Will they change a guarantee allocated cabin?

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering ,once you have been allocated a cabin ,balcony with a guarantee,are they likely to move you?

I am absolutely delighted :eek:where they have put me.;)

but it is 3 months till the cruise , as a solo are they likely to move me?

the cabin is a 4 berth.

Is there any way to insure they don't move me ? I don't want to move ! :D

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering ,once you have been allocated a cabin ,balcony with a guarantee,are they likely to move you?

I am absolutely delighted :eek:where they have put me.;)

but it is 3 months till the cruise , as a solo are they likely to move me?

the cabin is a 4 berth.

Is there any way to insure they don't move me ? I don't want to move ! :D

Cheers Deb

Deb yes you can be moved right up till you check in if they require the room, what you could do is to ring your booking agent and tell them can they mark the booking no upgrade and hope for the best

November is a very quiet month for cruising in Australia, so the odds look good that you wouldn't be moved.

I booked a cruise on Century late after final payment and paid less for a suite than I originally would have paid for an inside cabin.

As others have said, the likelyhood of being moved is low, however, they can do it. Happened to a friend last year but then it was a sold out cruise and the cabin they ended up in was only one deck down. it was no big issue, except they had to reprint the luggage tags, etc.:D

As the others have said, you could be moved if they need your cabin. I don't believe you can request not to be moved when you booked a guarantee. You would have paid a lower price by booking a 'guarantee', so they can move you. All you are guaranteed is that you will have a cabin in the category you paid for, or better, but not a particular cabin. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

November is a very quiet month for cruising in Australia, so the odds look good that you wouldn't be moved.

I booked a cruise on Century late after final payment and paid less for a suite than I originally would have paid for an inside cabin.

Hi Everyone , To explain further , They have allocated me a suite :D,the penthouse suite which is the highest category:D ... so anything they give me will be a down grade , not an upgrade . So am going to ring and ask that I stay in the suite ,it certainly would be and big disappointment,was still getting used to a suite idea and dreaming .

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone , To explain further , They have allocated me a suite :D,the penthouse suite which is the highest category:D ... so anything they give me will be a down grade , not an upgrade . So am going to ring and ask that I stay in the suite ,it certainly would be and big disappointment,was still getting used to a suite idea and dreaming .

Cheers Deb

Balcony guarantee and ending up with a suite. Sweet.:D

Maybe you shouldn't say anything.:eek:

Cheers Deb

Deb when you booked did you book a balcony guarantee or a suite guarantee, if you booked a balcony guarantee anything you get is not a downgrade as long as you get a balcony or higher

if someone else books and they have 4 people you could be dissapointed and lose your suite as the cruise line can make extra money

How exciting! Best you are prepared though, it sounds like you might have been parked there until closer. The chances are that they may upgrade a larger group. Hopefully you will stay, but I would have to agree with Mic, I would keep quiet as a mouse.

Good luck!:)

How exciting! Best you are prepared though, it sounds like you might have been parked there until closer. The chances are that they may upgrade a larger group. Hopefully you will stay, but I would have to agree with Mic, I would keep quiet as a mouse.

What suite? what guarantee? who is angelwingsflys?:p

Agree, I wouldn't say anything. Just keep your fingers crossed. They may be being proactive seeking to entice future bookings at a higher grade.

As I said, we got a suite on Century for less than an inside originally.

PS The suite had a big balcony! :)

Deb when you booked did you book a balcony guarantee or a suite guarantee, if you booked a balcony guarantee anything you get is not a downgrade as long as you get a balcony or higher

if someone else books and they have 4 people ,you could be disappointed and lose your suite as the cruise line can make extra money

Hi , My booking started as a balcony guarantee ,but when I was on the phone ,with the agent ,when she looked at the specials ,ie solo cruiser and senior offer that was running as well as the 123 Go promotion,she said that she would see if she could get me a suite guarantee at a similar price than the balcony , I have just reviewed all my emails ,then rang her back and she was confirmed that it was actually booked at the suite guarantee at the same price. So fingers crossed they don't move me .

cheers Deb

Hi , My booking started as a balcony guarantee ,but when I was on the phone ,with the agent ,when she looked at the specials ,ie solo cruiser and senior offer that was running as well as the 123 Go promotion,she said that she would see if she could get me a suite guarantee at a similar price than the balcony , I have just reviewed all my emails ,then rang her back and she was confirmed that it was actually booked at the suite guarantee at the same price. So fingers crossed they don't move me .

cheers Deb

I think you will be fine then. I doubt that they will move you now as you have a suite guarantee anyway.:D

Cheers Deb

When we booked a guarantee we were given two rooms and then downgraded back to one :eek: I would keep quiet and hope for the best :p

if someone else books and they have 4 people you could be dissapointed and lose your suite as the cruise line can make extra money

This is true:( Its called "Being Bumped" If your cabin is needed for more people or somebody wants your higher category you can be "Bumped" to the category and cabin in your guarantee even on cruise day:mad:

"Being Bumped" is most common with 2 in a 4 berth and those in Accessible cabins when fully able. You can be Bumped even when you pay to choose your own cabin, ins in T&C,s.

Best luck to you though as the odds are with you! We got a Mini suite on Pacific Dawn with an outside Guarantee when she first started sailing P&O:)

This is true:( Its called "Being Bumped" If your cabin is needed for more people or somebody wants your higher category you can be "Bumped" to the category and cabin in your guarantee even on cruise day:mad:

"Being Bumped" is most common with 2 in a 4 berth and those in Accessible cabins when fully able. You can be Bumped even when you pay to choose your own cabin, ins in T&C,s.

Best luck to you though as the odds are with you! We got a Mini suite on Pacific Dawn with an outside Guarantee when she first started sailing P&O:)

Let us all hope there is no bumping of that sort going on in that cabin.;)

Edited by MicCanberra

What is/was the final date for payment for this cruise. If final payment has already happened there would be much less chance of being bumped now -- but if final payment is still some time away, anything could happen between now and then. I LOVE GUARANTEES!! :)

Barry

What is/was the final date for payment for this cruise. If final payment has already happened there would be much less chance of being bumped now -- but if final payment is still some time away, anything could happen between now and then. I LOVE GUARANTEES!! :)

Barry

only thing with guarantee you are at the mercy of the cruise line and if you dont care where you sleep its fine but some people chuck a fit if they cop a lousy location

only thing with guarantee you are at the mercy of the cruise line and if you dont care where you sleep its fine but some people chuck a fit if they cop a lousy location

Depending on the cruise, we have sometimes picked our cabin and asked for no upgrades, yet on others have gone guarantee and are happy with whatever we got.:D

With a Guarantee fair, you don't get a "lousy location" - you either get the grade/location of cabin that you paid for -- or better.

And I am unsure of what is a "lousy location" -- the cabins in any given category get more expensive the higher they go up in the ship -- that to me is counter-intuitive . The higher in the ship - the worse the location as far as I am concerned.

Barry

I always book gty if they are available because there is no lousy locations from my point of view. Yes there are better locations and cabins so this makes gty's a win (cheaper) or a win win (cheaper and better). can't lose.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I always book gty if they are available because there is no lousy locations from my point of view. Yes there are better locations and cabins so this makes gty's a win (cheaper) or a win win (cheaper and better). can't lose.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

if you dont mind where you sleep you should be fine but my idea of a lousy location is as Ozkiwi said above or below a noisy area like the kitchen or any bars etc....we've struck a few on p&o and princess