westerdam fire

There is very little to do in Sitka.

When you tender in, the locals have creatively figured out how to by-bass the ship with some school buses and cheap trips to the bear and bird exhibits.

I just counted 49 tour options in Juneau and 18 tour options in Sitka. The big buck tours are also in Juneau.

Also - Remember the days are LONG in Alaska. Some berths will be used twice the same day. HAL tends to have the best berth locations - maybe because they were doing AK long before some of the other lines.

Sitka was our favorite port. Less touristy , gorgeous and we had an amazing private tour on which we saw a whale breach and play next to us for over 20 minutes , otters , eagles , deer and salmon jumping!!!

Which webcam are you looking at? I can't get anything moving....

it doesn't move - it refreshes.

Just now when it refreshed it looked like she ate a teeny boat - next refresh you could see the little boat aft. She is out of the center camera range now and I can't get it to open on the right camera....

Edited by Mytime2014

CC won't let me post it - look up Cruisin (dot) me.

Thank you.

I got to the link just in time to watch her for a brief time. :)

Fair Winds and a Following Sea to Westerdam and all who sail in her.

Will they need a pilot to leave port? Do tides have anything to do with why they may still be sitting there?

And to everyone who is keeping us updated, thanks very much. Certainly hope the ship is able to leave soon!

A pilot is required by the Coast Guard. Will get off in Port Angeles- 3 hours from Port. In Alaska, a pilot is on board 1/3 of the time. I will be seeing in the next 30 minutes from my house, the Westerdam heading North.

We can see Port Angeles from our bedroom window, so I will keep my eyes open for her passing!

LOL, that made me think of another famous - similar - quote... "I can see Russia from my house". No offense, it just made me laugh. You must have a wonderful view.

LOL' date=' that made me think of another famous - similar - quote... "I can see Russia from my house". No offense, it just made me laugh. You must have a wonderful view.[/quote']

Ha Ha! My initials aren't S.P.! Actually we're up on a hill, so get a distant view to Port Angeles - mainly pulp mill! We can see the shipping, too.