Whitehouse Black Market

I am a White House Black Market addict. I shop both in store and online. A good part of my current wardrobe is from there. I buy everything from work clothes to casual tops to jeans to coats.

Overall, I think there quality is very good. Part of the reason I started to shop at WHBM was that I noticed a decline in quality at places like Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor LOFT with items shrinking and materials not being as substantial as they used to be.

That being said, you do pay for the higher quality. However, at this point, I almost only shop the sales and I "stalk" the items I like the best. I have purchased some great dresses from them.

I would go for it. If you have a local store, I would also go in and see how things fit on you to get a general idea of sizing, as I find my size does vary depending on the garment.

Love WHBM! I just did some shopping on their website for our upcoming cruise and boy did I get some great deals. Here's an example of what I bought (so far);)

Beautiful black off the shoulder cocktail dress

3 Pairs of perfectly fitting jeans, black, white and blue denim

1 Pair of fabulous silver heels

1 Blue silk top

1 Blue "Trophy" jacket

What I like most about WHBM is with my membership I never pay for shipping.

The clothes are of good quality and wear well.

The fit is usually on target, not like some other similar brands lately.

Watch their website and sign up for emails because they have some great sales, sometimes with additional discount. But they change almost every day so you need to keep on top of it.

WHBM is one of my favorite stores. They have some great sales, especially online. Free shipping if you sign up for their "club" plus they are always sending 20-30% off coupons. Very easy to return something bought online.

Sherri:)

Another WHBM fan here! I'm a major sale stalker and have quite a collection of their jewelry, tops and pants. I have never had a problem with their quality and would highly recommend them. Enjoy!

Tamie

wow, what great reviews. I remember commenting on a woman's blouse and she said that she had purchased it at Whitehouse Black Market. I had never even hear of this company before. I will defiantly check it out.

wow, what great reviews. I remember commenting on a woman's blouse and she said that she had purchased it at Whitehouse Black Market. I had never even hear of this company before. I will defiantly check it out.

Forgot to mention, if you don't already have a coupon, always do a search for one. I just bought this navy sparkly tee and found a promo for additional 10% off on Retailmenot.

I'll try to upload an image here.

1939252504_bluesparklytee.jpg.106aa9ef135d1029b88f2bb18813a9be.jpg

I love White House Black Market and I'm lucky because we have one of their stores at our outlets in Camarillo, CA and they have all kinds of discounted clothing, shoes, and accessories. I like the quality of their stuff and I say go for it if you see something you like. Most of their clothing is for ladies that wear smaller sizes and I find that their "large and x-large (when you can find that size)" are not really x-large at all. At least not that I've seen. The sizes run on the smaller side. But I've still been able to find some things and I'll be wearing one of their maxi skirts on my upcoming cruise to Mexico on formal night.:D

35% of my wardrobe came from WHBM and 35% from Eileen Fisher, another 15% is Ralph Lauren and 5% is Tommy Bahama. That should give you an idea of the quality and styles. :)

One of the things I love about WHBM is that a lot of their dresses are a good fit for this tall girl. So many times I get reg dresses, and the hem stops 4 inches from my knee (not great for work) and the 'waist' is at my rib cage. I have a hard time walking out of WHBM without spending over $800. I try to only go there once a season. lol

I *LOVE* WHBM! I wear a variety of their sizes, depending on what it is. I do have a thick middle, but the larger dress sizes generally fit me. And look good. Yes, I pay for them, but I think they will last a good long time. I absolutely love their jeans--they are the best fitting pair I've ever worn. I have three different colors. Love the jewelry.

I also like the fact that they keep black and white as a common theme and cycle new colors every couple of months. And once you figure out the fit, you can stalk the sale/clearance section and pretty much just know what will fit.

Cozette ... I see you live in Oregon and of course I have no idea which area but WHBM has an outlet at the Woodburn Outlets and they always have wonderful prices and sales. WHBM is a Chico's affiliated store so they, like Chicos, have a mix of merchandise that is only for the outlets as well as merchandise that is from the WHBM stores.

They have great deals on wonderful clothes, at both the WHBM and the Outlets shops.

WHBM is one of my favorite stores for dresses and tops. Great quality, decent prices, and as a tall woman, I appreciate that they have true knee length dresses for me. I was surprised to see that others found the sizes run small - I've found the exact opposite. When I got back from my last deployment, I was 5'9" and about 140 pounds and fit into their size 2 dresses (and one size zero. Really!?!) and XS tops and jackets. Is it good for my ego? Yes. Is it true sizing? Not even close. Definitely go and try some things on before you order to see what you think.

WHBM is one of my favorite stores for dresses and tops. Great quality, decent prices, and as a tall woman, I appreciate that they have true knee length dresses for me. I was surprised to see that others found the sizes run small - I've found the exact opposite. When I got back from my last deployment, I was 5'9" and about 140 pounds and fit into their size 2 dresses (and one size zero. Really!?!) and XS tops and jackets. Is it good for my ego? Yes. Is it true sizing? Not even close. Definitely go and try some things on before you order to see what you think.

Agree, they definitely do not run small, just the opposite.

I agree that the dresses are fantastic for tall women. I am 5'11" and WHBM is one of the few brands that hits my knees. Where I find that they can run small is in the bust, but that is probably because I am a DD. Minimizer bras have solved that problem, so I am able to get my size and not go up one and pay for alterations. Overall I absolutely love the brand, especially the dresses and bustiers.

Lisa

I have one dress from there and the quality is fantastic. The attention to detail surprised me. It has snaps to secure bra straps into the sundresses straps, it has pockets, it's very high quality material and linings with a good feel to it (not flimsy and shapeless) and it ran true to size for me.

I've been shopping there for years and really love the dress selection. Very flattering and they lean toward a bit trendier than Ann Taylor but less gaudy than Cache. Quality is similar, though. They also have fantastic accessories, like jewelry and sunglasses.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree that the dresses are fantastic for tall women. I am 5'11" and WHBM is one of the few brands that hits my knees. Where I find that they can run small is in the bust, but that is probably because I am a DD. Minimizer bras have solved that problem, so I am able to get my size and not go up one and pay for alterations. Overall I absolutely love the brand, especially the dresses and bustiers.

Lisa

I am a small D bust and most if their dresses and shirts fit me like they were custom made, so I can see where they could be a smidge tight on you.

I am a small D bust and most if their dresses and shirts fit me like they were custom made, so I can see where they could be a smidge tight on you.

Same here, small d cup and they fit just right in the bust for me. I'm 5'7 and everything fits perfectly in just the right places.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hopefully you will have great experience and defiance won't be necessary! ;)