Thanks Cruise Critic!

sportsmum

I booked directly with HAL for the first time. They gave me the best price online and then when I called it was a couple of hundred less!

Issue - not because I dealt with HAL direct, I'm sure: I bought FCD on the last cruise as I always do. The fellow I was dealing with said I didn't have any. I was positive I did, I ALWAYS do - it guarantee's another :) but he said no. I was told I used them on the Eurodam cruise in 2012. I continued with the booking and just couldn't get over how stupid I was but continued to look for my papers (we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with reno's) and I found them! I told the fellow the numbers on my paper and he insisted those were the ones I used.

Booking done, off to walk dogs. Still thinking what an idiot I am. Then it hit - How could I use the FCD on the cruise I BOUGHT them on?? Back home, called HAL customer service and she said she sees them, they're active and transfers me to the FCD person, Sara. She's not there so I email her and copy in the fellow who I booked with. He still says I don't have any.

Point I am making? THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC! If it weren't for the signature function that ensures I remember all the cruises I have taken I would still be thinking I took an extra one somewhere and wondering if I had a good time or not! Eurodam was the last HAL cruise I took so I knew these were still good deposits. YAY!

I'm sure it will all work out - common sense will rule.... maybe not, but I have the paperwork and if not, well, I have an aft facing cabin in Alaska so who cares. :D

Thanks! I am sure they will when they get back in the office. If not my paper work should hold up. It's the booking guy that says that I already used them - you know, to book the cruise I was on when I bought them...?? Maybe he's new.

Hey! Where did all the park and cruise hotels in Seattle go now that I need them?:)

Go the HAL site, log in and click see my account and you will find a full list of every HAL cruise for which they have a record of you taking. It will tell you the total number of days you have and what level Star Mariner.

This really shows that you have to keep all your paperwork.

The FCD/FCC letter shows the ship, date, booking number of the cruise you bought your FCDs on, as well as the "serial" number of these FCDs.

This will surely be enough!!

Someone at HAL is being very dense! I once had a problem with these FCDs and my TA was SO happy I could give her the serial numbers. That fixed everything. Not so here!

Keep after HAL!! You may not get to talk to anyone until Monday as tomorrow is a holiday.

This is why I have metal file cabinet at home where I store all kinds of documents. And when we get home from a cruise, if I have booked future cruise credits -- I file them right away.

Keep after HAL!! You may not get to talk to anyone until Monday as tomorrow is a holiday.

This is why I have metal file cabinet at home where I store all kinds of documents. And when we get home from a cruise, if I have booked future cruise credits -- I file them right away.

After I have scanned them ! :D

Yes, I won't let it go, I just won't stress like I would have if I couldn't have proven it. I have the papers and the numbers - although those are the numbers he read off as 'used'.

The customer service lady said they were active and also said that Sara may already be on holiday. It was 10AM after all!:D

Isn't it funny that in all this reno mess it only took me 15 minutes to put my fingers on the FCD's but I can't find pots and pans ANYWHERE.....dinner out again......

Yes, I won't let it go, I just won't stress like I would have if I couldn't have proven it. I have the papers and the numbers - although those are the numbers he read off as 'used'.

The customer service lady said they were active and also said that Sara may already be on holiday. It was 10AM after all!:D

Isn't it funny that in all this reno mess it only took me 15 minutes to put my fingers on the FCD's but I can't find pots and pans ANYWHERE.....dinner out again......

You should never look for pans:D. Maybe they should get lost;).

Clearly, you have your priorities in order. :D

Satisfaction at last. :)

2 unreturned messages to Sara in the FCD department as well as 2 emails she did not respond to either. This afternoon I phoned and asked the person who answered to NOT transfer me to her line but to a supervisor (please). This nice lady, Stephanie, asked what about and I told her.

Quick hold and she's back and tells me she will call me right back. She did too!

The issue with the FCD's were that I bought them in US$ and I bought the cruise in Canadian $. They could not transfer currencies so the computer did not like me very much. Once a person got on it then it is all fixed - easy peasy, George and Weezie. I get the money back on my credit card and the OBC.

Shhh- the Canadian dollar was high when I bought and lower now. I think I made $2.56!!

Satisfaction at last. :)

2 unreturned messages to Sara in the FCD department as well as 2 emails she did not respond to either. This afternoon I phoned and asked the person who answered to NOT transfer me to her line but to a supervisor (please). This nice lady, Stephanie, asked what about and I told her.

Quick hold and she's back and tells me she will call me right back. She did too!

The issue with the FCD's were that I bought them in US$ and I bought the cruise in Canadian $. They could not transfer currencies so the computer did not like me very much. Once a person got on it then it is all fixed - easy peasy, George and Weezie. I get the money back on my credit card and the OBC.

Shhh- the Canadian dollar was high when I bought and lower now. I think I made $2.56!!

Excellent! Enough for a can of pop, compliments the currency exchange.

Glad this worked out. Nice that HAL was willing to accommodate the CND/USD transfer.

Happy they found the missing FCD's and very much appreciate you returned to tell us the 'rest of the story'. It niggles at me a bit when posters never tell us how their situation finished.