A question for Elite+ travelling on Azamara.

portofrome

This is a stupid question but I'm just curious. I printed my Edoc for my October cruise on the Azamara Quest and checking my status on it, I just see the E (not E+ as I supposed) in the blue square close to my name. Being my first cruise ever as elite plus, is it normal or are they missing a +?

This is a stupid question but I'm just curious. I printed my Edoc for my October cruise on the Azamara Quest and checking my status on it, I just see the E (not E+ as I supposed) in the blue square close to my name. Being my first cruise ever as elite plus, is it normal or are they missing a +?

Azamara has yet to add ANY new benefits for those who are Elite+ or Zenith.

Was promised by the end of June.

Everyone is asking on the Azamara board, but no response.

Basically it is moot what level you are when sailing on Azamara.

Their extra benefits for Captains Club members are significantly less the they are on Celebrity.

Azamara has yet to add ANY new benefits for those who are Elite+ or Zenith.

Was promised by the end of June.

Everyone is asking on the Azamara board, but no response.

Basically it is moot what level you are when sailing on Azamara.

Their extra benefits for Captains Club members are significantly less the they are on Celebrity.

Looks like they are working on it:) I think Az's benefits are great! Significantly more internet minutes. I am just waiting to see what the bennies are for E+

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

Over on the Azamara forum... TommyD3 has responded their also; the gist of our comments are virtually identical...

Edited by Xport

Looks like they are working on it:) I think Az's benefits are great! Significantly more internet minutes. I am just waiting to see what the bennies are for E+

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

These are the same benefits that Azamara has had for years.

Actually they reduced the laundry benefit, it used to be one bag per person.

FYI - I get almost 7X the free internet on Celebrity compared to Azamara.

These are the same benefits that Azamara has had for years.

Actually they reduced the laundry benefit, it used to be one bag per person.

FYI - I get almost 7X the free internet on Celebrity compared to Azamara.

Don't they have self laundry on Azamara? Sorry Tommy didn't notice you were Zenith:( Of course you have more internet with Celebrity.

Edited by Christine Frances

I just took a look at Azamara point system. They don't have any cabins that give you 5 points. As Celebrity gives 5 points for Concierge Class/AquaClass. But the levels seem to be the same on Azamara as Celebrity. It might take you longer to get to the top level only cruising with Azamara. I remember getting 235 minutes free internet as a le club voyage discoverer. (Thank you Celebrity.) Now Azamara has 235 minutes on their platinum level. I'm just thinking who is talking to who. Would not RCL talk to Celebrity and Azamara and make the changes at the same time. If not in this case. Why would Azamara make a change to a point system and add levels if they don't know what they are going to do with the new levels?

I'm posting this in the hope that the RCCL social network execs see this....

Azamara is still sailing 2 old cruise ships from the 1990's. The other premium, smaller ship cruise lines are building and sailing new ships...Seabourn, Oceania etc... Viking is building and now sailing cruise ships.

I would sail on Azamara if it builds a modern ship.

Azamara is still sailing 2 old cruise ships from the 1990's. The other premium, smaller ship cruise lines are building and sailing new ships...Seabourn, Oceania etc... Viking is building and now sailing cruise ships.

I think you should post this on the azamara forum. I certainly agree with you.

I just took a look at Azamara point system. They don't have any cabins that give you 5 points. As Celebrity gives 5 points for Concierge Class/AquaClass. But the levels seem to be the same on Azamara as Celebrity. It might take you longer to get to the top level only cruising with Azamara. I remember getting 235 minutes free internet as a le club voyage discoverer. (Thank you Celebrity.) Now Azamara has 235 minutes on their platinum level. I'm just thinking who is talking to who. Would not RCL talk to Celebrity and Azamara and make the changes at the same time. If not in this case. Why would Azamara make a change to a point system and add levels if they don't know what they are going to do with the new levels?

Has--along with Azamara's continuing delay in defining benefits for the two new membership tiers in Le Club Voyage--been discussed at length for months, and continues to be a hot topic, on the Azamara forum...

If interested, following is a link to the primary thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959767

Why don't you call Azamara or Celebrity and ask them?

🌊🍸🇺🇸🌅

Has also been discussed at length--and frequently--on the Azamara forum...

In what is to my mind a best practice and one that I'd like to see Celebrity adopt on a more visible/routine/identifiable [name to "face"] basis, Azamara does employ a Chief Blogging Officer--Bonnie Berg McLaird [as successor to the wonderful Bill Lieber who passed away in January]--who actively monitors and participates in the forum and serves as a conduit/advocate between guests and Miami Headquarters... Bonnie can't contribute much when it comes to strategic issues--such as Le Club Voyage terms and plans to grow Azamara--as such things are not shared with her under terms she can disclose if shared at all... But there is no doubt in my mind that Leadership at both the Corporate and Brand level is acutely aware of what guests and potential guests are saying...

While I'm certainly not Azamara's biggest cheerleader--certainly the line has some--there are very specific reasons why I sail Azamara for some trips...

• I think they do an outstanding job in developing new and varied itineraries... It's particularly easy to cobble together a back-to-back that takes in fresh places for all but the most seasoned traveler... And as a mostly inclusive line that is likely a step up from premium mass market but doesn't claim to offer a "Six Star all-inclusive experience, their pricing--especially with promotions--can be fairly attractive to those, like me, on whom the value of the finest of wines/liquors, the most elaborate/expensive of foods, the most formal of service, and the most spacious/lavish of staterooms is lost... I live well but don't live that way at home and, while I understand that some do live that way routinely or otherwise choose to splurge on vacation, I'd personally rather go/see/do more often--or for longer--for the same spend...
  • Ship size allows Azamara to visit ports that large ships can't get to... And when they are in a larger city, they are invariably docked right in town [as I have been in places like Nice, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Tokyo and as I would have been in Shanghai had Journey not become disabled by a stray piece of steel cable that damaged a propeller when we entered Tokyo Bay] rather than an hour, two or more away... Makes for more efficient use of port time and far better tour logistics...
  • They advertise longer port calls, night touring opportunities, and more on-ship overnights at major cities... All foster Azamara's goal of providing a "destination immersion" experience [though they could--and they know it/seemingly are working it--further fulfill that goal with better targeted onboard enrichment programs]... When I initially planned to do Asia on Millennium, I expected to maximize my tour time by staying at city hotels during overnight port calls; the related personal expense was significant...
  • I appreciate, especially when doing extended trips that entail long flights, that their dress code is full-time smart casual... And I like that they offer a very nicely done, themed dinner buffet option every night--as an alternative to the Main Dining Room [which is all "open seating"]--after a long day of touring...
  • I like their staffing concept; from officers to crew, there isn't a lot of transferring between Journey and Quest... The group is seemingly happy, cohesive and supportive, and shares a common and consistent set of goals/expectations... To my mind it shows in their service levels/orientation, it shows in the interface--at all levels--that officers and crew enjoy with guests, and it shows in their relentless quest for feedback to improve personal and ship-wide guest experiences... With a fairly small/versatile staff and a guest base of fewer than 700, cruising with Azamara can be a very personal, boutique-type experience.... Guests are often greeted by staff with the phrase "Welcome Home" and, in word and in deed, they mean it...
  • Guests tend to be friendly, well-traveled, interested/interesting, and mix easily... I've detected no pretense; there is no nightly fashion show...
  • From providing an AzAmazing evening event [think of it as a ship-wide complimentary shore excursion appropriate to port location] once per cruise to staging a full barbecue dinner with entertainment poolside, Azamara does some nice things--and does them very well--that ships of larger scale couldn't begin to consider...

Standard balcony cabins--and especially baths--are small... The ships are admittedly older [of similar vintage to Celebrity Millennium-Class]... They lack the contemporary features/"wow" factor of today's new builds and they have not seen the significant investment that Oceania has put into their R-Class ships... Entertainment/activity options are fewer but appropriately sized to the guest base... I too wish that RCCL would make a stronger commitment to growing Azamara... But the ships are impeccably clean/lovingly maintained and, with good food/good drink/exceptional staff/pleasant surroundings the standard, provide a very nice cruise experience...

This is not the Azamara forum... But for the right trip for the right traveler, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest here that they are worth a look beyond the size of their fleet and the age of their ships...