Alaska pre cruise tour starting in Fairbanks.

Arizona Cruz Chic

We are going on a cruisetour with Celebrity starting in Fairbanks next month, and even though you said you were going on Royal I figured I'd comment since they are the same parent company. Celebrity has us staying 2 nights at Sophie Station in Fairbanks. From what I have read Pike's Waterfront Lodge is also another popular hotel cruisetours stay at. We are arriving in Fairbanks 2 days ahead of the tour start and decided to stay at the Best Western Pioneer Park solely based on price. It was $100 per night as opposed to double that for Sophie. We have a rental car and don't think it will be that much trouble to move from Best Western to Sophie, but that is just our opinion. You're group might find it easier to stay in the same spot. Hope this helps a little.

TY seeingtheworldbysea...it does help a lot. I think your right about Celebrity using the same hotels as RC.

I checked rates at Sofie's Station and they are not available on those dates, however the dates I did check, the rate was really high, so I am checking other hotels. I don't mind moving one night hotel.

Thanks again, Enjoy your cruise!!! :)

RCI can't tell you which hotel they use in Fairbanks ??

Last summer they were using Pikes Waterfront Landing. I don't know if they used others as well. Read some of the 2013 trip reports for RCI cruisetours and you'll see where people stayed. ( see the STICKY above for 2013. Go to reply #45 where the reports are sorted by cruiseline)

Our last cruise to Alaska on Celebrity we stayed at Pike. This time we are at Sophie's Station. I called Pikes late last year and they were able to tell me that jour particular cruise tour was staying at Sophie's. They did offer to book a room for us for one night and transport us to Sophie's the day the tour begins. We've ended up staying in Anchorage the night before we fly to Fairbanks because of flight schedules so did not take them up on their offer. Fairbanks is fairly small so a taxi from one hotel to another should not cost much.

Mary Lou

Cruise tours, use several Fairbanks hotels, none can accommodate all the people who go. The exception may be HAL, who owns the Westmark. There have been reports, of not finding out where until closer to arrival. It is well worth the effort to arrive a few days early. I do find a car rental is "necessary" since the area is spread out, and with short time, the city bus takes a LOT of time. Cab fares can really add up quickly.

Cruise tours, use several Fairbanks hotels, none can accommodate all the people who go. The exception may be HAL, who owns the Westmark. ....

In 2012 friends from out of state did a HAL cruise and short cruise tour (before doing a DIY land tour). Their HAL cruise tour ended in Fairbanks and they stayed at Sophie Station.

This summer I am again seeing the Royal/X motor coaches parked at Pike's Waterfront.

In 2012 friends from out of state did a HAL cruise and short cruise tour (before doing a DIY land tour). Their HAL cruise tour ended in Fairbanks and they stayed at Sophie Station.

This summer I am again seeing the Royal/X motor coaches parked at Pike's Waterfront.

Thank you, I will check out pikes Waterfront.