Bringing soda on

Are you allowed to bring soda on board? I have only sailed Royal once but Carnival many times, and you are allowed to bring it on carnival. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you allowed to bring soda on board? I have only sailed Royal once but Carnival many times, and you are allowed to bring it on carnival. Thank you

The rules say no beverages allowed (except for two bottles of wine per stateroom), but the rules are freqently not enforced.

Agreed. Just make sure you have it with your carry-on items. If you put it in checked luggage, you may have to go to the naughty room to get it since security doesn't open checked bags, they just hold them for you to come and get them.

I've put bottles of water (sealed) in my checked bags multiple times and haven't had any problem. Never carried it on though and honestly couldn't imagine lugging a case of soda with me while trying to board a ship.

What about while in port? Can you walk back on the ship with a bottle of soda or water?

Sent from outerspace

Generally it is allowed in practice, although it is against published policy. They will check to make sure it is not alcohol.

What about while in port? Can you walk back on the ship with a bottle of soda or water?

Sent from outerspace

I've had to throw away (or chug) soda/water that was opened because they wouldn't let me take it on from port. Might depend on the day or the people watching but I've tried multiple times :D

We just put a 12pack of soda in one of our suitcases - and no problem. It showed up with our other luggage in the afternoon. No naughty room no problem. We have done this on our last 3 cruises.

I've put bottles of water (sealed) in my checked bags multiple times and haven't had any problem. Never carried it on though and honestly couldn't imagine lugging a case of soda with me while trying to board a ship.

I wouldn't put soda in checked baggage at the risk of it exploding and soaking everything. You can put it in a wheeled carryon.

Keep in mind that I said you *may* have to go get it from the naughty room. Just because it works for others doesn't mean it will work for you. Balance that against lugging a small case of water around, I guess.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the ship's water is actually quite good. Better than city water, anyways. Just not very cold.

Let me add the usual caution:

If you are cruising during spring break season, they are usually much more vigilant and negative on such matters.

Be prepared to lose your water and/or soda.

You probably will be able to keep it, but if they deny you, please just smile and comply.

ETA: When you read people's responses, be aware that different ports and different employees will produce different outcomes.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I've seen people tape a luggage tag to a 12 pack of coke. I've also observed people putting it through the scanner and just carry it on with them. The same goes for bottle water.

I wouldn't put soda in checked baggage at the risk of it exploding and soaking everything. You can put it in a wheeled carryon.

We've always carried our soda on in our check in - we just pack it among our clothes and it's never exploded. Wouldn't want to cart around a wheeled carryon everywhere on the ship until our room is ready, but that's just me 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it depends on the port and the time of the year. I have not had a problem in Tampa or Port Canaveral, but I have read that other people have had water and soda confiscated in Galveston. Try it, if it gets taken, you are not out a great deal of money.