Qsine on Summit

stevetod

My wife and I will be on the Summit this Sunday and have been thinking about trying Qsine one night. The issue is I heard from other guests that it is better to go with more than two people . Is that accurate? Can the two of us enjoy the experience?

Thanks,

Steve

Have not done two, but have done three. Go and enjoy. It is a restaurant where going with a group is perhaps more fun than a more formal restaurant, but IMHO this does not work in reverse. No matter how many you can still enjoy. The waiter will request the appropriate size for each plate ordered (ie, for sliders, you will get two sliders. When we went with three people we got three).

My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Summit's Qsine on June 2 and were very surprised (OK - shocked is more like it!) that our server told us we could only choose 4 items for dinner from the iPad menu. My husband questioned her, because someone at the pool had told him it was unlimited choices, but she reiterated that we could only choose 4 for dinner.

The food was good; we had a good time with only the 2 of us; and we're glad we tried it after all this time, but decided it wasn't worth $45 pp, plus tip (the Manager told us we were expected to tip as we would at any land-based restaurant), plus drinks (our Premium Beverage packages were not accepted in Qsine).

The food is very good and it would be hard, at least for us, to eat more than five choices. Still, we were told we could pick as many as we wanted.

It is a long night, so I would not plan anything after. Took us about two and a half hours and we were very ready to get out. As with most thing on a cruise, its a personal thing, but we will did not feel like it was worth the price.

Burt

My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Summit's Qsine on June 2 and were very surprised (OK - shocked is more like it!) that our server told us we could only choose 4 items for dinner from the iPad menu. My husband questioned her, because someone at the pool had told him it was unlimited choices, but she reiterated that we could only choose 4 for dinner.

The food was good; we had a good time with only the 2 of us; and we're glad we tried it after all this time, but decided it wasn't worth $45 pp, plus tip (the Manager told us we were expected to tip as we would at any land-based restaurant), plus drinks (our Premium Beverage packages were not accepted in Qsine).

None of this is correct. You can choose as many menu items as you want, you can tip however you want (or not), and beverage packages are definitely accepted!

We went once as a couple in 2013 and had a great time. Ordered about 6 courses - most very good. I like the Lava Crab the best. There is at least one entree that is better with four or more (I don't want to gve away any secrets). Beverage packaged definitely accepted. We had the concierge know what we were ordering and he paired wines.

On recent Summit cruise we didn't go but six others from our group did. They did report there was "pressure" by the waiter to only order about four courses. They did end ordering more.

We went on the first night for a 6:30 reservation and thought we had made a mistake since the safetety briefing was at 7:45. But it actually worked out great. That gave us "halftime" to be able t digest a little before we came back for the last couple of courses and dessert.

I would definitely go! We went with our family of 4 just last week on the Summit and it was wonderful. No matter how many people you go with, the food is still amazing, the wait staff so nice and friendly - it was a real dining experience. As a matter of fact, there was a woman eating by herself the night we were there and I think she had at least 4 things delivered to her table.

Not sure about the drink questions. We had a classic alcoholic drink package and were still charged for the Sangria. Maybe because it was their specialty drink. It was in a nice-sized pitcher for the two of us (our young boys didn't get any!) and it was $31.00. Pricey, but I can highly recommend it.

From the Celebrity website regarding use of beverage packages :

"Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant,......". There may be some exceptions for special drinks (be sure to ask first) but overall packages are accepted. You also are 'allowed' to order as many options as you want. They usually suggest four, but you can definitely order more. If anyone ever encounters this type of lack of understanding of the policies by a waiter, I would ask to speak to the specialty restaurant manager/maître 'd, or whoever is in charge.

We dined in Qsine on our June 1st Summit cruise. There was 3 of us and we had a wonderful time. Our server Attila (like the Hun) was great and the food was creative (some was outstanding - like the tacos, shrimp, and pork egg rolls).

We had the classic drink package and my dad and I had no issues getting sodas with dinner, bottled water (crystal guyser) and my mom got a glass of white wine from the classic package.

The specialty drinks offered only at Qsine were all well over the classic limit (I think in the $14 range) so you would need to pay if you wanted one of them.

The day before we wanted a reservation, my dad went up to the restaurant (I had tried calling but got no answer) and asked about a 20% off discount. The lady at the podium said she didn't think so because they were going to be pretty full but she'd check. She came back and sure enough, 20% off was approved.

I wish the Equinox had Qsine because we'd definitely repeat that specialty restaurant but I don't see Murano's, Tuscan Grille, or Silk Harvest in our future.

I don't think Qsine is worth it. Go to Normandie instead.

We recently booked the Summit to New England/Canada based on our experience on the Constellation and eating in Blu. However, we were looking forward to eating one evening in the Tuscan Grill. If I am reading this correctly, there is no TG :eek: and the restaurant instead is Qsine ? :(

We have dined in Qsine on the Silhouette. It was an enjoyable experience with others, but we have no desire to try it again. We have also dined in Ocean Liners on two occasions. We prefer Tuscan.

My wife and I will be on the Summit this Sunday and have been thinking about trying Qsine one night. The issue is I heard from other guests that it is better to go with more than two people . Is that accurate? Can the two of us enjoy the experience?

Thanks,

Steve

My suggestions for any size party at Qsine is not to touch any of the bread offered, and to ask for the really good stuff (steak and lamb chops earlier rather than later when you are filled.)

Edited by bayonnejoe

The only exceptions to the beverage package in Qsine are the specialty drinks that you will see on your Ipad. They are not available with any package including the Premium Package, even with the small upcharge of anything over $13, and this included the Sangria. This was the policy as of my last visit in October, and one that I think Celebrity needs to reconsider. All other package rules apply.

Edited by bayonnejoe

We recently booked the Summit to New England/Canada based on our experience on the Constellation and eating in Blu. However, we were looking forward to eating one evening in the Tuscan Grill. If I am reading this correctly, there is no TG :eek: and the restaurant instead is Qsine ? :(

We have dined in Qsine on the Silhouette. It was an enjoyable experience with others, but we have no desire to try it again. We have also dined in Ocean Liners on two occasions. We prefer Tuscan.[/QUO

Edited by bayonnejoe

We have dined in Qsine on the Silhouette. It was an enjoyable experience with others, but we have no desire to try it again. We have also dined in Ocean Liners on two occasions. We prefer Tuscan.[/QUO

Normandie is an Ocean Liners clone. Couldn't agree with you more about Tuscan Grille as opposed to Qsine. We sail Summit twice a year and took the Constellation last January for the first time in four years. We were somewhat skeptical about Tuscan Grille, expecting possibly something like Olive Garden. We were very pleasantly surprised to find it very good for its Italian offerings. We ate there twice, and now wish Celebrity would replace Qsine with Tuscan Grille on the Summit. Qsine is good for the experience once or twice.

Normandie is an Ocean Liners clone. Couldn't agree with you more about Tuscan Grille as opposed to Qsine. We sail Summit twice a year and took the Constellation last January for the first time in four years. We were somewhat skeptical about Tuscan Grille, expecting possibly something like Olive Garden. We were very pleasantly surprised to find it very good for its Italian offerings. We ate there twice, and now wish Celebrity would replace Qsine with Tuscan Grille on the Summit. Qsine is good for the experience once or twice.

:( Thank you for the information. Unless we get a good offer for a discount, we will not eat in Normandie, either.

The only exceptions to the beverage package in Qsine are the specialty drinks that you will see on your Ipad. They are not available with any package including the Premium Package, even with the small upcharge of anything over $13, and this included the Sangria. This was the policy as of my last visit in October, and one that I think Celebrity needs to reconsider. All other package rules apply.

This is absolutely not true. Of course those drinks are included in the premium package (except the sangria if it's served by the pitcher.) I've dined in Qsine on both my cruises and had the premium package both times, and my BF and I both ordered drinks from the menu on the iPad, and they were included. Where are these crazy imaginary policies coming from? :confused:

This is absolutely not true. Of course those drinks are included in the premium package (except the sangria if it's served by the pitcher.) I've dined in Qsine on both my cruises and had the premium package both times, and my BF and I both ordered drinks from the menu on the iPad, and they were included. Where are these crazy imaginary policies coming from? :confused:

I can only tell you what happened on our last Summit cruise (the repo in April 2014). We were told by our waiter the specialty drinks were not included. We were also on the repo in 2013. Perhaps the policy has changed. It is possible we ordered from the specialty drink menu on that one, but I do not remember.

Edited by bayonnejoe

Thanks,

Steve

Wife and myself enjoyed ourselves so much, went three times. Just liked everything about it.:D:D