jpg

Hi Everyone! Please take a look at the Belkin Power Strip/Surge Protector I plan on bringing aboard the Golden in August. I just want to confirm that this type of plug will work in the cabin. We have 2 cellphones that will most likely need charging at some point, an ipad and possible laptop.

Will this work?

Thanks....Marieze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup! I have the same one!

Think about taking an extension cord too. There is typically only one outlet in the cabins, so an extension cord could come in handy!

In my balcony stateroom I have the following plugs, 2 plugs next to the phone, and another one behind the TV. The Belkin Power Strip/Surge Protector has a swivel plug so you can position it so that you still have access to the other of the 2 plugs.

Tom:)

Originally Posted by -Lew-

You answered your question in your 2nd paragraph. The Belkin power strip requires a transformer to use with a 220V-240V outlet.

Bill...

Okay, I see where you're coming from...my post was a bit confusing.

Personally, I wouldn't go to the trouble of bringing a transformer in order to use the Belkin power strip. Since I became aware of the Belkin's shortcomings, I use the Monster Outlets To Go power strip in foreign hotels. I use either onboard ships.

Lew

Bill...

Okay, I see where you're coming from...my post was a bit confusing.

Personally, I wouldn't go to the trouble of bringing a transformer in order to use the Belkin power strip. Since I became aware of the Belkin's shortcomings, I use the Monster Outlets To Go power strip in foreign hotels. I use either onboard ships.

Lew

Only problem I see with the Monster is that the USB port is a 1A. Good for phones/iPods but not tablets. Would need a wall wart for those.

Only problem I see with the Monster is that the USB port is a 1A. Good for phones/iPods but not tablets. Would need a wall wart for those.

On the 2.1 amp version of the Belkin, each of the two USB ports puts out a bit over 1 amp.

Lew

On the 2.1 amp version of the Belkin, each of the two USB ports puts out a bit over 1 amp.

Lew

Hi Lew...I have the Belkin device pictured that I've had for several years & the only amp listed is a "maximum load" of 15A. Checking the model # on Amazon it's the 1 AMP/5 WATT model. Could you explain what types of devices would be best charged with my 3 outlet/2 USB ports Belkin charger surge protector. We have iPhones/iPad/Kindle Fire HDX/camera batteries to charge during a cruise.

Hi Lew...I have the Belkin device pictured that I've had for several years & the only amp listed is a "maximum load" of 15A. Checking the model # on Amazon it's the 1 AMP/5 WATT model. Could you explain what types of devices would be best charged with my 3 outlet/2 USB ports Belkin charger surge protector. We have iPhones/iPad/Kindle Fire HDX/camera batteries to charge during a cruise.

Hi Frank...

I believe I have the same model as you. I'm by no means an expert, but for charging overnight, and that's really the only time we use the Belkin for charging, any of the ports work well for iPhone, iPad Mini and iPad. I believe you'll get faster charging by plugging the device charger into one of the regular, non-USB, receptacles rather than using the USB ports directly.

Lew

Hi Frank...

I believe I have the same model as you. I'm by no means an expert, but for charging overnight, and that's really the only time we use the Belkin for charging, any of the ports work well for iPhone, iPad Mini and iPad. I believe you'll get faster charging by plugging the device charger into one of the regular, non-USB, receptacles rather than using the USB ports directly.

Lew

Thanks Lew & in comparison to me and many others you're an expert. ;)

They work great for traveling anywhere not just on a cruise ship. Its been recommended that you get the 2.1 amp which I have and take on all of my trips. It's nice that you can swivel the plug to put it into the best position. The best device for charging that I have ever had. Remember that it has 2 USB plugs and you can purchase it with either 1, 3 or 6 outlets.

Tom:)

I've used this Belkin adapter for years in hotels, ships, etc. all over, and it's been one of the best investments I've ever made. It's had everything imaginable plugged into it--cameras, computers, etc. with never a problem. Highly recommended.

I've used this Belkin adapter for years in hotels, ships, etc. all over, and it's been one of the best investments I've ever made. It's had everything imaginable plugged into it--cameras, computers, etc. with never a problem. Highly recommended.

I have a Belkin as well, and I don't care for it. I took it on one cruise and after that I just left it at home and went back to my power strip. It's plugged in at home, but there isn't anything plugged into it.

I bought this one to use in Europe for our electronics - but obviously this is just USB plugs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVKR92Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

Thank you for the suggestion. Asked DD to get me one from Rome. SHe got me a two port one and an adapter in case I run into a grounding situation.

Found my other travel surge protector. It's a square Philips with two USB, one outlet on one side and two more on the other. It has a 6" cord.

82-641-417-02.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1Z80K12888&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Audio+%2f+Video+Accessories-_-9SIA1Z80K12888&ef_id=U8B3lQAABNEjghth:20140811222752:s